Recruiting - 2013

Costco for scotch? Really?

Back to the topic at hand.......not really I know nothing of our recruiting.......

I will say this though...Just got back from the skyview drivin in Belleville and their new digital projection and sound equipment are amazing. You've got to see it to believe it. The quality is better than some indoor screens.......

Did they do both screens?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Jesperson has chosen Northern Iowa over USC.

He verballed to Jacobsen on his visit there, but wanted to take his other visits because he didn't take them all originally out of HS.

It's now safe to scrap this weekend for Achraf Yacoubou's Pitt visit. Seems very doubtful to happen now

Looks like Yacoubou won't be visiting Pitt and subsequent Tweets from the same guy indicate Pitt & Yacoubou are parting ways. Good news?

<p>

Matthew Steinbrink@MattSteinbrink1h

It's now safe to scrap this weekend for Achraf Yacoubou's Pitt visit. Seems very doubtful to happen now

Details

Looks like Yacoubou won't be visiting Pitt and subsequent Tweets from the same guy indicate Pitt & Yacoubou are parting ways. Good news?

Can't be bad news. It would be nice to pick up one more!

Now it is between Georgia Tech and SLU. Does anyone know if he made any comments about either of his visits to us or GT?

We said it earlier...I like being matched up against Brian Gregory. Get Pitt and their revolving door out of the way.

Eary reports have Reggie Agbeko playing very well in SLU open gyms. Staff sees him as a 4/3 this yr with shift to 3/4 in out yrs

This report about Reggie is encouraging, but I'll take it with a big grain of salt because this guy is basically his promoter. As a freshman on a senior laden team, anyway Reggie contributes next year is a bonus.

Costco for scotch? Really?

Back to the topic at hand.......not really I know nothing of our recruiting.......

I will say this though...Just got back from the skyview drivin in Belleville and their new digital projection and sound equipment are amazing. You've got to see it to believe it. The quality is better than some indoor screens.......

Costco for Scotch, inexpensive and very good, really. Give it a try.

Daishon Knight is being talked up on Murray State and SLU is being shown as school he has interst in or from.

When you google him you get the below but I also see mention Ill state may have him?

Daishon Knight Talks Season, Recruiting

Category: Recruiting News Published on Thursday, 07 February 2013 15:42 Written by Cavan Walsh

Odessa College (TX) star Daishon Knight is an electric backcourt talent who averages nearly 18 points per game. We caught up with Knight to get an update on his season as well as where he stands in terms of recruiting.

Talk about how the season is going at the moment?

Well the season is going great and very exciting. We took some early loses at the beginning of the year and ended up getting moved out the rankings, then we slowly started to come together and gel.

At first our team chemistry wasn't together and we were out of sync, but after Christmas break everything seems to have gotten better.

We came out of break like a family and we started to gel and come together more as a team.

We started our conference 4-0 then we took a tough loss to Howard but that didn't stop us from still going hard. I can tell the next day of practice that our team had gotten better because we came in the next day ready to work and we practice hard and competed aganst each other like we are supposed to do. We finished the first half conference at 6-2 losing to Howard and New Mexico.

As the season has progressed how has the team progressed?

In practice Coach Arnold stresses the importance of defense and he has instilled that in us. That's the main key to winning a championship. When we come to practice its like one big family, but its still one big business.

Coach Arnold keeps us in line but still knows how to interact with us. When we are going over the scouting report he actually gets in his gear and will practice with us. I think everything is going well all of the players are focused and you can tell because every player is in the gym twice a day for extra workouts. As a team we are looking to win a regional championship and advance to the national tournament.

Break down your game and what you do well?

I am a slasher I can play point guard and shooting guard. I tend to score the ball at will with my jump shot, on-the-dribble pull-ups, transition, or ball screen action. I was taught to see nobody on the court but my team so when I'm out there I feel like no one is guarding me.

Talk about how the recruiting process is going at the moment?

I'm dealing with St. Louis, Illinois State, Creighton, Colorado State, and Ive talked to Baylor, Texas State and Murray State as well. Im just taking my time and taking everything in stride.

When it comes time to make a decision what are you looking for in a school?

I'm keeping it simple. Im not trying to complicate the process. Im looking for two things, playing time and my major kinesiology.

What are your expectations for the remainder of the season?

We expect to finish out the season 8-0 the last games we have before the regional tourney. We have to win we don't care if its a ugly win or a pretty win. If we get the win that is that all matters.

In the world of Cody ellis news there is this:

The Perth Wildcats are pursuing former #SLU forward @codyellis24. He graduates in December. http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/basketball/perth-wildcats-have-son-of-a-gun-cody-ellis-on-their-radar/story-fnhq5xcn-1226650443567?from=public_rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

And this:

Ben Weixlmann @BWeixScout 25 May

Congrats to @codyellis24 and @lala_0807 on the birth of their baby boy.

Both things Per Weixlmann

The Perth Wildcats are pursuing former #SLU forward @codyellis24. He graduates in December. http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/basketball/perth-wildcats-have-son-of-a-gun-cody-ellis-on-their-radar/story-fnhq5xcn-1226650443567?from=public_rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

And this:

There could be an entire thread just with stuff on Ellis

And this:

Thanks for posting this. Article says Cody is 203 cm tall. I wonder if that's measured the Rickma way? I always thought he looked about 207.

More kids need to brag on social media - we're starving for information here. Should we even recruit players that don't use social media to inform an adoring public about every aspect of their daily happenings and potential college choices?

Neymar to Barcelona. I really thought we had a chance.