Tickets For CBI

kshoe

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to just stop by the ticket office after work.

I hope no one is sitting in my normal seats tomorrow night.

Get there early and you can have your pick.

to be fair, the concept of organizing a ticket sales drive and distribution with a less than 12 hour notice is quite the hill to climb. one thing i did see when i was at the ticket office today was a bunch of folks working like crazy to make things happen and real sense of urgency and a committment to help us the ticket holders however they can.

i will give the ticket office a thumbs up for effort and we can hope they iron the kinks out for the next game be it next monday or next year.

I've been told the first 150 students who show up get in free... The chafe needs to be rocking tomorrow, especially with the students. "It's only the cbi" is no excuse... This is still your team, the same one that provided you with so many thrilling games this season. (steps off soapbox)

I've been told the first 150 students who show up get in free... The chafe needs to be rocking tomorrow, especially with the students. "It's only the cbi" is no excuse... This is still your team, the same one that provided you with so many thrilling games this season. (steps off soapbox)

Agreed. Hopefully we'll get a lot more students than that. Mid-terms and spring break are over, why not go see some basketball?

considering it will be a miracle that we sell even 6k tickets for tomorrow night imo, why would we charge students anything. why wouldnt we tell every student at slu, harris stowe, wash u, fontbonne and forest park they get a free tshirt and a beer and hot dog just for sitting in the arena for at least the first half.

my gosh, do whatever we can to keep that hideous light blue of indiana state out of the arena.

to be fair, the concept of organizing a ticket sales drive and distribution with a less than 12 hour notice is quite the hill to climb. one thing i did see when i was at the ticket office today was a bunch of folks working like crazy to make things happen and real sense of urgency and a committment to help us the ticket holders however they can.

i will give the ticket office a thumbs up for effort and we can hope they iron the kinks out for the next game be it next monday or next year.

The AD knew there was a good chance at a post season game NIT, CBI, CIT whatever. They have a staff already in place that sells tickets, websites, they sell tix for 18 men's games and 18 women's games each year. They aren't starting from scratch on this.

At this point in time there hasn't even been an email sent out to the student email accounts regarding this game. It is on the official site as one of the three rotating main stories.

This should not be that difficult and the confusion on this board amongst the most dedicated fans is a bad indicator to the quality of information released to the public.

considering it will be a miracle that we sell even 6k tickets for tomorrow night imo, why would we charge students anything. why wouldnt we tell every student at slu, harris stowe, wash u, fontbonne and forest park they get a free tshirt and a beer and hot dog just for sitting in the arena for at least the first half.

my gosh, do whatever we can to keep that hideous light blue of indiana state out of the arena.

I think part of the problem is the $60 grand, the athletic department has to pay the organizers to play in this tourney. Got to generate the revenue somehow.

I wish I could be there.

I think part of the problem is the $60 grand, the athletic department has to pay the organizers to play in this tourney. Got to generate the revenue somehow.

I wish I could be there.

I wish I could be there.

understand the need to generate revenue, but at the same time we dont need an embarrassing half empty house where a 1000 powder blue windbreakers with the smell of terre haute creosote railroad tie factory blowing through the arena takes away our home court advantage either.

bring the students however possible. let the rest of the fandom buy the remaining seats.

Thanks to Royal Banks!

The AD knew there was a good chance at a post season game NIT, CBI, CIT whatever. They have a staff already in place that sells tickets, websites, they sell tix for 18 men's games and 18 women's games each year. They aren't starting from scratch on this.

At this point in time there hasn't even been an email sent out to the student email accounts regarding this game. It is on the official site as one of the three rotating main stories.

This should not be that difficult and the confusion on this board amongst the most dedicated fans is a bad indicator to the quality of information released to the public.

Does the athletic department Tweet? And I'd swear I gave them an e-mail address when I signed up for season tickets, but I can't say for sure.

In any event, they should also have someone who has as part of his or her job the duty to post to this board with information like this.

Until yesterday it was NIT or bust. The NIT ticket form went out weeks ago. The students are right there on campus for Pete's sake.

