OT: Midtown Development

Pistol

I could see a restaurant like Tavolo V going in to part of that space, but as I said, the long-term strategy behind tearing those down is good. And there's no call for a restaurant row within Cortex -- yet -- and they've certainly rehabbed their fair share of old buildings.

I'm simply predisposed to questioning the tearing down of almost any older building to put in a parking lot (or "green space").

Some people simply have no vision. That said, it's probably for the greater good of the district and I also thought I read it'd be a parking structure.

STL has failed in so many areas, it's refreshing to see a local economic development effort actually succeed and be a model case study.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

first they need to demolish all the boarded up buildings on the med campus. Looks like crap

Only look like crap because SLU has neglected them. Tore down the neighborhood that provided the buildings context, tore down the rest of the complex, letting a rubble pile site there for months, boarding up the building and doing nothing for years...

Now they've finally bought the Missouri Belting building, they can tear down those two buildings and we'll have a lovely stretch of grass from the hospital at Rutger down to the train tracks

• 3 weeks later...

Love the dedication to ignorance. So impressive. That takes hard work.

At approximately 12:40 p.m. today, DPS was notified of an assault of a female SLU graduate at the Grand Boulevard MetroLink station. SLU DPS officers apprehended the male suspect, who was taken into police custody. Police arrived and are conducting their investigation at the scene. DPS has increased its patrols in the area. The former student was not injured.

In light of this off-campus incident, we would like to remind you of some important safety tips:

Literally today. You're the ignorant one

Now that is actually a building I could get behind hugging, interesting history and great looking architecture.

I had similar thoughts. Thanks for posting the link, I had never seen photos of the inside of the building. Are there any photos of it throughout the years when it was in use?

Would be a perfect venue for hockey....

I had the same thoughts. :) Anyone know the approximate dimensions? Would a hockey rink (200 ft. by 85 ft) fit? A basketball court, of course, is 94 ft x 50 ft.

From the pictures, is that artificial turf for something like indoor soccer?

Didn't the baseball team used to train inside this building?

I had the same thoughts. :) Anyone know the approximate dimensions? Would a hockey rink (200 ft. by 85 ft) fit? A basketball court, of course, is 94 ft x 50 ft.

From the pictures, is that artificial turf for something like indoor soccer?

Didn't the baseball team used to train inside this building?

Not sure on size but my dad said he played in a indoor football league there.