Recruiting news - Cassity Verbals to SLU

Guest BillikenReport

The shear size and presumed quality of this recruiting class is something we have not seen before. I'm pumped. I gotta' assume a few of these guys are going to redshirt. 6 Freshman on 1 team? SLU should be amazing in 2011.

Great pickup!

When you talk about Kyle, he's a first team all-stater, I don't care what class," Pinckneyville head coach Bob Waggoner told the Belleville News Democrat after the game. "People can say that there are better (players), but there's no better all-around player than Kyle Cassity He does everything for us.

"A kid that's normally that good has an ego and a personality that says, 'What about me?' He's the most unselfish kid we have, and that's what makes him so good."

Guest BillikenReport

I had heard yesterday, from a very good source, that Cassity was headed to Southern Illinois.

So this news last night was surprising.

Hopefully this means Cotto finally makes the phone call as well.

- Nate

here's the description i like of this guy

Kyle Cassity (2008 prospect) 20 points on 8 of 14 shooting, 1 of 5 from the arc, 1 of 3 from the line, 7 rebounds and a number of steals, assists and various hustle plays

Maybe Cassity is a mid-major prospect, but if that is the case, he needs to be on a mid-major team that beats high majors. One thing is for sure, Cassity is being under recruited with offers from only Misssouri-Kansas City and Arkansas State.

At 6-foot-5, Cassity is a wiry athlete who handled the ball under pressure for Pinckneyville and made plays when they needed them. He finished with both hands around the basket, shot the pull up jumper with confidence and although he only made 1 of 5 threes, his misses were of the in and out variety. His court savvy and vision was quite impressive, and even more impressive was the fact that Cassity dislocated his thumb early in the game defending Jackson, had the thumb popped back into place and was then quickly back on the court playing in obvious pain

Great News!! thanks

This class is turning out to be really nice. :)

Great pickup!

When you talk about Kyle, he's a first team all-stater, I don't care what class," Pinckneyville head coach Bob Waggoner told the Belleville News Democrat after the game. "People can say that there are better (players), but there's no better all-around player than Kyle Cassity He does everything for us.

"A kid that's normally that good has an ego and a personality that says, 'What about me?' He's the most unselfish kid we have, and that's what makes him so good."

This description makes him seem like a perfect RM type player. We are now one over the 13 scholarship limit for next year. One solution is that Reed doesn't qualify. I want to see another big in this class, preferably a JUCO. It sounds like KC could be a redshirt possibility just based on his size (weight).

Also, Nate thanks for the heads up on this. I'm sure BROY is happy this morning-he really liked KC.

This is great news, good way to start the day.

This kid sounds like an RM type. Great news. Not sure where we stand on scholies, but if Cotto commits as well that would mean no JUCO's. Hope these freshman are fast learners. Just speculating here, but RM over spring break worked with TL and KL. My guess would be these sessions had more to do with leadership skills than basketball skills. You look at what we've got coming back and can picture a starting five of TL, KL, BE, Conklin, and Thompson. Or take out BT or BC and insert Kwaime Mitchell at the PG. That's some pretty young players at your two most critical positions, PG and PF. The key to any success next year may be BE and how he develops over the summer.

Congrats to the Bills, Cassity will be a good one.

Please tell RM that we will be happy to let him have the best recruits from Southern Illinois as long as we keep getting the better ones from the STL area. :rolleyes:

With both schools recruiting classes, we should get to see some pretty good games in the next 4 years.

This coaching staff has demonstrated an impressive ability to close the deal. I love what I have heard about this young man. He sounds like he could be a real glue guy who will make the whole team better and that is what we have heard about Mitchell as well. I have never seen him but I trust our fans here and our coaches. Go Bills

Nice pick up. I know we made a late charge, but it wasn't enough. IMO, SLU is a better basketball program than Michigan and at least as good as Penn State right now. I aslo think this kid wanted to play close to home. Should be an interesting player for you guys.

i am a huge fan of this kid. i think the sky is the limit for what he could turn into. i dont think he will be a star to start out, but with his obvious basketball iq and his hand to eye skills and the fact he is a 6'6" guard, gotta be excited about this.

look at it this way, we just traded polk for cassity.

Congrats to the Bills, Cassity will be a good one.

Please tell RM that we will be happy to let him have the best recruits from Southern Illinois as long as we keep getting the better ones from the STL area. :rolleyes:

With both schools recruiting classes, we should get to see some pretty good games in the next 4 years.

Thanks, Let's run over all schools with a "Missouri" in its name.. :lol: