Mizzou

why would even go over there and post the committment. What would we expect them to say.

I didn't get most of their witty remarks though. But hell I've never passed more than 20 credit hours in a single summer session, so I'm probably not up to speed with the normal Mizzou student.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Mizzoo is gonna be red in the face when the nation sees who the real team in the state of missouri is

Posted Image

Posted Image

"I was on fire, I was hotter than a pistol" Jason McElwaine

If theres no SLU basketball in heaven I'm not going!!!!!!

Official Billikens.com Sponsor of Chris Sloan and Billiken Volleyball

and Official Billiken.com Online Video Guy

We should all be hoping Mizzery get's better. Perfect scenario would be both SLU and Mizzery playing big on a national level. This will create more interest in hoops and help down the road after RM's gone. Who wouldn't love to see 2 or 3 years down the road one of those late season Out of conference games between a ranked Mizzery and a ranked SLU? Admit it, that would be fun. I hate Mizzery as much as B'roy, but Anderson will build something there.

First of all - why post anything on that board of any school's board for that matter. Given how some react when someone from anothe school posts on this board no one should be surprised by anything that is said. All I know is that it is not smart to get cocky or overconfident. Let it all play out and the results will speak volumes one way or the other.

i do not understand the fascination with mizzou nor the cockiness on this board given that rm has not coached a single game for us and has signed 1 recruit, signed being the key word.

am i excited? absolutely

but let's let it play out and then and always try to act with some class

Agreed 100 percent. Did anyone (except maybe the vanilla gorilla) come here and post about winning Grimes? Nope. Tigerboard is a vast wasteland in a bigger wasteland that includes a few beacons of light like Billikens.com. I'm surprised that the response to your post wasn't more profane and ugly.

That said, I am thinking and hoping and dreaming of Missou/St. Louis attaining the same status as Louisville/Kentucky rivalry. SLU recruiting and winning at a high level is the only thing that will make that happen......

To answer your question Cowboy, we are now competitors with Mizzou. The future success of this program is going to be determined in large part on how we recruit against Mizzou for the top local players..I wouldn't use the word cocky but the reason Billiken fans can now feel confident is that we have a proven winner running our program. Future recruits read both boards. I'm personally glad that some are taking the time to report positive Billiken news on the other sites.

"The future success of this program is going to be determined in large part on how we recruit against Mizzou for the top local players"

If the talent level in St. Louis was consistent, I'd agree with you 100%. But in most years St. Louis does not produce multiple prospects who can be impact players at the A-10 level. Our future success is going to be determined on how far RM can expand our recruiting base beyond the St. Louis area. I'm very encouraged by the Thompson verbal and the interest Kwamain Mitchell has in us.

Sounds an awful like an Illini fan site. They will tear you down if you say anything remotely positive about MU and then come after you if you say anything bad about those guys in Champaign.

I dislike both programs. Niether will play us. They both have histories of flaunting the NCAA. Screw them both, the future belongs to SLU.

Very true. That fact is though that I've never wanted to kill an Illini fan or been heckled by one. The difference in the class of the fanbase (based on two road trips and games played in St. Louis) is not even close. I'll take the salt of the earth, Farmer Ted types at Illinois vs the Herb Tarleck slicksters i've encountered in the MU faithful.

>Very true. That fact is though that I've never wanted to

>kill an Illini fan or been heckled by one. The difference

>in the class of the fanbase (based on two road trips and

>games played in St. Louis) is not even close. I'll take the

>salt of the earth, Farmer Ted types at Illinois vs the Herb

>Tarleck slicksters i've encountered in the MU faithful.

Just an fyi...At least half of the student population at U of I is from Chicago. Half from Central/Southern and more rural parts of Illinois, with sprinkles from elsewhere.

I think labeling him as a scumbag for making too many phone, granted 550 too many, calls is a little harsh. Wow he got in trouble once in almost 30 year coaching tenure. Far worst happened at MU and UI under two of their most beloved coaches. When you take into account the whole record of Kelvein Sampson as a person and a coach he is far from a scumbag.

Just an fyi...At least half of the student population at U of I is from Chicago. Half from Central/Southern and more rural parts of Illinois, with sprinkles from elsewhere.

I know, I know but MU probably has as many farmers as slicksters too. In any event, based on my experience, I'd rather Illini Fans than MU slobs.

>Sounds an awful like an Illini fan site. They will tear you

>down if you say anything remotely positive about MU and then

>come after you if you say anything bad about those guys in

>Champaign.

>

>I dislike both programs. Niether will play us. They both

>have histories of flaunting the NCAA. Screw them both, the

>future belongs to SLU.

Love this post!!

Courtside, I am a huge Illinois backer. I won't ever say different, or hide that fact.

As big an Illini fan as I am, multiply that ten fold for the Billikens. I have rooted since the days when there was no gistle on the bone to chew.

Neither negates the posting situation where Illinois fans take the time to quote our board and also offer reasoned discourse that we can become a success and challenge in recruiting. Over in Mizzouland, 90% of the posts read from Gooberville, where SLU can't even begin to have enough class to scrape road muffins from their exalted Wellies. The long and short ... if you want to talk basketball, Illinois is a decent board when not in meltdown. Mizzou forum is buried in tired slams. Basketball fans vs. goober talk.