So about the Rob Loe confidence?

SLU_Nick

I was hoping there would finally be less emphasis on the three point shooting and more work done over the summer bulking up, developing a post game and protecting the basket (never blocks shots or rebounds and his per minute numbers on both are pathetic).

He still takes half his shots from three point range and here's the thing - he is NOT a good three point shooter. Especially by college standards. It would be one thing if he shot in the low to mid 40's from three and refused to go post up, but when you shoot 30% and have never shot better than 35%, it gets old.

-I am not saying RL is the second coming or anything like that and I understand that some folks don't like a player for whatever reason but I'll give you my thoughts on RL

-his weakness is his play in the post, which imo has gotten better, and it seems you want him there more or not in the game

-you wanted to see more improvement, so did I, I think his legs need significant training, he falls too much which I attribute to lack of strength and coordination, but he is banging more down low than before imo

-I do not consider RL a '5', I consider him more a '3' playing some '5'

-according to statsheet.com the avg 3pt% in college basketball the last 3 years, 34.3%,34.2% and 33.7% this year, if you consider his % versus the average and say he is not a good 3pt shooter you are a tough judge

-in the last 10 years we have had 4 players lead the team with a 3pt% over 40%, I agree we need better shooters but comparing him to 40% shooters at SLU in the last 10 years is comparing to a beast we don't see near enough