-Missouri State dropped us after this year. RM not happy about it

-Talked about trying to get all kinds of home and homes but no one will play us

-Not happy about being asked a question about Cody. Stressed defense

-Says he honestly doesn't know anything about the WR and KM situation

-Missouri State dropped us after this year. RM not happy about it

-Talked about trying to get all kinds of home and homes but no one will play us

-Not happy about being asked a question about Cody. Stressed defense

-Says he honestly doesn't know anything about the WR and KM situation

details on the cody question and response?

It will be interesting to hear his thoughts regarding Willie and Kwamain. You know thats the first question they are going to ask him.

Not like the Interview yesterday with Chris May on 590 on The Sports Edge. All the questions were about the Duke game and nothing about KM and WR.

details on the cody question and response?

Something like, "Do you think you and Cody are on the same page now?" RM said something like, "I don't why it's been reported that we're not on the same page or anything." rambled on about people reporting stuff. Usual RM answers, something about how he wishes he could bench people more often. wants jordair and mccall to have "positive turnovers." was really confusing about it all. he wasn't happy about that question.

wasn't happy about the WR question either. says just because it's a story doesn't mean it has to be reported.

very upset about the missouri state thing. wasn't in a good mood at all.

said it was the first time he's ever scheduled a game with no game in return. (in regards to Duke)

Nothing much more to add - but is there any wonder that he is grumpy. I do agree that at some point he has to not be so defensive. By the way, I could see how he took offense to the question about Cody. I know Rammer did not mean it the way it came out but how he phrased it was not very good.

It's pretty obvious that Rickma has it in for Rammer; I've felt that way since he came here and my thoughts were reinforced with the Majerus show debacle last year. Rammer has been nothing but gracious and never says anything bad about RM, but he still treats other radio stations way better than he treats 101. He is a strange dude, and maybe he senses that the peeps hold Bob in higher esteem than they hold him.

The Missouri State news sucks. Especially considering we dropped SIUC this year to get everything worked out between homes and aways for the schools.

It's hard to believe RM could be so naive as to how the media and fans for that matter act. The media and fans expect certain levels of information. How can he be taken back when Rammer asks a question about CE? He just sat CE an entire game and of course people want to know more. Okay, so it's his defense. But, is that all we get? We're fans, we're curious - we want to know more. I understand certain things are private, but RM picks and chooses what he thinks should be private. He says things at Billiken Club meetings that people can't believe he would say and then gets slightly offended when a very normal questions or two are asked. He is certainly a piece of work.

It's pretty obvious that Rickma has it in for Rammer; I've felt that way since he came here and my thoughts were reinforced with the Majerus show debacle last year. Rammer has been nothing but gracious and never says anything bad about RM, but he still treats other radio stations way better than he treats 101. He is a strange dude, and maybe he senses that the peeps hold Bob in higher esteem than they hold him.

From day one RM never hit it off with Rammer. I recall listening to the weekly coaches show Rick's first year and you could tell the chemistry was tense. Came to a head last year when Rick did not show. Maybe its best they team RM with Bernie for the weekly show in January. Those two get along. Also, Rick probably knows, making a enemy of Rammer is nothing compared to making a enemy of Bernie. Ask Fr Bondi :lol:

Also that stinks about MSU. Bradley would be a nice replacement.

The Missouri State news sucks. Especially considering we dropped SIUC this year to get everything worked out between homes and aways for the schools.

I want Creighton on the schedule. If one of the concerns before was too many MVC schools, that concern is out the window. Creighton recruits in STL and has a sizable alumni base here (including myself). Gotta believe this could happen if coach pursued it (maybe with an assist from Father Biondi). Why again did Rick turn down a home and home with Butler last year? Just insane.

Its stange that RM doesnt seem to get along with Rammer.

Does he not know that out of all the media in STL that Ramsey cares the most about SLU basketball?

I would think that RM would want to get along with Rammer considring he is the most postive Billiken voice on the air.

he seems to love Cussamano and he seems to have a decent relationship with Bernie, I guess he sees Frank's show as a food source and Bernie show as the biggest platform to get his opinion out

I want Creighton on the schedule. If one of the concerns before was too many MVC schools, that concern is out the window. Creighton recruits in STL and has a sizable alumni base here (including myself). Gotta believe this could happen if coach pursued it (maybe with an assist from Father Biondi). Why again did Rick turn down a home and home with Butler last year? Just insane.

Agree, Creighton would be great. Just don't go with a a Ill State or Evansville. I did not know we turned down Butler. A real dummy move.

I am not sure that he has anything personally against Rammer. Honestly, when the question was asked I could not tell who asked it - RK or BR. I only figured it was Rammer when he asked a follow up question to try to explain that he did not mean it that way. RM was testy for most of the interview with all 3 of them.

Whole lot to respond to in this thread.

1) It would be nice if SLU used Porter to do all the local interviews and RM to do the national stuff. RM just isn't good with the local media besides Bernie and Porter has the succient coach speak that most of us want to hear. Majerus' stories simply get old to those of us that hear them all the time.

2) The Missouri St. thing is perplexing. Hopefully RM is just wrong or jumping the gun or its just a one year thing where the schedule doesn't work. I can't imagine MSU wanting to drop us.

- we are located in a city with a lot of their alums

- we give them a fair home and home against similar level competition

- they recruit St. Louis

- they generally win the games

Honestly, what else does a team look for in a home and home series then those four things? If this is true and they are dropping us, then they get the big F U from Kshoe.

3) In all of the A-10 debates I think most of us have always assumed we could go to the MVC if worst came to worst. Given our coaches claims over the summer that we tried scheduling as many as 3 other MVC teams home and home with no luck, you have to wonder if these schoools even find us an attractive addition to the league? I always assumed they did, but you never know.

Whole lot to respond to in this thread.

1) It would be nice if SLU used Porter to do all the local interviews and RM to do the national stuff. RM just isn't good with the local media besides Bernie and Porter has the succient coach speak that most of us want to hear. Majerus' stories simply get old to those of us that hear them all the time.

2) The Missouri St. thing is perplexing. Hopefully RM is just wrong or jumping the gun or its just a one year thing where the schedule doesn't work. I can't imagine MSU wanting to drop us.

- we are located in a city with a lot of their alums

- we give them a fair home and home against similar level competition

- they recruit St. Louis

- they generally win the games

Honestly, what else does a team look for in a home and home series then those four things? If this is true and they are dropping us, then they get the big F U from Kshoe.

3) In all of the A-10 debates I think most of us have always assumed we could go to the MVC if worst came to worst. Given our coaches claims over the summer that we tried scheduling as many as 3 other MVC teams home and home with no luck, you have to wonder if these schoools even find us an attractive addition to the league? I always assumed they did, but you never know.

Coach Majerus insinuated that Missouri State didn't want to lose. Looking ahead to the schools' respective rosters over the next couple of years, MSU figured there was a good chance they'd drop a couple of games to the Billikens if they renewed the series.

As a Bear fan I am not happy about this news either as I enjoy playing good teams in the region where I can easily make the trip. The only thing I can think of is we have too many away games next year. Right now in the non-con we play @ Nevada, New Mexico, UALR, Arkansas St and then in a tournament in Vegas for 3-4 games. Only home games I know of right now are OK State and Tulsa. I really hope it is just a 1 yr thing.