I had to drive for a half hour to go pick up my tickets. The box office folks are busting their butts to try to make this happen and when I was there today they were very accomodating.

In terms of attendance, I hope we can get a few thousand to this first game--hopefully with a bunch of students. When people do not have something on their schedule until the last few hours it is hard to develop a huge crowd. If we win tomorrow we play at home on Monday. I would hope we could get a better crowd on Monday. The great thing is that we are the NO. 1 seed for the entire event so we get home games until the final and then two of three at home, if a third is necessary.

I actually think this is a great opportunity for our young team to play some more basketball and continue to mature and improve. go Bills!

Does the athletic department Tweet? And I'd swear I gave them an e-mail address when I signed up for season tickets, but I can't say for sure.

In any event, they should also have someone who has as part of his or her job the duty to post to this board with information like this.

Yes @ SLU_Billikens

I get regular form emails from the athletic dept and got one as soon as it was announced that we were playing in the CBI. I would assume that all season ticket holders who have given their email addresses would also get an email but do not know.

Their Twitter account is @SLU_Billikens.

I wish I could be there.

It is only a problem if the fans don't show up.

5,000 fans at $15 avg. per ticket = $75,000, + parking and concessions.

This CBI should be considered a forward, outside the box, thinking win-win for SLU, including that O'Reilly Tournament in KC in 2 years with Kansas and Syracuse.

Also someone posted that the "buy" game fees are more than $60K.

...but at the same time we dont need an embarrassing half empty house where a 1000 powder blue windbreakers with the smell of terre haute creosote railroad tie factory blowing through the arena takes away our home court advantage either.

Have any of you been to Terre Haute? I have and it truly does smell the way Roy is describing. Just thinking about it makes me shudder. The only place worse is Greeley, Co where all the slaughterhouses are. Hope we don't have to play the University of Northern Colorado.

An idea - I am a Chicago Cubs season ticket holder and each year when Major League Baseball permits the Cubs to sell post season tickets, I get a set of tickets for a potential one game playoff. I am not charged for those unless the Cubs have to play that game but they are in my possession in case it happens.

I understand that the Cubs are a Major League Baseball team and SLU is a NCAA Division 1 program but why not send out season tickets to everyone and then charge them if they are used. There could be different policies in place like for the NIT you take your regular seat or for the CBI it is general admission.

I really hope we can get some people in the stands tomorrow. The team deserves our support!

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Kevin Shortal

my wife and i are in terre haute often as our daughter goes to school and plays softball just east of terre haute at rose hulman. so when the west wind is blowing we get the full effect of railroad tie preparation.

Have any of you been to Terre Haute? I have and it truly does smell the way Roy is describing. Just thinking about it makes me shudder. The only place worse is Greeley, Co where all the slaughterhouses are. Hope we don't have to play the University of Northern Colorado.

That's funny, a buddy of mine who is an IU grad just mentioned to me that TH smells like @ss.

An idea - I am a Chicago Cubs season ticket holder and each year when Major League Baseball permits the Cubs to sell post season tickets, I get a set of tickets for a potential one game playoff. I am not charged for those unless the Cubs have to play that game but they are in my possession in case it happens.

I understand that the Cubs are a Major League Baseball team and SLU is a NCAA Division 1 program but why not send out season tickets to everyone and then charge them if they are used. There could be different policies in place like for the NIT you take your regular seat or for the CBI it is general admission.

-this was suggested last year, i guess the ath dept does not like the idea - it seems to make a lot of sense and would avoid chaos at will call, the ticket windows and the ticket office

That's funny, a buddy of mine who is an IU grad just mentioned to me that TH smells like @ss.

This thread is cracking me up. I was on a high school road trip once and before we got to Terre Haute, one of the guys in the car swore up and down the entire town smelled like urine, which he found out during his brother's college visit to Rose Hulman the prior year. Sure enough, we stopped there for food and gas a few minutes later and agreed with him. Terre Haute is forever known to me and these guys as "The Town That Smells Like Urine."

I figured this was just us.

The CBI sets the ticket prices and there must be a ticket sold for everyone attending. No freebees.