Rammer Let Go?

b.hayes

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-if true would this impact his doing Bills games? I am guessing not as during those times he is a SLU employee but not sure

-hope for Rammer's sake, and SLU's, this is not true but I don't think Ben posts this unless he has a solid source

Heard Rammer let go at 101 ESPN. Hope it's not true. Class act who should be scooped up quickly.

Tough luck for Rammer. 101 ESPN already gave him the shaft when they moved him off of the afternoon drive show to the later time slot. Weixlmann is right that he is class act because you did not hear a peep out of him about being moved despite the show being the top rated afternoon drive show.

Rammer got moved back for that imbecile Chris Duncan. 101 with another brilliant decision.

They could only make it better by hiring Kevin Slaten. /sarcasm.

I think Rammer got a raw deal, but I actually don't mind Duncan. His voice sounds like he should be an idiot, but he can be pretty knowledgeable about baseball and he brings a lot of insight into the Cardinals. Doesn't offer much of anything as far as other sports go. But this is a baseball town, so it makes sense to have a baseball guy on the most popular sports talk show. He is much better than Brad Thompson who has been filling in for him since he has been on leave due to the brain tumor and surgery.

D'Marco Farr seems like a very nice person, but I really can't stand him. He is the real imbecile on that show.

Rammer got moved back for that imbecile Chris Duncan. 101 with another brilliant decision.They could only make it better by hiring Kevin Slaten. /sarcasm.[

Chris Duncan gives great baseball insight. They should have moved randy karraker out. If randy has to stay they should gave the morning show to rammer and get rid of zack whatever his name is. Between karraker and Zach I must change the channel when they speak

-if true would this impact his doing Bills games? I am guessing not as during those times he is a SLU employee but not sure

I'm pretty confident you are right. In his capacity as the Bills play-by-play voice he should be a University employee, not a station employee. He's broadcasted game on stations he wasn't working at before.

It would mean less SLU talk during the day on 101 though.

It would be too bad. I really enjoyed his show with Stully despite the crummy time slot.

It is hard to compete with Frank C but I'd listen to Rammer over Zach M anyday.

Rammer is probably going to TV with a new Billiken show covering all sports- track, volleyball, soccer, baseball,

Since we will be getting a more upbeat media, darling head coach for MBB

I pretty much stopped listening to The Fastlane the moment they moved Rammer out for Duncan. I agree that Duncan can give decent baseball insight, but the rest of his sports knowledge is zilch. It was obvious that he was reading off of a sports-reference.com or Wikipedia page whenever he discussed a specific player or team, especially non-baseball related. Rammer provided a balance to the show, whereas Duncan was brought in to be the next 'star', which led to him being an antagonist as well as trying to infuse his special brand of 'humor', which basically revolves around 'brewskeez' and 'man sodas'.

I have to wonder if 590 reached out to Rammer and offered him Slaten's old spot. I think they were running a syndicated show since they got rid of Slaten in November. Considering that Rammer is a known commodity in the St. Louis area and was abviously unhappy with the situation at 101 (though he never made it public) I would think both parties would jump at the opportunity.

I suspect Rammer will end up at 590 and probably will get on their drive-time show (which is currently un-listenable with Balzer and Jack Clark). While it will suck to not be on FM anymore at least his schedule will be more reasonable than it currently is. Working evenings every day has to get old quick, especially with your kids in school and likely playing sports, etc.

I guess I have the opposite opinion on Rammer as most of you. I love him doing Billiken games. However, I can't stand him on talk radio. His I'm more objective than everyone else stance on every subject drives me nuts. Especially, when he generally isn't, he just feels that because it's his opinion, it's correct and more objective. I love Chris Duncan, don't mind DeMarco and am indifferent on Randy K.

I'm pretty confident you are right. In his capacity as the Bills play-by-play voice he should be a University employee, not a station employee. He's broadcasted game on stations he wasn't working at before.

It would mean less SLU talk during the day on 101 though.

It would be too bad. I really enjoyed his show with Stully despite the crummy time slot.

It is hard to compete with Frank C but I'd listen to Rammer over Zach M anyday.

Not only is Dave Snell on WMBD 1470 in Peoria the long-time voice of the Bradley Braves, he is also an employee of the University (alumni relations/development - basically a "consulting" gig). Anyway, it is possible that Rammer has some sort of situation worked out with SLU or could have one in place.

i long ago quit listening to ramsey on talk radio. he goes out of his way to try to be neutral. if he wont go all out billiken, he is what he is, another unprepared sports bar talker. most of us could fill that role. i love him on the billiken games though. i simply cannot imagine anyone doing better and being more entertaining on the broadcasts of the games.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="slufanskip" data-cid="335092" data-time="1357658136"><p>

I guess I have the opposite opinion on Rammer as most of you. I love him doing Billiken games. However, I can't stand him on talk radio. His I'm more objective than everyone else stance on every subject drives me nuts. Especially, when he generally isn't, he just feels that because it's his opinion, it's correct and more objective. I love Chris Duncan, don't mind DeMarco and am indifferent on Randy K.</p></blockquote>

The period last year after they moved Rammer out and during Randy's illness really showed how far D'Marco and Duncan have to go. Without a point guard The Fast Lane was absolutely terrible.

I guess I have the opposite opinion on Rammer as most of you. I love him doing Billiken games. However, I can't stand him on talk radio. His I'm more objective than everyone else stance on every subject drives me nuts. Especially, when he generally isn't, he just feels that because it's his opinion, it's correct and more objective. I love Chris Duncan, don't mind DeMarco and am indifferent on Randy K.
Agreed on Rammer.

D'marco not so much. Knows football, but nothing else.

Because there was some question about whether this was true earlier in the thread and it doesn't seem to have been addressed, I think we can confirm that 101 espn has let Rammer go. His show "Rammer & Stully" is now only listed as "The Stully Show" on their website. Also his blog on the website is no longer up.

101 ESPN Website

My guess is he is headed to 590. He has been on their shows a few times over the past couple weeks. Maybe the plan is for him to go the Mike Kelly route and have Rammer work full time for the school appearing on every station when they want ot talk SLU or college basketball. That would be optimal for SLU. He would no longer have to be objective and talk about other programs.

Agreed on Rammer.

D'marco not so much. Knows football, but nothing else.

I agree on DeMarco which is why I'm indifferent. Appreciate his football perspective, but ignore him regarding everything else.

Also, Tom Casey was let go along with Rammer the other day.

Makes sense because Casey was the hockey guy and I believe they added Jeremy Rutherford.

101 ESPN is essentially turning into the St. Louis Post Dispatch radio station. Bernie M. has one of their biggest shows and all of their "insiders" are/were PD beat writers Strauss (Cardinals), Goold (Cardinals), Rutherford (Blues), and Jim Thomas (Rams). If Burwell hadn't been so awful on radio, he would likely still have his show as well.

Tom Timmerman should probably approach some of his PD pals about getting a weekly Bills show during the season, if he wants to supplement his income.

The PD is really the only game in town to go for proven sports "experts," but it would be nice if 101 developed some of their own "talent."

I don't think SLU's contract with 101.1 has anything to do with Rammer and there should be no issues with him working his day job at 590 or 550 or wherever else while still doing games on 101.1 for the Bills. Earl Austin doesn't work for 101.1 so why should Rammer have to?