Someone on the Mizzou Board is claiming Tim Fuller will be gone next season...

The NCAA violated their own rules in the investigation and now they have put it on hold until the sort out what they did wrong. Who knows if anything will now ever come of it. Haith may have dodged a bullet.
The NCAA violated their own rules in the investigation and now they have put it on hold until the sort out what they did wrong. Who knows if anything will now ever come of it. Haith may have dodged a bullet.

I've heard multiple people who work in and near NCAA headquarters in Indy say that there are some very big changes coming in the investigative dept at the NCAA. At first I heard that the changes would be announced tomorrow but have now been told they will be handed down further into the future. Mark Emmert, NCAA president, was extremely upset over the violations of the NCAA investigative group.He was supposedly screaming at his underlings how hypocritical it was for the NCAA to act in this way. My info comes through people I know at the IHSAA and NFHS who hear about things from their counterparts at the NCAA.

I've heard multiple people who work in and near NCAA headquarters in Indy say that there are some very big changes coming in the investigative dept at the NCAA. At first I heard that the changes would be announced tomorrow but have now been told they will be handed down further into the future. Mark Emmert, NCAA president, was extremely upset over the violations of the NCAA investigative group.He was supposedly screaming at his underlings how hypocritical it was for the NCAA to act in this way. My info comes through people I know at the IHSAA and NFHS who hear about things from their counterparts at the NCAA.

Are they currently investigating what changes need to occur in the investigative department? Is this a preliminary investigation or a full investigation?

My guess would be some lawyers from the NFHS, some independent lawyers from Florida and some lawyers from Bose, McKinney & Evans, an Indy law firm that has done independent work for the NCAA before.

What the NCAA needs is a guy with common sense and who is honest. Let that guy make all rulings and descions

People arent stupid(for the most part) so when krap happens we know they fouck up the ruling90% of.the time.

When a problem arises that dude will use his brain to make a smart chocie on what actions/punishment will be taken.

This guy knows you dont punish a team for a coach comforting a player after the death of his father.

This guy knows you the APR has flaws and somethings need to be taken case by case.

The problem is that the "common sense" guy would probably be more common sensy when it comes to Duke or Kentucky. The "common sense" guy would likely not give two craps about burning the Billikens since Ashley Judd isn't running for congress from St. Louis. Granted the NCAA is flawed now......

I just don't understand the fascination some people have for this guy. He is not a good fit at SLU.We wasn't involved with Haith's shenanigans, but still, Mizzou is recruiting a bunch of cast-offs with baggage from other programs - the guy who had a physical confrontaion with his coach at Pepperdine, the guy who stole stuff from his juco coach, etc. This is not a good fit at SLU. We don't need a "recruiter", we need a basketball coach. If we are in the Big East we can do a LOT better than this.

I just don't understand the fascination some people have for this guy. He is not a good fit at SLU.We wasn't involved with Haith's shenanigans, but still, Mizzou is recruiting a bunch of cast-offs with baggage from other programs - the guy who had a physical confrontaion with his coach at Pepperdine, the guy who stole stuff from his juco coach, etc. This is not a good fit at SLU. We don't need a "recruiter", we need a basketball coach. If we are in the Big East we can do a LOT better than this.

amen. Thanks Ace.

My opinion on Fuller as a candidate for the SLU job has changed. I am no longer as high on him. I am not sure the big time recruiting guy is what we need. We need to recognize what we are as a program and what we want to be. We will never out recruit the big boys for talent. What we need is a program that targets high quality coachable kids to be coached up by a staff that can coach them up. Smart players that will do the little things that make a team better. Play a system that they will excel in. We land some top 50-100 players every once in a while....... great, but that shouldn't be our focus. We will never land the number of recruits and get enough of them to stay eligible to compete with the big boys the big time recruiting way.

I just keep looking back at what happened at SIUC. They lost what made them a good program as Lowery tried to land higher valued recruits. Even Weber lost focus of what made his system work at Illinois.

haith was responsible for criswell, ross and bell. ross and bell are hot heads, players coaches should not ever want on their team. On the other hand fuller recruited from this past year jankovic and webster-chan both great kids, and also a HELL of a class including a hand full under rated 4 stars. I dont want haith. I want fuller

My opinion on Fuller as a candidate for the SLU job has changed. I am no longer as high on him. I am not sure the big time recruiting guy is what we need. We need to recognize what we are as a program and what we want to be. We will never out recruit the big boys for talent. What we need is a program that targets high quality coachable kids to be coached up by a staff that can coach them up. Smart players that will do the little things that make a team better. Play a system that they will excel in. We land some top 50-100 players every once in a while....... great, but that shouldn't be our focus. We will never land the number of recruits and get enough of them to stay eligible to compete with the big boys the big time recruiting way.I just keep looking back at what happened at SIUC. They lost what made them a good program as Lowery tried to land higher valued recruits. Even Weber lost focus of what made his system work at Illinois.

I think this is a really good point. The schools similar to us that have had success generally have succeeded because they are recruiting the kids that fit their system. When you reach a certain level of success, then you can expect to land a higher level of a recruit on a regular basis.

We've also seen quite a few of the great recruiting assistants get head coaching jobs, and they turn out to be deficient as a floor coach. Names like Quin Snyder and Brian Gregory come to mind.

It would take a lot of courage for a relatively new AD, who works for an autocratic university president and whose biggest booster is very visible and I would guess involved, to hire an unproven assistant for the highest profile job on campus. If it doesn't work, that is an extinction level event for said AD. And that is exactly what an assistant is, an unproven commodity. All coaches say it is different when the ultimate decision is yours. A lot of assistants work but a lot don't. Look at the Dayton board after Saturday to see how fans are reacting to an unproven commodity. We absolutely cannot take a step backwards here. Tim Fuller might be a great hire, but we can do better. We are of a caliber right now to demand a successful head coach as our next coach. Rick Majerus proved that and also proved you can win at SLU. Let's dream bigger than an assistant from any school particularly Mizzou.