What happened

bauman

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For someone with the board name of 'Scoop', I'd think that I should be asking you for information.

Now, if you look back at my posts from yesterday...I say that we'll get an announcment soon and probably today..but who knows. That 'who knows' is so ppl like you dont jump all over and ask how I know or why I say that.

I also go on to say that its a semester...but who knows. Again, that 'who knows' is so ppl like you dont jump all over and ask how I know or why I say that.

If I'm wrong...call me stupid. But 'who knows'. I will refrain from adding more info so you dont get your panties in a bunch.

Who knows.

Easy big fella. Just asked a question.

For someone with the board name of 'Scoop', I'd think that I should be asking you for information.

Now, if you look back at my posts from yesterday...I say that we'll get an announcment soon and probably today..but who knows. That 'who knows' is so ppl like you dont jump all over and ask how I know or why I say that.

I also go on to say that its a semester...but who knows. Again, that 'who knows' is so ppl like you dont jump all over and ask how I know or why I say that.

If I'm wrong...call me stupid. But 'who knows'. I will refrain from adding more info so you dont get your panties in a bunch.

Who knows.

Easy there Backhand, we all trust your credibility.

If Backhand is right - a semester would be as good short of none. Any player would be then ready to play as soon as the semester ends so all they would miss would be something in the 9 game area and we could still play better than 500 ball during that period. We have a point guard ready to play in KC and even CS for that matter. CR and Brian can play the center position in a pinch. This does not even factor in any contributions from the 3 new players. I am still thinking nothing will happen but I don't want to be naive either. As far as hurting out tourney chances - not necessarily so, if we come out 6 and 3 which is not impossible, we would still be OK given that we would get the players back for the Mexico trip and we would be in a position to do very well in conference play. We also could make some big noise in the conf tourney.

Only the Shadow knows... does anyone on here know this Shadow guy?

-i don't think anyone on this board KNOWS anything about this subject, myself included, i believe it is all speculation or second hand or worse "information"

-not sure what use this thread has except a place for people to post their speculation or second hand or worse "information", which if that is what folks want to do, fire away but for anyone to look here for real information i really doubt you will find it

-i don't think anyone on this board KNOWS anything about this subject, myself included, i believe it is all speculation or second hand or worse "information"

-not sure what use this thread has except a place for people to post their speculation or second hand or worse "information", which if that is what folks want to do, fire away but for anyone to look here for real information i really doubt you will find it

not true.

If Backhand is right - a semester would be as good short of none. Any player would be then ready to play as soon as the semester ends so all they would miss would be something in the 9 game area and we could still play better than 500 ball during that period. We have a point guard ready to play in KC and even CS for that matter. CR and Brian can play the center position in a pinch. This does not even factor in any contributions from the 3 new players. I am still thinking nothing will happen but I don't want to be naive either. As far as hurting out tourney chances - not necessarily so, if we come out 6 and 3 which is not impossible, we would still be OK given that we would get the players back for the Mexico trip and we would be in a position to do very well in conference play. We also could make some big noise in the conf tourney.

If, the suspensions were for one semester, and I have no clue if there is any truth to the speculation, it wouldn't be that bad for the basketball program. It all depends on when the 1st semester officially ends, but for arguments sake lets say it was Dec 14. The players would only miss 7 games and 4 of them should be won no matter who is eligible (sorry IUPUI, we should beat you). Georgia at home and at Portland St. would certainly be a lot tougher but if you got a split there and include the loss at Duke, we'd be 5-2. Not exactly the type of record that forces people to start the "only way we'll make the dance is to win the A-10 tourney" type talk.

Of course, if someone said the suspensions were effective until the day 2nd semester classes started in January, it would be a different story.

