Recruiting - 2014

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rare instance when broy is right. Spell out the goddam names!

Posters write posts with eight paragraphs of nonsense with pointless, excessive detail, but are too lazy to spell out OUR BILLIKEN PLAYERS full names.

Show some respect for our players, our warriors. Spell out their full names.

@BWeixScout: Per @D1MinnesotaTom, 2014 SG J.P. Macura has added offers from Miami and NC State today.

Damn. I really liked the idea of getting Macura because of the reports of him being an excellent shooter. Now that some big boys are jumping in, I think it is only a matter of time before Minnesota offers and he'll end up there.

Thanks. I had a feeling something wasn't quite right with my spelling. Goes to show how un-memorable "that guy" and most of the Soderberg era was (and I liked Brad)!

It's a tough one, first and last name. And it would have helped us all to learn it if he were the player Brad thought he was. Nice kid, though.

I prefer last names. I find myself typing those faster in addition to not having to think about it for a half-second longer. It never bothered me to the point of making it the board's biggest controversy of the summer (good sign?). Now that the board has been around a while and we're getting into second and third instances of some initials, Roy's argument gets stronger.

So, who's "Justin"? Love, Johnson, or Jordan?

Five years of JJ? I guess that guy will never graduate, huh?

We've never had a player named "Vashon," though Anthony Bonner and Dwayne Polk came to SLU from Vashon. We did have some guy named Vashun.

And there is the biggest problem with using full names: when you misspell one the grammar police will get you.

You know how Microsoft Word auto-corrects some words when typed incorrectly. Maybe someone could write some software for this site so that when one of us lazy posters types MM in it "auto-corrects" to Mike McCall for the even lazier readers that can't figure out who MM is. :D

We've never had a player named "Vashon," though Anthony Bonner and Dwayne Polk came to SLU from Vashon. We did have some guy named Vashun.

Respectively, they are to be referred to as "One", "Airplane" and "I DRAW THE LINE AT CARLTON".

There is no JJ but Jordair Jett. He's currently doing plyometrics to get his vertical up to 48" so he doesn't miss any more dunks, with the added benefit of literally exploding dudes' skulls when he curb stomps them for not respecting the initials.

Vashun, Vashon, Tampon, whatever. That fat fuok could eat, is all I know. Definitely shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Anthony "Ass Blaster" Bonner and Dwayne "Double Penetration" Polk. I could go all night.

INITIALZFOLYFE

Respectively, they are to be referred to as "One", "Airplane" and "I DRAW THE LINE AT CARLTON".

There is no JJ but Jordair Jett. He's currently doing plyometrics to get his vertical up to 48" so he doesn't miss any more dunks, with the added benefit of literally exploding dudes' skulls when he curb stomps them for not respecting the initials.

Vashun, Vashon, Tampon, whatever. That fat fuok could eat, is all I know. Definitely shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Anthony "Ass Blaster" Bonner and Dwayne "Double Penetration" Polk. I could go all night.

INITIALZFOLYFE

Are you confusing Vas'Shun Newbourne with Obi Ikeakor? I don't remember Newbourne having weight problems.

Are you confusing Vas'Shun Newbourne with Obi Ikeakor? I don't remember Newbourne having weight problems.

Yes, Vas was most definitely a Fat F***.

Regarding multiple Justins, easy. JLove is the only one who matters. If he has a nickname, you go with it.

I probably am. However, I'm sure they're both plenty fat now. Though I'm pretty sure it was Newbourne and his main bit.ch I saw at ghetto schmucks that one night getting their ice cream and pork rind on.

I probably am. However, I'm sure they're both plenty fat now. Though I'm pretty sure it was Newbourne and his main bit.ch I saw at ghetto schmucks that one night getting their ice cream and pork rind on.

See, now this could be funny if it weren't also denigrating. Replace "main b--" with "girlfriend" and I could laugh.

I think Obese Ikeakor ate Newbourne.

It's probably a good thing that Obi Ikeakor only played here for one season and never really became initial worthy. It would have been confusing for some when after a Cody Ellis three, the board started chanting, "Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi."

It's probably a good thing that Obi Ikeakor only played here for one season and never really became initial worthy. It would have been confusing for some when after a Cody Ellis three, the board started chanting, "Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi."

Ikeakor didn't even get through a season, did he? Didn't he leave after less than the first semester had elapsed (game-wise)? He did red-shirt before his truncated freshman season though, didn't he?

