Drew is Transferring

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish him luck. Who knows what the reasoning is behind it, but there is no use pointing fingers. It could have been so many different things, but the fact will remain that unless someone has a ear in the program, they're not gonna know.. I assume everyone is in agreement that we want the better team, sad, but this opens the door for it. Sit back and trust that the staff will take care of it. That's what they've done so far.

I'm glad that SLU is being cut throat. Sucks, but were evolving. Bring on RO and Abell or Jesperson. :)

I wish him luck. Who knows what the reasoning is behind it, but there is no use pointing fingers. It could have been so many different things, but the fact will remain that unless someone has a ear in the program, they're not gonna know.. I assume everyone is in agreement that we want the better team, sad, but this opens the door for it. Sit back and trust that the staff will take care of it. That's what they've done so far.

I'm glad that SLU is being cut throat. Sucks, but were evolving. Bring on RO and Abell or Jesperson. :)

+1

I should also clarify that I don't mean to necessarily point blame at anyone and I should have done a better job explaining that. I just think its a situation for the kid regardless of what exactly went on behind the scenes.

One thing I will say about Drew is that from what I heard, he was a freak athlete but he was one of (if not the worst) ball handler on the team. That doesn't fit well for a player at his position especially since he doesn't seem like he can score in the post like Dwayne.

Yeah cant imagine this sits well with the rest of the team

McBroom tweets a lot of things like that so its hard to say for sure what he is talking about. But I agree the coaching staff had better of known what it was doing if they cut him and the rest of the team is going to be pissed about it. I don't care how many other options we have for replacement players, if something like this pisses off the rest of the team it will have a net negative effect on the remaining guys.

He can also go to a Juco and play one year there, and have 3 years after at a D1 school.

True. A lot of those guys can wind up in a better position with a year at juco. Lance Stemler and Josh Harrelson style.

I should also clarify that I don't mean to necessarily point blame at anyone and I should have done a better job explaining that. I just think its a ###### situation for the kid regardless of what exactly went on behind the scenes.

Unless of course his own actions preempted the move. Maybe he had an attitude, maybe he didn't work hard at practice, maybe JC just didn't like the name Jared, or maybe it was none of the above and the kid is getting a raw deal.

Unless of course his own actions preempted the move. Maybe he had an attitude, maybe he didn't work hard at practice, maybe JC just didn't like the name Jared, or maybe it was none of the above and the kid is getting a raw deal.

+1

I don't like this and I was a big time supporter of Majerus cutting kids.

I agree. I just don't think this was necessary at this point. We've still got one unused scholly and have 5 more to give next year. If Jared was never going to play, let him figure it out next year when he rides the pine.

RM's last class turned out to be quite the disappointment.

I agree. I just don't think this was necessary at this point. We've still got one unused scholly and have 5 more to give next year. If Jared was never going to play, let him figure it out next year when he rides the pine.

RM's last class turned out to be quite the disappointment.

But it might not have been had he still been coach.

Not directed at you, but it seems silly to speculate why he's leaving when there could be 50 reasons and none is any more likely than the other.

The problem we all have is that we are not attending practice and we do not know what has been happening. For my two cents, I always thought he had a bit of a devil may care attitude--nice enough guy but with very little intensity. He would gun up long three pointers in warm ups constantly or he would dunk but not much else. Combine that with the fact that he is a tweener--a big guard who is not a ball handler or a small forward without any bulk--he may have looked at our recruits and the returning players and decided that he would not get any playing time next year. Over the past few years this team has developed a very intense personality and maybe he just did not fit in. There is nothing wrong with that and no one is to blame-- it is just a fact. Over the past few weeks there have been many, many kids announcing they were transferring for a variety of reasons. I think it is safe to say that we all wish him well. I am confused about the NCAA rules that are being cited because I always thought that the year sitting out would provide him with an opportunity to play next year regardless of whether it was at SLU or at another school. Are we positive that he would have to sit out another year?

I'm hearing this happened because the coaching staff thought they were going to land one of the transfers and Wiggins.

Ridiculous that they would drop a potential 4 year guy in favor of a guy that would be here a year. How silly. Especially for a guy who doesn't like to recruit.

The problem we all have is that we are not attending practice and we do not know what has been happening. For my two cents, I always thought he had a bit of a devil may care attitude--nice enough guy but with very little intensity. He would gun up long three pointers in warm ups constantly or he would dunk but not much else. Combine that with the fact that he is a tweener--a big guard who is not a ball handler or a small forward without any bulk--he may have looked at our recruits and the returning players and decided that he would not get any playing time next year. Over the past few years this team has developed a very intense personality and maybe he just did not fit in. There is nothing wrong with that and no one is to blame-- it is just a fact. Over the past few weeks there have been many, many kids announcing they were transferring for a variety of reasons. I think it is safe to say that we all wish him well. I am confused about the NCAA rules that are being cited because I always thought that the year sitting out would provide him with an opportunity to play next year regardless of whether it was at SLU or at another school. Are we positive that he would have to sit out another year?

First you can tell what a recruit's personality is based on the fact that he tweeted religious things now you can garner that Drew has a bad attitude because he shoots 3s and dunks during warm-ups?

You're quite the judge of character.

What would it matter if he threw up threes or dunks? He wasn't warming up to play..

What would it matter if he threw up threes or dunks? He wasn't warming up to play..

First you can tell what a recruit's personality is based on the fact that he tweeted religious things now you can garner that Drew has a bad attitude because he shoots 3s and dunks during warm-ups?

You're quite the judge of character.

I never said anything about any tweets--where did that come from? I have always believed that your warm up habits are indicative of the players approach to basketball overall. Maybe I am wrong about that.

+1. You know he read the board and knew we liked dunks. In fact he knew that if he didn't impress us with his dunks we'd want him gone. So ... he did what he believed was right, he dunked. JC is a white guy from Indiana. Hell Larry Bird rarely dunked if ever. Fact is it's this boards fault he left. In fact to narrow it down, it was Vtime who initially tickled our fancy with dunks. It's Vtime's fault Drew is leaving