Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

hopefully they are clearing the way for fresh gear 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

i want that mi$$ouri gold and black SLU tshirt.......not.   whomever ordered that for the store should immediately be fired.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i want that mi$$ouri gold and black SLU tshirt.......not.   whomever ordered that for the store should immediately be fired.

I believe that is gold and navy blue but regardless it's still bad.  I want to say in the late 90s or early 2000s there were a few Billikens shirts that were gold and blue but more of a royal blue, not navy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, StlBills said:

I believe that is gold and navy blue but regardless it's still bad.  I want to say in the late 90s or early 2000s there were a few Billikens shirts that were gold and blue but more of a royal blue, not navy.

could wear it to BLUES games 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StlBills said:

I believe that is gold and navy blue but regardless it's still bad.  I want to say in the late 90s or early 2000s there were a few Billikens shirts that were gold and blue but more of a royal blue, not navy.

You beat me to it.  It's gold with dark blue, not Missouri's "old gold" and black.

I understand that the target market may want to have their school name and logo on clothing of other colors, but I think the vast majority of gear should be in the school's colors.

Link to post
Share on other sites

anything SLU wear should be  basically billiken blue.   no other color should ever dominate any billikenwear.   from a distance that horrible shirt will look far more mi$$ouri or michigan like than anyone could ever think was anything to do with the billikens.   

and dont get me started with neon colors or pink or red, etc.   ridiculous  show some sense of Saint Louis university loyalty bookstore and/or chaifetz store.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that the alternate colors besides blue (aside from a base color of white, black, or gray) are tacky, but these are available for pretty much every team in every sport. I guess there's just a market for tacky off-colors.

I also think it's tacky when teams wear such alternate colors on the field, like pink or camo or whatever. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's all for causes and awareness and whatnot, but it's always so ugly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2018 at 3:48 PM, billiken_roy said:

anything SLU wear should be  basically billiken blue.   no other color should ever dominate any billikenwear.   from a distance that horrible shirt will look far more mi$$ouri or michigan like than anyone could ever think was anything to do with the billikens.   

and dont get me started with neon colors or pink or red, etc.   ridiculous  show some sense of Saint Louis university loyalty bookstore and/or chaifetz store.

Better not knock pink, Broy. Krafty and what's her name will suspend you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If it was predominantly billiken blue with only white trim I would.  Our program colors do not include black.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

The club is setting up a link to order them for those that are interested, Ill post it when its made.  There are some leftover from the initial bulk order of jerseys from the season, and then depending on interest would we are looking to put in another order.

The black ones are the teams third jerseys.  The primary ones are posted below for reference, but were from a different company.  Were in the process of switching to getting new primaries from the company that printed the thirds for next year, so not sure when any more of them can be made. 

IMG_1994.PNG

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 11.54.23 PM.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BillikenHockey said:

The club is setting up a link to order them for those that are interested, Ill post it when its made.  There are some leftover from the initial bulk order of jerseys from the season, and then depending on interest would we are looking to put in another order.

The black ones are the teams third jerseys.  The primary ones are posted below for reference, but were from a different company.  Were in the process of switching to getting new primaries from the company that printed the thirds for next year, so not sure when any more of them can be made. 

IMG_1994.PNG

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 11.54.23 PM.png

That black jersey is awesome but these blue jerseys are probably the best looking hockey sweaters I’ve seen. The color pops in the same way the blues winter classics did 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...