Ikeakor didn't even get through a season, did he? Didn't he leave after less than the first semester had elapsed (game-wise)? He did red-shirt before his truncated freshman season though, didn't he?

I don't recall, as I've tried to forget that season as best I can.

See, now this could be funny if it weren't also denigrating. Replace "main b--" with "girlfriend" and I could laugh.

yeah, i guess it's all relative. i tell my own mother (TRUF) that she's her boyfriend's main bit.ch. basically, if you got a main bit.ch, you're not really even dealing with any other bi.tches. it's a term of respect for the bit.ch.

yeah, i guess it's all relative. i tell my own mother (TRUF) that she's her boyfriend's main bit.ch. basically, if you got a main bit.ch, you're not really even dealing with any other bi.tches. it's a term of respect for the bit.ch.

It's only a term of respect if you're a canine. Last time I checked, the vast majority of dogs neither talked nor typed.

Thicks hardwired thinking post is right on. 9 times out of ten when I am going through billikens.com I am multitasking about 4 things at once and it is very easy to miss points as it is let alone decipher initials and Acronyms.

Those fearing the spelling police as a reason is weak. Typically our brains will recognize misspellings before initials and acronyms.

Final thought when I quickly scan "mm" I think candy tasty candy before our star point guard. I've been thinking "melt in my mouth not my hand" a heck of a lot longer than the three years enjoying the play of mike McCall.

It's really quite simple. Chance Ellis should be first and last name because he is just a recruit at this point. If he signs, as soon as he suits up, he becomes CE. Now that Cody Ellis has graduated, we've gotten to know him so well over the years, that he just becomes Cody... no need to reference his last name. So to recap, recruit: first and last name; current player - initials; former player - first name only

+1.

Unless Tommie Liddell has recently gained extra eligibility, it should be pretty clear that TL refers to Tanner Lancona, especially if used in context with this year's team.

It's only a term of respect if you're a canine. Last time I checked, the vast majority of dogs neither talked nor typed.

point taken. but i don't think you should be so close-minded towards dogs. i think you'd be surprised at the number of dogs typing and talking. they can haz be is hunams, too.

Recruiting update:

Caught up with Kelan Martin, a 6-6 rising senior from Louisville Ballard who plays for Indiana Elite. Martin said he’s heard recently from Southern Miss and Saint Louis, but said the school he talks to the most is Butler.

Martin doesn’t have a Butler offer yet, but said he’s been told by new coach Brandon Miller that he will be recruited by the Bulldogs.

“They’ve still been contacting me and texting me and telling me they will be at all my games,” he said.

Martin visited Butler last week when Brad Stevens was still the coach. Assistant Michael Lewis has been the main contact on his recruitment and watched him on Thursday at the Adidas Invitational.

“I like their program and think I’m a good fit for their school,” said Martin, who scored 30 points in an 88-86 loss to D1 Minnesota on Thursday afternoon.

Ohio, UMKC, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Tulsa, and Creighton are other schools that he said have been in contact. He said Ohio, UMKC, Indiana State, Western Kentucky, IUPUI and Providence are his current offers.

“I’m just going to go out and play my game,” he said.

http://blogs.indystar.com/recruitingcentral/archives/3721

Also - if you can't figure out the initials system just ring your call button and I will cover over and hit you on the head with a tack hammer because you're a retard.

Two of #SLU's top targets in 2014. RT @INBBallSource: Kelan Martin with a 17 point first half for Indiana Elite. J.P. Macura had 14

Now this is really disturbing!!!! Not only is there posting players and recruits only by their initials by us on this Board but now those outside this Board are using unknown and confusing initials on these tweets!! Which Macura is J.P.?? :D

Sorry Roy.

It's really quite simple. Chance Ellis should be first and last name because he is just a recruit at this point. If he signs, as soon as he suits up, he becomes CE. Now that Cody Ellis has graduated, we've gotten to know him so well over the years, that he just becomes Cody... no need to reference his last name. So to recap, recruit: first and last name; current player - initials; former player - first name only

Ace. While I agree with you, I do ask when "need" has ever been a criteria for posting. :) Frankly, JH (Josh Harrelson) and BA (Blake Ahearn) have had more written/posted about them than most Billiken players - still with little end in sight - and soon NB (Nolan Berry) become a member of this group of "almost" or "should've been" Billiken players.

