More Board Meltdown

Tonka

Colorado St was in the NCAA tourney last year and most likely will be as good if not better this season, as they returned some really good players and also added Colton Iverson, a very good big man. Losing to them, even at home, is nothing to be ashamed of.

They've got Eustachy power.

I'm not trying to argue that RL is a good low post defender or that manning doesn't have the potential to be. Last night manning fouled the guy literally every time he touched the ball. He would've fould out in 10 min. I guess what I'm saying is I think he got about the right amount of minutes last night

I'm not trying to argue that RL is a good low post defender or that manning doesn't have the potential to be. Last night manning fouled the guy literally every time he touched the ball. He would've fould out in 10 min. I guess what I'm saying is I think he got about the right amount of minutes last night

I totally agree with this and I think Manning actually did foul him every time last night. I don't understand why some are saying there were phantom calls. His problem is he never keeps his arms straight up. He is always leaning over or into the player. He is going to get called every time he does that. If he just stands there straight up, he'll be fine but he has never done that when I have watched him. I do think he could/will be a better defender than Loe, who has been terrible as well, but he isn't there yet by any means.

I am not shooting expert but Loe's 3 Pt shot just looks bad this year. It looks rushed and off balance.

I was listening to Rammer tonight and his biggest concerns with this team is defense. He went in to talk about how Billiken teams are known for defense and this year we have been flat out bad. I agree with that totally. We keep talking about a lot of our offensive woes, but they seem worse when our defense is so bad.

He also said he thinks Jett must have visited Lourdes or something because he is 90% already from that groin strain and groin issues tend to linger. If he is in fact 90% already that is good news.

Carter was dressed for the game in Washington. I am sure they had no intention of playing him in Washington but that is good news that he is dressing out. I bet he starts making a return either on Sunday or next Wednesday.

This may be a stressful year, but it's Billiken basketball and that is expected. We'll be fine.

Carter was dressed for the game in Washington. I am sure they had no intention of playing him in Washington but that is good news that he is dressing out. I bet he starts making a return either on Sunday or next Wednesday.

I find it entirely possible that KC was healthy enough to play last night and Crews just forgot about him.

I find it entirely possible that KC was healthy enough to play last night and Crews just forgot about him.

Most likely.

It is not "melting down" to say that the billikens have been playing bad basketball. We won by a nice margin vs. Upstate, but I never once thought we were blowing them away. I left that game feeling lucky to have won by 19, because it would look nice to outsiders. The Santa Clara game speaks for itself. Worst game I've ever watched at Chaifetz. Painful. A&M game, yea, that was nice. A much needed comeback, and we looked like we could give KU a game. We showed a ton of grit, got screwed on some calls, but in the end we were just over-matched. Played our best ball in those 2 CBE games. The Carbondale game was ugly. Heard many compare them to a D2 team, and they played us bucket for bucket over the last 35 minutes. It was not hard to see the Washington result coming.

Injuries have killed us. And the way Crews has rotated (or, not rotated) our guys has been more than frustrating. No reason to have faith in him. Getting KM back will be huge.. our best player, runs the offense, takes the big shots, etc. etc., and I would say that when we are 100%, we can compete with anyone in the A-10... but it would be a shame to underestimate the Majerus-Crews difference again so soon. Night and day. The losses have sucked because we are realizing just how much he mattered (and to a lesser extent KM). I thought we would have an even better team next year.. now I'm too scared to think past this Sunday. We live and die by the 3. DE is busting his ass trying to keep us in every game, he's been outstanding. Should be fun to see him and KM together. MM & JJ will also benefit a ton. There is a ton of hope.

Not melting down. We are just average without KM, and with Crews. Can we compile a list of things he has done that we agree with/like? Would be nice to see.

Most likely.

It is not "melting down" to say that the billikens have been playing bad basketball. We won by a nice margin vs. Upstate, but I never once thought we were blowing them away. I left that game feeling lucky to have won by 19, because it would look nice to outsiders. The Santa Clara game speaks for itself. Worst game I've ever watched at Chaifetz. Painful. A&M game, yea, that was nice. A much needed comeback, and we looked like we could give KU a game. We showed a ton of grit, got screwed on some calls, but in the end we were just over-matched. Played our best ball in those 2 CBE games. The Carbondale game was ugly. Heard many compare them to a D2 team, and they played us bucket for bucket over the last 35 minutes. It was not hard to see the Washington result coming.

Injuries have killed us. And the way Crews has rotated (or, not rotated) our guys has been more than frustrating. No reason to have faith in him. Getting KM back will be huge.. our best player, runs the offense, takes the big shots, etc. etc., and I would say that when we are 100%, we can compete with anyone in the A-10... but it would be a shame to underestimate the Majerus-Crews difference again so soon. Night and day. The losses have sucked because we are realizing just how much he mattered (and to a lesser extent KM). I thought we would have an even better team next year.. now I'm too scared to think past this Sunday. We live and die by the 3. DE is busting his ass trying to keep us in every game, he's been outstanding. Should be fun to see him and KM together. MM & JJ will also benefit a ton. There is a ton of hope.

Not melting down. We are just average without KM, and with Crews. Can we compile a list of things he has done that we agree with/like? Would be nice to see.

I feel like the past few games Dwayne has been trying to do too much in the absence of Mitchell and its leading to bad fouls and bad turnovers. I have no doubt he will play a lot better

I am not in the camp that says the season is over. We are still in decent shape at this point. Given our situation we have had a stumble but no major damage to this point. Our 3 losses are to KU (A+) ...UW (B+)...SC (B-). Yes, even SC which was an average team to start has moved up (thanks to the win against us)

We are still a B+ team, even with the 3 losses. We could easily win the next 6 games and then have the return of KM. A win over a tough NM team (Bills by 2 at this point) would give us a lot of momemtum going into the A-10.

As they say....It's not over till it's over.

Yo kshoe .... at this point, the team is trending down so projections would turn that way as well. A projection in late October for a 12 and 2 OOC record now is not good (especially with three losses, eh?). Games now coming up against Valpo and a ranked New Mexico team are not the locks first thought of. Folks are even passing accolades about North Texas. That would be three more losses making a projection of 8 and 6 feasible.

I am still not in meltdown mode as this thread suggests. My big issue, which still remains, was replacing Conklin -- both on the floor and in the lockerroom. Now add in Majerus. Add in Mitchell. And complicate it with injuries to Remekun, Jett, Glaze and Carter. And short of Santa Clara, we haven't been blown out of anything. As noted by 05, our string of just pure bad luck continues. But the injured get healthy and the conference season will matter so to panic is absurd. I always thought you got 4 points for the "home" advantage and the Wiz hasus by 5 over Valpo. That's not too good.

The return of the walking wounded will be a breath of fresh air but if they return and guys are still playing bad defense, guys are still trying to do to much individually, guys are not running the offense crisply enough, guys aren't calling the proper timeouts and so on, Mitchell and company will be no saviors. Heck, losing Glaze and Carter might not mean anything more than them losing developmental minutes. Neither was anything really important to this team's success if you figure they were players listed between 9 and11 on the bench. Other than blow time for a starter and getting a feel for the college game, not much more could be expected despite those wanting Glaze to be the answer or part of the answer to the Conklin loss.

I'll give you Santa Clara, but UDub had previously lost to Albany and Colorado St. AT HOME.

Boy, just when I had almost justified and come to grips w/ the UW loss, TajMahal 79 drops this pearl. We're 3-3 and we've got to beat Valpo and UNM at home. They are must win games.

How about winning all the remaining home games and losing no more than 2 away from the 'Fetz. That would make me feel a lot better about that smishsmortion of a november.