Nice Touch by SLU

As a parent to 3, I can't imagine going through what Josh's parents are going through right now. I am proud of our team and program for bringing some excitement and joy to this child and his folks in his last year with us.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This news crushed me last night. His story made me feel more connected to this past season's team than any other I didn't personally work with. It was impossible not to tear up at every story involving him, and now this. Man, I'm going to miss him.

How sad. From one of the most heart warming stories of the year, to one of the most heart breaking. My wife and usually get there very early for games and it was so inspirational to see young Josh interacting with the players. A courageous young man that touched all our lives. It's tough to type this through my tears. God bless you, Josh and your family.

this is awful. no child deserves that. as i fought a stomach bug for only 24 hours last week, i thought, "you need to man up, what about people w/ cancer?" this CHILD dealt w/ so much worse for YEARS, and was still so lively in spite of it. RIP, josh. condolences to his family.

this is awful. no child deserves that. as i fought a stomach bug for only 24 hours last week, i thought, "you need to man up, what about people w/ cancer?" this CHILD dealt w/ so much worse for YEARS, and was still so lively in spite of it. RIP, josh. condolences to his family.

And the real rub here is jimbo expressed some real deep thought sentiments without one vulgar word.

Jake Barnett was especially close to the young man, I believe. Folks need to keep an eye on him to support him, too, at this time.

mhg

JB and JB. I could see why... the idea of the JOSH banner at Chaifetz would be very touching, or a ribbon on the jersey, perhaps. May God bless his family and friends during this time of mourning.

The notice of Josh's death affected me greatly, thinking about what his parents went through. When a son, a really nice little kid, has that kind of a disease, the parents go through hell inside for a long time. There is nothing more difficult than trying to make your kid happy and trying to get him to enjoy things, nothing harder than keeping a smile and sharing his happiness with him as he goes through cancer therapy. Meanwhile deep inside, the parents slowly die with doubts and fears and hopes and all kinds of things that cannot be said to him and cannot be shown to him. I am proud of what the Bills did for this kid and for his family. My hat is off to the parents, I am sorry that nothing else can be done, and I wish I could be of help, but I cannot. I understand what the parents went through and wanted to let them know that their pain served a great purpose, that of making Josh's short life as good as they possibly could. He is in a better place now. Amen.

The notice of Josh's death affected me greatly, thinking about what his parents went through. When a son, a really nice little kid, has that kind of a disease, the parents go through hell inside for a long time. There is nothing more difficult than trying to make your kid happy and trying to get him to enjoy things, nothing harder than keeping a smile and sharing his happiness with him as he goes through cancer therapy. Meanwhile deep inside, the parents slowly die with doubts and fears and hopes and all kinds of things that cannot be said to him and cannot be shown to him. I am proud of what the Bills did for this kid and for his family. My hat is off to the parents, I am sorry that nothing else can be done, and I wish I could be of help, but I cannot. I understand what the parents went through and wanted to let them know that their pain served a great purpose, that of making Josh's short life as good as they possibly could. He is in a better place now. Amen.

That's really nice, man. You can see in parents, in a position such as they were in, that all extravagance leaves them. They are just pure souls, trying to hold on to and nurture what is dearest to them. I'm sure they were truly blessed to have had Josh for the short time that they did, and I hope that any small gestures that the SLU community was able to offer them gave them back some of the extravagance they so greatly deserved. Nobody deserves what happened to them, and especially, to Josh, and anyone who doesn't appreciate the beauty and fragility of this life is doing themselves and that whole family a disservice. Be good to each other. Take care, Brown family.

Well said, sir. Can't even imagine the pain. There's basketball and being rabid and passionate fans, but at the end of the day, just knowing that the Browns now have a room in their house that once was home to a young boy that held on with every ounce of energy in his body... I can't even think about basketball right now. May the Lord bless Josh and his family and all of those who were close to him, especially Jake Barnett. We may all move on, but let us not forget his spirit.

Our players are getting some tough life lessons this year. First, Megan, then Coach and now Josh. By the way, the players were Josh's pall bearers this morning.

f'ing A. not trying to cry at my gotdamn desk today. i'm sure that meant a lot to his parents.