Updated. 4 spots remain (1 2013, 3 2014) after the Roby and Gillmann commitments. As always, updates on all names are appreciated.

2014 Offer List:

Ore Arogundade: St. Viator, Arlington Heights, IL - SG: 6-3, 180. Offers: SLU, Creighton, SIUC, Murray State, Drake, Santa Clara, Loyola-Chicago, San Jose State, Wright State, Toledo, Northern Illinois, San Francisco, Utah State. Interest: DePaul, Xavier, Temple, LaSalle, Texas Tech, Wichita State, Missouri State, Oregon State. Latest (6/15): Arogundade vistied Drake and SLU. Previous: Arogundade said Murray State, St. Louis, Santa Clara, and Drake are strong right now. Texas Tech, Xavier, Temple and LaSalle are also looking. Twitter: @OreAro_23

Darius Austin: Cahokia HS, Cahokia, IL - SF: 6-6, 200. Offers: SLU, DePaul, Indiana State, SIUE, UMKC. Interest: Xavier, Indiana, Illinois, Mizzou, Michigan, Michigan State, Cincinnati, Iowa, Oregon State, Oklahoma State, Tennessee, Murray State. Latest (7/5): Austin is working with a personal trainer to recover from an ankle injury that kept him sidelined in April and May and will be playing with the Illinois Wolves for the July evaluation period. DePaul seems to be his frontrunner of those that have offered and Oregon State is recruiting the hardest from the interest list. He wants to decide before his senior year starts. Previous: Austin visited Murray State at the end of June. According to IL Prep Bullseye, Austin is their pick for a mid-late summer high-major break-out recruit. He tore it up at the DePaul Team Camp and may have been the best player in the thing. Twitter: @DariusAustin23

Larry Austin, Jr.: Lanphier, Springfield, IL - PG: 6-1, 165. Offers: SLU, Mizzou, Illinois, DePaul, Memphis, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Wake Forest, Iowa, Florida State, Mississippi State, Bradley, SMU, Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Interest: Butler, Ohio State, Tennessee, Stanford, West Virginia, Harvard. Latest (6/5): Austin says that out of all the schools on his offer list, Oklahoma State is probably the one recruiting him the hardest. Twitter: @_LarryAustin2_

Jordan Barnett: CBC, St. Louis, MO - SF: 6-7, 185. Offers: SLU, Mizzou, Butler, Purdue, Florida, Michigan State, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Iowa, Iowa State, Stanford, Harvard. Interest: UNC, SIUC. Latest (5/22): Barnett mentioned that UNC had shown interest and been in contact several times. On 5/22, UNC got a commitment from 5-star SF Theo Pinson, which may lead them to back off Barnett. Previous: SLU and St. Louis Eagles alum Larry Hughes spoke to Barnett's Eagles team after a loss in Dallas on 5/16. Twitter: @JBounce33

J.P. Macura: Lakeville North, Lakeville, MN - SG: 6-5, 185. Offers: SLU, Dayton, Butler, Xavier, Creighton, Miami, NC State, Boston College, Iowa State, Kansas State, Florida State, Drake, North Dakota, North Dakota State, Northern Colorado, Vermont, South Dakota, South Dakota State, New Mexico State, Utah State, Toledo, Wyoming, Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Nebraska-Omaha. Interest: Indiana, Wisconsin, Purdue, Iowa, Minnesota, Providence, Penn State. Latest (7/11): Macura picked up offers from Miami and NC State. Previous: Macura made an official visit to Butler and shortly thereafter was shocked by Brad Stevens' decision to leave the school, which was one of his leaders. Since then, he has been contacted by Minnesota, Miami, Purdue, and Penn State. Showing an elite three-point shooting ability, Macura has had a couple huge AAU tournaments (including the recent adidas VIP Exclusive Run) and is hitting the radar of Big Ten, Big 12, and ACC schools. He is looking for a school with a "family atmosphere." He is up to #89 in Scout's 2014 rankings. Twitter: @jpmacura

Logan McLane: Greenfield School, Wilson, NC - PF: 6-8, 210. Offers: SLU, Seton Hall, Miami-Ohio, UNC-Asheville, UNC-Greensboro, Buffalo, Winthrop, Mercer, High Point. Latest (6/19): McLane is currently recovering from a torn ACL, which is why higher-level schools have not offered, but he aims to be ready for an AAU event in July. He just visited Miami-Ohio. Previous: McLane gives some reasons why he likes his current list of offers. Twitter: @LMcLane4

