Drew is Transferring

First you can tell what a recruit's personality is based on the fact that he tweeted religious things now you can garner that Drew has a bad attitude because he shoots 3s and dunks during warm-ups?

You're quite the judge of character.

You're confusing him with The Old Guy who has personal insight on every recruit in the country. He PM'ed me the other day with info on what Strawberry had for breakfast, which ironically was Frankenberry cereal, 2 peices of toast, one with blackberry jam and the other with boysenberry jam. He didn't eat any strawberries because that of course would be canabalism. He's aware that we like werewolves, not cannibals.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know anything about the rules but it is possible that Drew could appeal to the NCAA for immediate eligibility at a new school. He could say he went to SLU for Majerus and that it never really worked out.

i dont know of a single situation where that has happened.

drew will lose a year of eligibility and have to sit another year if he goes to a D1 school. I would bet he is headed to a lower division school or an naia school. i cant imagine sitting two years in a row if you really want to play basketball.

I feel for the kid, but the reality is that this type of thing happens all the time with Division I basketball.

I'm really shocked that some of the same people who want SLU to be a big time program and were upset with the Crews hire are now upset with this development.

I hope/expect that the coaching staff will work hard to help Drew find a new school that is a better fit for him basketball-wise and he goes on to have a successful career. However, I really don't have a problem with the staff deciding that the kid isn't ever going to play and giving him his release if they have better options who will come in and contribute.

Well, this certainly changes things a bit. With two scholarships, I am now ok with Randy as sort of a developmental guy for one of the spots. I also wouldn't mind taking in two quality transfers, in fact I still prefer that. There are still a bunch of good available transfers. VCU recently picked up a good one from Florida State.

With Crawford coming in, maybe Drew didn't see a lot of minutes in his future.

That may be. However Crews reportedly said the other day that Crawford was 6'3". Suddenly I'm not so sure we will be using him at the 3 spot.

what an awful video. i actually got a baby blue "hick from french lick" t-shirt the other day. haven't worn it yet, but i haven't needed to be super dirty lately, either. soon enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y300SqnSxtw

That doesn't change the fact that white guys from Indiana don't like dunks. Granted they put up with them and the really tall ones will do one once in a while so the black guys will hang with them, but deep inside they really just don't like dunks. I still say it's Vtime's fault Drew is leaving

attack, this drew happening really opens it up to sign jolly imo.

Oh boy by golly...here comes Jolly!

start printing the jerseys now!!!!

Here's to hoping JC gets his jolly

the only way i want him is if he's so horrible it's laughable or he's actually good. in which case, his texas ass is getting called

Jolly-Rancher_150-x-119-px-website1.png

however, it's all moot, as it sounds like he's going to be stuck in that wash basin in the backyard until he gotdamn dies.

I never said anything about any tweets--where did that come from? I have always believed that your warm up habits are indicative of the players approach to basketball overall. Maybe I am wrong about that.

Apologies for confusing you with that other dude.

But it might not have been had he still been coach.

Not directed at you, but it seems silly to speculate why he's leaving when there could be 50 reasons and none is any more likely than the other.

Skip,

I know with virtual certainty that this was not a mutual decision. What I don't know for sure is exactly why he was let go. The most likely reason reason is that we need his scholly but I suppose other factors could be in play.

Regardless of why, they should have done it the day after the season ends, not after school gets out which limits the opportunities he would have to transfer elsewhere.

Skip,

I know with virtual certainty that this was not a mutual decision. What I don't know for sure is exactly why he was let go. The most likely reason reason is that we need his scholly but I suppose other factors could be in play.

Regardless of why, they should have done it the day after the season ends, not after school gets out which limits the opportunities he would have to transfer elsewhere.

And what if he stops going to class and hurts our APR? It's a situation but it is what it is. He was going to struggle to get playing time in the next few years. Limited handles and no shot.

If it is true that Drew is transferring, that may be the best thing for him IF he really wasn't going to get any time playing. If I was playing or my son was playing, I would certainly prefer to be told that the likelihood of getting playing time, after having been observed for one year in practice, is very low rather than find out the hard way. What happened to Lancona was very different.

Now, if Drew was told by RM that we were going to build the program around him or that he would start as a freshman or something along those lines, then that is clearly inappropriate. If not, it's just the reality of a team trying to procure the best players to put on the floor.

I think this actually suggests that we may be in on more really good players in this signing period and that those opportunities are likely to move the team to the position we all want it to be in. This may even be why some recruits have been waiting to announce. Who knows for sure???

For some reason was pretty excited to see Drew play. Hope he gets himself into a good situation.

Weren't we just heckling Wazzu for a similar situation with recruits?

The difference is that Lancona never got on campus. Washington State reneged on its promise. Drew got his scholarship offer fulfilled. Another difference, I believe, is that there was a coaching change here at SLU, but none at Washington St.

The difference is that Lancona never got on campus. Washington State reneged on its promise. Drew got his scholarship offer fulfilled. Another difference, I believe, is that there was a coaching change here at SLU, but none at Washington St.

+1

Washington St also didn't redshirt him, robbing him a year of precious playing time.

By letting him go, he WILL GET precious playing time on another team. By keeping him on a team where he will not be getting much if any playing time, SLU WOULD be robbing him of precious playing time. Is it really that difficult to comprehend?