So about the Rob Loe confidence?

SLU_Nick

I loved how he kept lowering his shoulder and forcing his way in. He looks a lot more situationally aware of where his body is and how to use it. He had some interior defensive plays where he just got his hands up and blocked the ball with the back of his hand. Love the aggression

When he decides he is going to bang down low for some buckets and his 3 balls are falling he is something else to watch.

He has had some great games this year, along with a few stinkers but when he is on the Bills can beat any team in the country.

I think he will battle for first team A-10 (or some other conference) next year.

Not to knock him, but you'd sure like to see him take it a little stronger to the hoop... like JAM IT! Again no complaints whatsoever. He's playing great especially after the way he started the season. In like a lamb out like a friggin' Lion.

I am still waiting to see my favorite player JJ get to do an Alley Oop Jam! I mean with a 42" vertical that seems like a Slam Dunk to me.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Schasz" data-cid="339904" data-time="1359863350"><p>

I am still waiting to see my favorite player JJ get to do an Alley Oop Jam! I mean with a 42" vertical that seems like a Slam Dunk to me.</p></blockquote>

He has had two of the most exciting misses in basketball this year.

The missed one handed alley oop from Mccall a few games back and his missed left hansed baseline attemot against Butler.

If he makes either one of those the roof would of been blown of the fetz.

Rob Loe is weak. Seriously, get a clue. He's soft, he's always been soft...watch him linger at the three point line and do nothing in the lane while Jett and Glaze pick up the slack for his lack of rebounding. Weak.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jimmy two times" data-cid="339982" data-time="1359874788"><p>

Rob Loe is weak. Seriously, get a clue. He's soft, he's always been soft...watch him linger at the three point line and do nothing in the lane while Jett and Glaze pick up the slack for his lack of rebounding. Weak.</p></blockquote>

Get the papers, Jimmy. You're finished.

Rob Loe has clearly learned to #riseandgrind

Rob Loe is weak. Seriously, get a clue. He's soft, he's always been soft...watch him linger at the three point line and do nothing in the lane while Jett and Glaze pick up the slack for his lack of rebounding. Weak.

It's always nice to see someone who is strong enough to stick to their guns regardless of the facts saying otherwise.

Rob Loe is certainly no beast inside or a great rebounder, but he's showing the ability to post up and score more. I wouldn't call him weak.

Speaking on Jett and an ally oop ... I don't think that's going to happen as the announcers during the last game said he was good despite not being athletic and not being able to jump. He was strong though

It's always nice to see someone who is strong enough to stick to their guns regardless of the facts saying otherwise.

Rob Loe is certainly no beast inside or a great rebounder, but he's showing the ability to post up and score more. I wouldn't call him weak.

Look, he's played better of late and there have been a couple of games that he has been really good and I should give him credit for that...but he continues to frustrate me with a complete lack of inside presence.

If you are telling me the facts say otherwise, maybe I tell you back that subjectively, he's 6-11, stands at the three point line, doesn't establish position down low, doesn't take it strong to the basket and has no defensive presence at all. He had 17 points yesterday, but come on, he missed his first three 3's, then he hits three in a row when we're up by a thousand.

Objectively, he shoots .302% from three and "grabs" 3.2 rebounds per game. I have a right to call him soft. He is, and it is frustrating.

Look, he's played better of late and there have been a couple of games that he has been really good and I should give him credit for that...but he continues to frustrate me with a complete lack of inside presence.

If you are telling me the facts say otherwise, maybe I tell you back that subjectively, he's 6-11, stands at the three point line, doesn't establish position down low, doesn't take it strong to the basket and has no defensive presence at all. He had 17 points yesterday, but come on, he missed his first three 3's, then he hits three in a row when we're up by a thousand.

Objectively, he shoots .302% from three and "grabs" 3.2 rebounds per game. I have a right to call him soft. He is, and it is frustrating.

-what are your expectations for RL for this season?

-what are your expectations for RL for this season?

I was hoping there would finally be less emphasis on the three point shooting and more work done over the summer bulking up, developing a post game and protecting the basket (never blocks shots or rebounds and his per minute numbers on both are pathetic).

He still takes half his shots from three point range and here's the thing - he is NOT a good three point shooter. Especially by college standards. It would be one thing if he shot in the low to mid 40's from three and refused to go post up, but when you shoot 30% and have never shot better than 35%, it gets old.

I love his quick 3 point release.. Sort of a poor man's steve novak

Seriously? Novak is shooting .447 from three this year. Last year he shot a ridiculous .478, which led the NBA (another key difference).

Loe is shooting .302 from three this year. Last year, .351, the year prior, .337.

Loe is looking a lot better.

His inside play against Butler was impressive in the first half, what I had always hoped. He was hard nosed, posted up, was a threat, made their "D" respect him.

I would rather he posted up and scored 8-12 points there than hit mostly outside 3's and score 16-18 pts.

IMO it balances us out... DE slashing to the hoop, the guards hitting shots, driving, etc. Need that inside force.

He needs to focus even more on this, could really change our chemistry, take us to an even higher level.

Loe is looking a lot better.

His inside play against Butler was impressive in the first half, what I had always hoped. He was hard nosed, posted up, was a threat, made their "D" respect him.

I would rather he posted up and scored 8-12 points there than hit mostly outside 3's and score 16-18 pts.

IMO it balances us out... DE slashing to the hoop, the guards hitting shots, driving, etc. Need that inside force.

He needs to focus even more on this, could really change our chemistry, take us to an even higher level.

Agreed and well said.

Loe brings a lot of space to the floor.

I am neither a Loe fan nor a prominent detractor. He has underachieved so far but he also has come up huge in some big games. Regardless of what side you fall on, you should notice that when he is on the floor we have great spacing.