Sean O’Mara: Benet Academy, Lisle, IL - C: 6-9, 240. Offers: SLU, Illinois, DePaul, Marquette, Xavier, Dayton, LaSalle, Boston College, Virginia, Iowa State, Georgia Tech, SIUC, SIUE, Loyola-Chicago, UIC, Oakland, Lehigh, Columbia, Ball State, Eastern Michigan. Interest: Michigan, Notre Dame, Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern. Latest (5/21): Considered one of the best centers in the Midwest, O'Mara is in the belly of the Big Ten and has their attention. He was dominant in an AAU Tournament in April. Offers are starting to cascade in. Twitter: @S3AN_54

Quadree Smith: Paul VI, Fairfax, VA - PF: 6-7, 290. Offers: SLU, St. Joe's, George Mason Nebraska, Tennessee, Tulsa, Kent State, Florida Gulf Coast, Florida International, Drexel, Siena, Fairfield, Rider, Radford, Quinnipiac, UNC-Greensboro, Kennesaw State. Interest: Xavier, Virginia, Albany. Latest (7/2): Smith picked up offers from SLU and Florida Gulf Coast. No, the "290" is not a typo. He's a man mountain of Bill Brasky proportions. He was not allowed to play pee wee football because of his size so he picked up hoops instead. He transferred into Paul VI at over 300 lbs, but the school has a good strength and conditioning coach working with him. He's billed as a relentless worker. He averaged 9 PPG and 13 RPG his junior season and was a key factor in a double overtime win over Oak Hill (13 and 19, with 2 free throws to seal it). Twitter: @Dont_Hate_Q

Delshon Strickland: Holy Angels, Minneapolis, MN - SG: 6-4, 180. Offers: SLU, Richmond, Rhode Island, Virginia Tech, Missouri State, Drake, Toledo, Lehigh, Vermont, North Dakota, Northern Colorado, Hampton. Interest: Butler, Gonzaga, Texas, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Iowa State, Northwestern, Florida State, Washington State, Northern Iowa, Utah State. Latest (6/28): Strickland has picked up a SLU offer, one week after receiving one from Missouri State and two weeks after Virginia Tech. Twitter: Delshon_11

Andre Walker: Bullis School, Clarksville, MD - C: 6-10, 210. Offers: SLU, VCU, Xavier, DePaul, Cincinnati, Temple, UMass, George Mason, SMU, Fairfield, Delaware. Interest: Georgetown, Indiana, Kansas, NC State, Maryland, Miami. Latest (6/6): Walker now has offers from VCU and DePaul. Previous: This guy is hard to Google. Xavier recently had a player by the same name, and there's another HS recruit with the same name. He wears rec specs. Twitter: @Andre_Walker21

Hunter Ware: North Cobb Christian, Kennesaw, GA - PG: 6-2, 165. Offers: SLU, Murray State, Cornell, Brown, Tennessee Tech, Jacksonville, Gardner-Webb, Appalachian State, Stetson, Radford, Middle Tennessee, Georgia Southern. Interest: Mizzou, Butler, Charleston, Charlotte, UAB, Nevada, Buffalo, Charleston Southern. Latest (6/19): Interesting offer list. I guess we're in early on a guy we think has more potential than shows with his current list, and I'm guessing he's also a pretty solid student with two Ivy Leage offers. He's considered one of the fastest-rising players in the state of Georgia's class of 2014. On The Radar Hoops says: "Hunter showcases a great change of speed and high basketball IQ, he constantly gets a piece of the paint and pushes the tempo off the rebound. He fills the middle and goes until he is stopped either scoring or dishing off the ball for the easy basket for his teammates." But this is my favorite profile of him. Twitter: @Hunter_Ware1

Thomas Welsh: Loyola, Los Angeles, CA - C: 7-0, 245. Offers: SLU, UCLA, Gonzaga, California, USC, Arizona State, Rice, Santa Clara, San Francisco, Pacific, Portland. Interest: Arizona, Colorado, Wake Forest, Brown, UC-Santa Barbara. Latest (7/5): Welsh picked up a UCLA offer from Steve Alford. Previous: SLU is said to be one of Welsh's early offers, which is interesting, given that he's a Southern California kid with otherwise exclusively West Coast offers. Welsh has spoken with Andy Enfield at USC quite a bit. He just recently visited Cal. He played very well at the recent Pangos All-American Camp and is now ranked #75 in Scout's 2014 rankings.

