Kwamain Broken Foot

slufan13

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Billikan- I completely agree with u. This is a big loss but no billiken team has ever had this kind of experience in the bench. The fall off might not be as big as some expect.

Billikan- did carter look ready to step in as a starter? If so then well definitely be fine because I can't imagine how good he must be to play ahead of Jett and mccall

I think it would premature to suggest that Carter can start ahead of MM and JJ but he looks like the kind of player who can blossom and be a significant contributor by year end. He looks like he eventually can be a big strong point guard who can really control a game and be an effective defender.

I think it would premature to suggest that Carter can start ahead of MM and JJ but he looks like the kind of player who can blossom and be a significant contributor by year end. He looks like he eventually can be a big strong point guard who can really control a game and be an effective defender.

KC has the offensive skill set to play and contribute right away. You can tell that within minutes of watching him. What is yet to be seen is what kind of defense he can play. It's usually a bigger jump for high school players to make - defense at the D1 level and particularly with the way the Billikens play D. The other thing is that he needs to learn the offensive system.

MM did very well playing from day one in his freshman year, but the bar has been raised and this is a better team.

KC has the offensive skill set to play and contribute right away. You can tell that within minutes of watching him. What is yet to be seen is what kind of defense he can play. It's usually a bigger jump for high school players to make - defense at the D1 level and particularly with the way the Billikens play D. The other thing is that he needs to learn the offensive system.

MM did very well playing from day one in his freshman year, but the bar has been raised and this is a better team.

One thing I really like about Carter's background is that he played in a lot of big games for a high profile program against really good competition. Hopefully that experience will help him quickly grasp what it takes to compete at the D1 level.

-it will be interesting, at least to me, to see what the distribution of minutes for the guards is in KM's absence, i suspect there are 30 minutes to be had by someone or much more likely in my mind a combination of players

-i hope MM or someone has the confidence to do it, but one area that seemed mostly KM's domain was taking the last shot or the shot to stop a run and he used going to the basket or shooting a 3 in those times

-KM, i hope you have a complete and swift recovery that leads to an awesome season for the games where you are able to play

So curses don't exist but luck does. Interesting concept 05. I already knew luck existed but the belief was shaped by the fact he plays QB for the Colts .... or that it resides only with Golden Domers in northern Indiana.

It was just bad luck that Hughes was a one-and-done. It was just bad luck that Hughes' supporting cast was extremely dependent on him andcrumbled when he left. It was just bad luck that Spoon quit over ice cream cones. It was just bad luck that Romar couldn't get West Coast recruits and bolted for alma mater u. It was just bad luck that Sodie couldn't land nary an AAU Eagle. It was just bad luck that Sodie recruited DIII caliber talent. It was just bad luck that TL III didn't play up to his potential. It was just bad luck that Ellis' arrival was delayed by the NCAA clearinghouse. It was just bad luck that Biondi reneged on his "Top 50 program" promise. It was just bad luck that the "situation" occurred when it did. It was just bad luck when Jensen/Harriman bolted when they did. It was just bad luck that Majerus' condition flared up and he is focusing (as should) on life issues. And now its just bad luck that Mitchell breaks his foot when the arguable "best season ever" in Billiken history is on the brink.

I could have gone back further but kshoe and others told me to stop that. But luck is the explanation, I'm with you.

Again, for the record, I think we can be fine. As stated ... deep guards, experienced guards, supposed top guard recruit coming in, senior leadership, almost all returning (still an undetermined void in the middle), and relatively weak OOC schedule. The games some noted as key are right on. Basketball is a game played with the legs. I expect Mitchell's eventual return to start slowly as his legs will be the item most out of shape from this stroke of bad luck. The OCC was going to be a development of the interior in my book and we will still need to do that. RL. MM. GG. CR. The injury will allow more answers to the question can KC/JB play as well as thought. But to compete in this year's A10, we need a first team POY candidate back for that.

As for coach and "borrowed time," really? Interesting. My thought was RM would run up the biggest year ever in Billiken history and then thumb his nose at Biondi for Biondi's decommitment and walk out, legend as savior of programs and HOFer all the more entrenched. I guess just another example of just bad luck.

Going to be interesting, putting all curses and luck aside. I know it is a setback, but not impossible.

So curses don't exist but luck does. Interesting concept 05. I already knew luck existed but the belief was shaped by the fact he plays QB for the Colts .... or that it resides only with Golden Domers in northern Indiana.

