Harriman

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand, this is legit. You have to feel that Miles was able to get Harriman a bigger salary as an assistant than he was getting here.

I asked in another thread what Majerus thought of Harriman and didn't get any takers. Got to think that Harriman didn't get the impression that he was going to be the next head coach of SLU and decided to move on. Sucks.

Not good news but hardly "devastating." RM will hire someone else and we'll move along without him just fine. Assistant coaches gone and go all the time at other good programs and they don't miss a beat.

Devastating from the perspective that most agreed this was a real up and comer....but SLU was unable to retain him.

Strange happenings. I do suppose it is good that we have assistants moving up to higher level jobs, although I question if Nebraska is actually a higher level.

It all depends on salary and position. If he is moving up the ladder in salary and in position on the staff then that is usually the way that assistants advance in their careers.

Strange happenings. I do suppose it is good that we have assistants moving up to higher level jobs, although I question if Nebraska is actually a higher level.

Say what you want about their basketball success but it is a B1G Program and that is something that SLU can't touch. I'm reading between the lines but whatever concessions (if any) RM got after his flirtation with SMU they weren't enough to give the assistants what they wanted (or deserved).

I think it speaks highly of what RM is building here that other coaches want to bring our assistants into the fold so that a little Majerus magic may rub off on them.

Sure we'll be OK, but we could have been better.

Its frustrating when the overall cheapskate attitude of Biondi towards the atheltics department continues to disrupt the continuity of our program and recruiting efforts. This next class is critical and right now players are getting an idea of who they want to be seriously recruited by. Crews isn't recruiting, RM isn't doing the trench work so now we are left with only Whitesell out there. Just great.