2014 Interest List:

Marcus Bartley: MacArthur, Decatur, IL - PG: 6-2, 175. Offers: Oklahoma State, SIUC, Bradley, Northwestern, Illinois State, Eastern Illinois, North Dakota State, South Dakota State, Tennessee-Martin, Southeastern Louisiana, William & Mary. Interest: SLU, Mizzou, Iowa, Georgetown, Harvard, Tennessee. Latest (5/21): Northwestern is recruiting him very hard. Oklahoma State is the biggest program to offer so far but he may be on the cusp of a few more. Twitter: @MB3_Dreamville

Aaron Brennan: Guerin Catholic, Noblesville, IN - PF: 6-6, 200. Offers: Indiana State, Loyola-Chicago, Belmont, Cornell, Columbia, Toledo, IUPUI, UNC-Greensboro. Interest, SLU, Butler, Indiana, Purdue, Michigan, Iowa, Wright State. Latest (7/11): Brennan contracted foot-in-mouth disease last June and was quarantined for the rest of that month. He had a rough AAU season the rest of last summer after returning, sluggish from lingering effects. Several Big Ten schools have shown interest but, according to Brennan, want to see if he grows more. He just made an unofficial visit to Toledo in late June and has also visited Butler, Loyola-Chicago, and Indiana State. Twitter: @Aaron_Brennan_

Brandon Cheeks: Meadowbrook, Richmond, VA - SG: 6-1, 190. Offers: None. Interest: SLU, George Mason, Delaware, Radford. Latest (7/2): Seems to be considered a lower-tier D-I recruit at this point.

Josh Cunningham: Morgan Park, Chicago, IL - SF: 6-7, 195. Offers: Mizzou, Oklahoma, Iowa, DePaul, Nebraska, South Carolina, UMass, Bradley, Northern Illinois. Interest: SLU, Illinois, Michigan State, Minnesota, Illinois State, UIC. Latest (5/21): Cunningham opened some eyes at the recent Nike EYBL in Hampton, Virginia when he filled in for an injured 5-star player. He's said to be a gamer with explosive leaping ability and a nice 3-point stroke. Twitter: @JoshMCunningham

Mory Diane: Detroit Country Day, Franklin, MI - SG: 6-3, 170. Offers: Detroit, Kent State, Indiana State, Toledo, Northern Illinois, Eastern Michigan, Central Connecticut. Interest: SLU, Xavier, Butler, DePaul, Michigan State, Iowa, Iowa State, Texas Tech, Ohio, Bowling Green, Central Michigan, IPFW, Robert Morris, Buffalo. Latest (7/2): Diane hopes to have his list down to 5 by the end of July or possibly just before school starts in late August. He expects a few more offers to come in by then. Billed as a strong perimeter and mid-range scorer, solid defender, and natural shooting guard with PG skills if necessary. Twitter: MDiane_20

Jacob Hammond: Home School United Prep, Oklahoma City, OK - C: 6-10, 240. Offers: Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Nebraska. Interest: SLU, Indiana, UCLA, Mizzou, Baylor, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Texas A&M, Wake Forest, Creighton, Wichita State, TCU, Tulsa, Loyola-Marymount, Navy. Latest (6/25): Hammond previously committed to Oklahoma but recently backed out. He reportedly played very well at the Pangos Camp. He has played his three years of HS basketball at three different schools in Oklahoma and Kansas. Twitter: @J_ham_24

Avery Johnson, Jr.: Cooper, The Woodlands, TX - PG: 5-9, 173. Interest: SLU, LaSalle, Baylor, LSU, Rutgers, Florida State, Rice, Charleston, Santa Clara, Bucknell, Columbia. Latest (7/2): LaSalle has contacted him. Previous: Johnson has visited SLU but called Baylor his leader at one point. He now says Baylor, SLU, and LSU are recruiting hardest. He has only visited Baylor and SLU so far. The son of former NBA player and coach Avery Johnson, he recently made headlines when he Tweeted taunts at the Nets after losing to the Bulls in the playoffs (his dad coached the Nets before being fired).Twitter: @itsaveryjohnson

Kelan Martin: Ballard, Louisville, KY - SF: 6-6, 210. Offers: Providence, New Mexico, Indiana State, Ohio, Western Kentucky, IUPUI, UMKC. Interest: SLU, Butler, Xavier, Creighton, Mizzou, Kentucky, Louisville, Minnesota, LSU, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Boston College, Tulsa. Latest (7/12): Martin said he's most recently heard from Southern Miss and SLU, but the school he hears from most is Butler. He doesn't have an offer from them yet but new coach Miller said he's going to continue recruiting him. He visited shortly before Stevens left. It seems like Butler is his favorite: "I like their program and I think I'm a good fit for their school." Previous: Martin has had an impressive spring on the AAU circuit and the offers are starting to roll in.

