Tickets For CBI

kshoe

I am a season ticket holder. Just called up and paid for CBI tickets and can pick them up today between 1-6. I had the option to keep my tickets behind the basket or could have gotten center court tickets a little higher up. Stuck with my seats that I've had all year.

Do you know if only season ticket holders can get them right now or can the public buy them right now as well?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i indeed got tickets. i assume they are now collectors items! :lol:

Take those tickets and go to Savis for the NCAA regionals.

When they tell you you have the wrong tickets just start screaming like a mad man and waving the ticket around.

They will probably just let you in to avoid a scene. :D

Comments in this thread sum up our program. "A sponsor to spring for student tickets." "... people ... unwilling to pay for an NIT game." "Argue(ments)that they paid for an NIT game not a CBI game." "they can't charge us as if this were an NIT game."

Look, first of all, I'm not making a value judgment here. You don't want to pay or you want a discount or you want freebies ---- makes no difference to me. I'm not there so I don't know what I'd do in this case. I do know that someone else somewhere on this board was bemoaning the fact that 11 fans came to AC. And here's a hom egame and we still see indecision. Any kind of program with any kind of backing would see the building at least half full for this thing --- even in the first round.

But you better hurry --- this game will sell out. Indiana State is from the Valley and their fans will be traveling in caravan down I-70 for this one. We all know how that always works for Valley teams. They travel so well.

Get 'em while they're hot!!!

A youthful Bills squad gets to play a few more games. That has to be a good thing I guess.

There are Bills fan like me who are several hundred miles away who would love to attend this game but can't. Stop complaining about ticket prices, get to the game, and pull like heck for our team.

I'm waiting very nervously about student tickets. I really hope they pull a rabbit and get a sponsor to spring for student tickets(no inside info, just hoping).

05-

Backhand is actively in a bidding war against bank of america to sponsor the student section. I'm offering the the school a little less money but providing the entire student section with "Backhand the Sycamores" tshirts for men and tank tops for girls.

There are Bills fan like me who are several hundred miles away who would love to attend this game but can't. Stop complaining about ticket prices, get to the game, and pull like heck for our team.

You can buy tickets through the SLU Athletics website for $10, general admission. It will be fun to try sitting in other areas of the gym.

We'd better wax the Sycamores pretty good or the A-10/MVC arguments will be revived and may never cease!

I dont know how much truth there is to this but I just heard from a season ticket holder that he tried to get his same seats that he's had all year for tomorrow's game and he was told that there are 10,000 seats reserved and the rest are all general admission. Hard to believe this is the case but that's what I heard hopefully not true.

Not tue. bought a general admition ticket, my season ticket is in 113 and I was told that will be general admition for this game.

Not tue. bought a general admition ticket, my season ticket is in 113 and I was told that will be general admition for this game.

Any reason why your season ticket is general admission? So with a general admission ticket do you sit where ever you want?

the girl that called me said i would have a reserved seat. interesting.

here's the answer as the story on slubillikens.com has been updated:

"Due to the limited time to process orders, seating in the Loyal Blue and Billiken Gold areas of Chaifetz Arena are available for $20 each and only to the season ticket holders that purchase those seats during the regular season. All tickets outside of those two price levels will be General Admission and will cost $10 each."

Take those tickets and go to Savis for the NCAA regionals.

When they tell you you have the wrong tickets just start screaming like a mad man and waving the ticket around.

They will probably just let you in to avoid a scene. :lol:

That would be funny to see, especially since the NCAA games are at the Dome.

here's the answer as the story on slubillikens.com has been updated:

"Due to the limited time to process orders, seating in the Loyal Blue and Billiken Gold areas of Chaifetz Arena are available for $20 each and only to the season ticket holders that purchase those seats during the regular season. All tickets outside of those two price levels will be General Admission and will cost $10 each."

So they won't sell those seats to anyone else? I'm predicting a lot of empty seats in those areas.

Comments in this thread sum up our program. "A sponsor to spring for student tickets." "... people ... unwilling to pay for an NIT game." "Argue(ments)that they paid for an NIT game not a CBI game." "they can't charge us as if this were an NIT game."

Look, first of all, I'm not making a value judgment here. You don't want to pay or you want a discount or you want freebies ---- makes no difference to me. I'm not there so I don't know what I'd do in this case. I do know that someone else somewhere on this board was bemoaning the fact that 11 fans came to AC. And here's a hom egame and we still see indecision. Any kind of program with any kind of backing would see the building at least half full for this thing --- even in the first round.

But you better hurry --- this game will sell out. Indiana State is from the Valley and their fans will be traveling in caravan down I-70 for this one. We all know how that always works for Valley teams. They travel so well.

Get 'em while they're hot!!!

A youthful Bills squad gets to play a few more games. That has to be a good thing I guess.

LOL so I take it that you would be over in the over/under 5K attendance debate.

So they won't sell those seats to anyone else? I'm predicting a lot of empty seats in those areas.

Just buy a gen admin ticket and then sit in one of those empty seats in the middle just like you can at most of the womens games.

i also wonder how hard the a-10 higher ups campaigned for the team that is constantly complaining about being in the conference. sure wasnt a lot of enthusiasm there probably.

Without knowing, I've thought the same thing re if the A-10 lobbied for SLU re the NIT.

SLU got shafted by the NIT. But yesterday's NIT Selection Show showed how much of a joke of a tournament the NIT is anyway. I mean when North Carolina (16-16, a 10th place also-ran), NC State (no factor in the ACC race the whole season), and most of all, Northwestern (RPI 117) make the NIT, you know the thing is still rigged. Is Northwestern supposed to bring the Chicago market to the NIT? Give me a break.

Then you have the case of Illinois and its road game in a de facto high school gym at Stony Brook, a team that lost to Fordham.

Part of me thinks it is better for SLU to be in the CBI anyway- home games, games on national TV (HD Net), the Kentucky announcer announcing the game, Mark Cuban being behind HD Net, President Obama's brother in law coaching Oregon State, which is in the CBI field, and the reported deal for SLU being in the prestige tournament in 2011-12. We're talking some opportunities for positive publicity for SLU. Give the CBI a chance.

Really, no one outside the schools involved, and in some cases not even them, care about the NIT- the Not In Tournament Tournament. Was I disappointed that SLU didn't get an NIT bid? Of course, I was, but the sun has risen in the East today, and the Billikens live to play another game.

I spoke with someone on the phone who told me I would get tickets for the CBI in my season seats. I paid for them and was told to pick them up between1-6 today. I just picked them up, and the girl at the ticket office told me they were general admission tickets but that my season seats would be reserved for me for the game. After I told her that it didn't make any sense she got someone who told me that all seats other than blue/gold are general admission on a first come first serve basis. They were $10. If you call up and someone tells you anything other than they are selling blue/gold and gen ad tickets, they don't know what they are talking about. They seemed kinda clueless when I was there.

Make it thousands (of miles) in this case.

You know I would be there if I could. I am hoping for a final best 2 out 3 series, with the middle game in Corvallis. If that happens, I will make all efforts to represent Billiken Nation and make my first ever visit to Corvallis.

Come on St. Louis, get behind the team. Go to the game. The team deserves the support.

And don't have an empty shell for the HD Net TV audience.

Show the NIT College of Retired Coaches, those that are still awake at that hour, what they're missing- 1,700 to see Illinois in a high school gym at Stony Brook on Wed. night vs. a good crowd at a beautiful state of the art 10,600 arena on Tuesday night.