What happened

bauman

put me in the camp that no news is good news for the basketball program and nothing will happen. i believe any official comment will only involve bad news towards the players of concern.

if there is not going to be any discipline handed out, there will be no comment and the season will go on as if nothing happened.

so for those wanting that to happen we got about two more days to wait for nothing. once they blow the start of practice whistle imo they are home free.

+1

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

put me in the camp that no news is good news for the basketball program and nothing will happen. i believe any official comment will only involve bad news towards the players of concern.

if there is not going to be any discipline handed out, there will be no comment and the season will go on as if nothing happened.

so for those wanting that to happen we got about two more days to wait for nothing. once they blow the start of practice whistle imo they are home free.

Yeah but what im thinking will happen is that the whistle will blow at practice and we will be 2 players short with no announcement. That would just make the situation worse. If we are 2 players short, SLU has really botched this thing

Yeah but what im thinking will happen is that the whistle will blow at practice and we will be 2 players short with no announcement. That would just make the situation worse. If we are 2 players short, SLU has really botched this thing

no the media wont let that happen without forcing comment. the question would then be asked "where is player x and player y?" at which point slu has to give a statement. surely our media is effective enough to at least not let that skate.

no the media wont let that happen without forcing comment. the question would then be asked "where is player x and player y?" at which point slu has to give a statement. surely our media is effective enough to at least not let that skate.

Certainly after the fact the question will be asked. But if no announcement is made first then they have failed.

I agree which is why I said SLU has botched this thing. If this is the way it plays out it will not only be a disaster for the school but will become a major distraction for the returning players. I would figure the media will be hounding both the coaches and players for their thoughts about a situation that should of been handled 6 months ago not 2-3 weeks before the season. The returning players dont deserve that.

I agree which is why I said SLU has botched this thing. If this is the way it plays out it will not only be a disaster for the school but will become a major distraction for the returning players. I would figure the media will be hounding both the coaches and players for their thoughts about a situation that should of been handled 6 months ago not 2-3 weeks before the season. The returning players dont deserve that.

If you take a look back, I said on Sunday that the players would be receiving their punishments on Monday. This very well could have happened with out an announcment (wouldnt that be Majerus-like?)...hopefully it was a semester like I "guessed".

We'll just wait for confirmation.

There has been nothing until today about MU and IL so is there a news black out there also? I also think that I got something in the fall about RM speaking at the MO Athletic Club so it is not like he has been hiding. I also think he has spent much of his time in Milwaukee because his mother has been very ill which also might explain the silence issue. As far as Frank C goes it was his station that leaked the news about the hearing so maybe he is on the down low because of that - who knows. I do agree you are right you are a conspiracy theorist on this one.

What was Majerus going to say? All of this stuff may be private forever, so he definitely couldn't have said anything before it was decided whether there was going to be punishment or not.

Westy-

Is Nate saying anything about this?

What was Majerus going to say? All of this stuff may be private forever, so he definitely couldn't have said anything before it was decided whether there was going to be punishment or not.

PLEASE, can we stop guessing that there will NOT be an announcement, IF there is some level of discipline. Hell, even State U. announces that players have been suspended, they just protect the player's privacy by not detailing the reason for the suspension.

Lets give SLU leaders at least some credit. IF there is any discipline it will be announced w/o revealing any private details.

Hopefully all is quiet as practice, (WE'RE TALKIN PRACTICE MAN, PRACTICE) begins Friday.

-roy i sure hope you are right

-i should stop reading it but it is like a car wreck

-if you are still wanting an announcement, is your expectation that SLU or any other organization shuold respond to every media report about it? or in this case a "report" from andy strikcland? i posted somewhere i hope his batting average as far as his ability to get things correct related to slu stays at .000

-is it just me or do we have the post dispatch debate every year about this time? 72 i hope you are looking for something that is not there in this case

-as far as the program hiding, and i can't really blame them if they are, rick is scheduled at the mac next week and the following week they are having the meet and greet or whatever, so there are two opportunities

-i can't believe someone hasn't complained yet about no beer on Oct 25, but rick should probably stop promising that as logistically i am not sure it could be done as giving away free beer at a U sponsored event on campus with underage students in attendance is a disaster waiting to happen, imo, but if someone can figure out how to do it please let him know

-peace out to all

-roy i sure hope you are right

-i should stop reading it but it is like a car wreck

-if you are still wanting an announcement, is your expectation that SLU or any other organization shuold respond to every media report about it? or in this case a "report" from andy strikcland? i posted somewhere i hope his batting average as far as his ability to get things correct related to slu stays at .000

-is it just me or do we have the post dispatch debate every year about this time? 72 i hope you are looking for something that is not there in this case

-as far as the program hiding, and i can't really blame them if they are, rick is scheduled at the mac next week and the following week they are having the meet and greet or whatever, so there are two opportunities

-i can't believe someone hasn't complained yet about no beer on Oct 25, but rick should probably stop promising that as logistically i am not sure it could be done as giving away free beer at a U sponsored event on campus with underage students in attendance is a disaster waiting to happen, imo, but if someone can figure out how to do it please let him know

-peace out to all

Did you invent the "It's hard work being a Billiken fan" slogan? That is perfect. You should make t-shirts.

Maybe the question should be why do you feel the need to publiclly embarass any of our current players any more than they have already been?

Any idiot can figure out which player is being talked about. If any poster on here discloses reasons then they are just spreading rumors that may or may not be true. Given the number of times the story has changed in this thread alone, people should be smart enough not to believe everything they hear and thus spreading it in a public forum is wholly irresponsible.

Shoe. Don't take the burr up your as# out upon me. How is a fan of the program supposed to know that player is not lifting weights, preseason, with the rest of the team? and is therefore an "idiot" (your word) for not knowing this. Official practices have not even started, and even when they do, practices again will be closed and there is not word from coaches, program or media.

If there is doubt that the circumstances between the Spring incident and some new incident might be related, then fine, we should take the safe route and don't name names. Some of the posts from yesterday made it sound like a given that the incidents are not related and implied they knew why the player was not lifting with the team. If it is known that they are unrelated, then my question was only -- why the secrecy?

Your post suggests as the reason -- player public embarrassment. Was TL not embarrassed when it was posted that he was late to a game b/c he was getting corn rows in his hair? How about the player missing the bus? How embarrassed must KC feel if he, his friends and family read this Board containing posts about him and his shots being "brick city...", that player X is too slow, he sucks,.... This Board is full of things which can be, and are, embarrasing to a player. Next time, why don't you think before you post.

Clock.

PS I am not a witch. And a I am not an idiot.

I have no inside information on this one, but I'd guess that no one has touched the SLU story because there are no hard facts (or even soft facts verified by more than one source) on which an ethical reporter could hang his or her hat.

University athletic departments are not supposed to sit on their hands and wait for the press to come to them. They are supposed to engage the media to generate press for their programs. SLU has been auspiciously quiet. We have some great recruits coming in--MM and RL are two of the best recruits SLU has landed in years. No press on the bball program as practice is about to start. This is supposed to be a promising season for SLU. No RM on with Bernie (who basically has an open door for whenever RM wants to come on). No TT article. Heck, we've gotten more pub from the national press as a potential NCAA sleeper than local press. Maybe it's just business as usual for the SLU athletics department, maybe not. Maybe they don't want any interviews for fear that unwanted questions crop up. I hope not.