Mack Mercer: Plymouth, Plymouth, IN - PF: 6-9, 210. Offers: Boston College, Indiana State, Ball State, Kent State, Belmont, Loyola-Chicago, Rice, Vermont. Interest: SLU, Butler, Xavier, Mizzou, Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame, Clemson, Mississippi State, Northwestern. Twitter: @MackMercer

Ikenna Okwarabizie: St. Louis Christian, St. Louis, MO - C: 6-10, 240. Offers: Southern Miss, SIUE. Interest: SLU, Marquette, Oklahoma, Tennessee, LSU, Auburn, Illinois State, Rice. Latest (6/19): Okwarabizie has "serious attention" from SLU and Rutgers per @runhouse. He is visiting Illinois State. Previous: Okwarabizie is just starting to emerge this spring and picked up his first offer from Southern Miss. More will be on the way. Twitter: @iykerulez1

Jalyn Patterson: Montverde Academy, Alpharetta, GA - PG: 5-11, 170. Offers: George Mason, Minnesota, Georgia Tech, Auburn, Georgia, Georgia State. Interest: SLU, Houston, Tennessee, Florida State, South Carolina, Charleston, Tennessee Tech, Georgia Southern, Kennesaw State. Latest (5/29): Of the three schools recruiting him hardest lately, he says, “I am planning on trying to get out to St. Louis and George Mason and probably Houston,” he said. “I am still thinking about other schools and choosing which schools I would like to visit but those are three that I am definitely hoping to get to.” Twitter: @jalynpatterson

Darreon Reddick: Belleville East, Belleville, IL - PG: 6-3, 200. Offers: DePaul, Valpo, Missouri State, Detroit, Toledo, Indiana State, IUPUI. Interest: SLU, Mizzou, Butler, Michigan, Xavier, Tennessee, Iowa, SIUC. Latest (5/21): Reddick visited Valpo with C.J. Rivers and both picked up offers. Twitter: @_14Reddick

C.J. Rivers: Cahokia, Cahokia, IL - PG: 6-2, 180. Offers: SIUC, SIUE, Miami-Ohio, Valpo, Toledo, Cornell, Brown, UIC, Wright State, Northern Kentucky. Interest: SLU, Illinois, Mizzou, Xavier, Tennessee, Drake. Latest (5/22): Rivers will visit Drake on June 12. Previous: Rivers visited Valpo with Reddick and both picked up offers. Rivers has visited SLU already. Twitter: @Cj_Rivers05

Marial Shayok: Blair Academy, Blairstown, NJ - SF: 6-6, 205. Offers: Marquette, Villanova, Seton Hall, Providence, LaSalle, Cincinnati, Boston College, Minnesota, Rutgers, Kansas State, West Virginia, Texas A&M, Georgia. Interest: SLU, VCU, Dayton, Illinois, Purdue, Gonzaga. Latest (7/8): Shayok picked up a Marquette offer. Previous: In early June, Shayok listed West Virginia, Providence, Boston College, VCU, Cincinnati, and SLU as the schools recruiting him the hardest. He said Minnesota, Rutgers, Kansas State, Seton Hall, and Villanova are also in the mix. He has not decided on any visits yet and doesn't plan to do so until August. He is considered one of the most athletic wings in the class of 2014. He's from a big-time basketball family: His father played at Dayton, his sister plays at Detroit, and his brother just transferred to UMKC from Bradley. Twitter: ToOffical_11

Dmitri Thompson: Orlando Christian, Orlando, FL - SG: 6-4, 185. Offers: Purdue, Miami, Oklahoma State, Mississippi, Georgia, South Florida, Central Florida, Murray State, Georgia Southern. Interest: SLU, Georgetown, Butler, Kansas State, Virginia, Alabama. Twitter: @BigMeech_2014