If, the suspensions were for one semester, and I have no clue if there is any truth to the speculation, it wouldn't be that bad for the basketball program. It all depends on when the 1st semester officially ends, but for arguments sake lets say it was Dec 14. The players would only miss 7 games and 4 of them should be won no matter who is eligible (sorry IUPUI, we should beat you). Georgia at home and at Portland St. would certainly be a lot tougher but if you got a split there and include the loss at Duke, we'd be 5-2. Not exactly the type of record that forces people to start the "only way we'll make the dance is to win the A-10 tourney" type talk.

Yeah if this is true you are right. I didnt realize that the first semester ended Dec. 14. We could easily survive that. Just dont know who would score for us. I looked it up and the first semester does indeed end Dec. 14.

Yeah if this is true you are right. I didnt realize that the first semester ended Dec. 14. We could easily survive that. Just dont know who would score for us. I looked it up and the first semester does indeed end Dec. 14.

I think with all this talk we seem to forget about Cody. He could step up big for us.

I think with all this talk we seem to forget about Cody. He could step up big for us.

Also, lets not forget how good KM was for us as a FR PG. Didn't RM say MM was as good as KM at the same point in their careers. Based on all the "pre-this incident" discussions I also think we thought that CR would be a big contributor at the #5. Throw in RL, DE and JJ along with improvements from all (most) returning players and I think we could survive the early schedule pretty well w/o one or two players for the first month or two.

If these two players are out for 10 or more games we will overachieve to play 600 ball.

I think we can still make the tourney, but where I would be disappointed is the missing of the Duke game. We finally get a national TV game with maybe the biggest name in college hoops and we'll probably come out with the B squad. No way we put up a fight for that one without the big guy.

Also, lets not forget how good KM was for us as a FR PG. Didn't RM say MM was as good as KM at the same point in their careers. Based on all the "pre-this incident" discussions I also think we thought that CR would be a big contributor at the #5. Throw in RL, DE and JJ along with improvements from all (most) returning players and I think we could survive the early schedule pretty well w/o one or two players for the first month or two.

I find it amazing that RM allready has potential replacements in house prior to any dession. they may not be at the same level but still give the team a chance to excell if things go badly and a deep bench if thinks go the right way.

Good planning? Inside knowledge? All bases covered on something over which you have no control?

Just curious what others think.

One semester would be tough but we could handle it. If they are eligible to play on December 14th, I could definitely see us escaping with a 5-2 record. MM and JJ can definitely fill in nicely and it would also allow for them to get some playing time and get up to speed with the college game. Same thing with RL down low.

I find it amazing that RM allready has potential replacements in house prior to any dession. they may not be at the same level but still give the team a chance to excell if things go badly and a deep bench if thinks go the right way.

Good planning? Inside knowledge? All bases covered on something over which you have no control?

Just curious what others think.

I think it's a smart coach who is out recruiting each and every year.

I think it's a smart coach who is out recruiting each and every year.

Where did the supsension for first semester come into play? Is this something someone heard, made up, or simply hoping for? A shame this whole business. Figured the topics by now would all be bb related, not that this isn't, and excitement about all the love we're getting from the hoops prognosticators. Dang hard being a Bills fan.

[/quote

Where did the supsension for first semester come into play? Is this something someone heard, made up, or simply hoping for? A shame this whole business. Figured the topics by now would all be bb related, not that this isn't, and excitement about all the love we're getting from the hoops prognosticators. Dang hard being a Bills fan.

Probably a little of all 3.

It's just funny that we may actually make a tournament of substance this year and all that anyone talks about is sexual allegations against members on the team.

This will linger all year. Every visiting arena, these guys will hear it all. The distractions it cause could be disastrous either way.

It's just funny that we may actually make a tournament of substance this year and all that anyone talks about is sexual allegations against members on the team.

This will linger all year. Every visiting arena, these guys will hear it all. The distractions it cause could be disastrous either way.

so just to be clear, who are you upset with about this?

so just to be clear, who are you upset with about this?

Right now, I'm upset with the school that a decision has not been passed down. Upset at the players for not using better judgement goes w/o saying but let's put it to bed one way or the other.