It was just bad luck that Hughes was a one-and-done. It was just bad luck that Hughes' supporting cast was extremely dependent on him andcrumbled when he left. It was just bad luck that Spoon quit over ice cream cones. It was just bad luck that Romar couldn't get West Coast recruits and bolted for alma mater u. It was just bad luck that Sodie couldn't land nary an AAU Eagle. It was just bad luck that Sodie recruited DIII caliber talent. It was just bad luck that TL III didn't play up to his potential. It was just bad luck that Ellis' arrival was delayed by the NCAA clearinghouse. It was just bad luck that Biondi reneged on his "Top 50 program" promise. It was just bad luck that the "situation" occurred when it did. It was just bad luck when Jensen/Harriman bolted when they did. It was just bad luck that Majerus' condition flared up and he is focusing (as should) on life issues. And now its just bad luck that Mitchell breaks his foot when the arguable "best season ever" in Billiken history is on the brink.

I could have gone back further but kshoe and others told me to stop that. But luck is the explanation, I'm with you.

Again, for the record, I think we can be fine. As stated ... deep guards, experienced guards, supposed top guard recruit coming in, senior leadership, almost all returning (still an undetermined void in the middle), and relatively weak OOC schedule. The games some noted as key are right on. Basketball is a game played with the legs. I expect Mitchell's eventual return to start slowly as his legs will be the item most out of shape from this stroke of bad luck. The OCC was going to be a development of the interior in my book and we will still need to do that. RL. MM. GG. CR. The injury will allow more answers to the question can KC/JB play as well as thought. But to compete in this year's A10, we need a first team POY candidate back for that.

As for coach and "borrowed time," really? Interesting. My thought was RM would run up the biggest year ever in Billiken history and then thumb his nose at Biondi for Biondi's decommitment and walk out, legend as savior of programs and HOFer all the more entrenched. I guess just another example of just bad luck.

Going to be interesting, putting all curses and luck aside. I know it is a setback, but not impossible.

Wow, Taj just blasted 05. Ouch.

Posted Image

Without KM and Majerus, we need someone to do a "Willie" fresh-to-soph or "Conk" Jr-to-Sr, a big time step up / jump up two levels improvement, until we get KM back at 100%, then we will have something. Optimal if it is a front liner who becomes a force inside.

And Crews has to keep the Majerus plan and execution in place and the kids on the right track... motivated, rally around the adversity.

It is possible... get us into NCAA's and Sweet 16. Possible.

Anyone have an update on KM? Any student with an update on him? This thread began a week ago (October 15th).

Assuming no surgery and it "just" a fracture somewhere in the ankle/foot.

Earlier in this thread, there was a question if this is the same injury from Bonner League? Any know?

Earlier in this thread, someone mentioned that Timmerman suggested he may be out until the first of the year? If it really is "only" a 5 to 6 week injury, then 4 to 5 more weeks means he's back practicing around Thanksgiving which would sure be better than the 1st of the year!!

The question is, whats up with this " Good news for SLU fans, stay tuned." tweets I saw.

He rubbed his foot on Billiken's belly, and it was healed miraculously. Praise be to Billy Billiken, Taj 79's curse is no more! Can I get an Amen to that brothers and sisters of Billiken Nation?

we need someone to do a "Willie" fresh-to-soph or "Conk" Jr-to-Sr, a big time step up / jump up two levels improvement

DIS DUDE GON DO IT. WHEN I THINK ABOUT DWAYNE EVANS, I THINK ABOUT THAT FUOKING X. DOUBLE DOUBLES ALL GOTDAMN DAY. SHAFT.

Posted Image

The question is, whats up with this " Good news for SLU fans, stay tuned." tweets I saw.

-there was to be an announcement on the full tv package today, i have not seen anything to this point, perhaps that

-or may be that season tix have been mailed!!!!! :P

JASE BANDELOW@JASEBANDELOW Pleasant announcement for #Billikens basketball fans later today.#staytuned Don't know who he is, but he works for FSN Midwest.

my prediction.......foxsports to pick up all the home games for tv. (which sucks since i'll be at those games and really couldnt care less if they get tv attention.) any road games that will be televised remain on cbs hd college sports in the morning on tape delay, channel 6,003 but you must have a continental cable system to be able to get that channel.

my prediction.......foxsports to pick up all the home games for tv. (which sucks since i'll be at those games and really couldnt care less if they get tv attention.) any road games that will be televised remain on cbs hd college sports in the morning on tape delay, channel 6,003 but you must have a continental cable system to be able to get that channel.

While you may not care, if all the homes games were picked up by FoxSports that would awesome.

But I love the optimism! <_<

-according to last season's schedule there were 18 games on tv, various outlets, not including A10 or ncaa tourney games, so we have 3 more this season

-3 conf games not on tv this season versus 5 last season

-good for SLU, generate interest and hopefully revenue

-i wonder if there is no hockey and our ratings are good if FSM will pickup more games to fill programming, if the times are right for them