Coaching Candidates

JMM28

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LeBryan Nash, Juwan Evans, Marcus Smart.

They're all types of guys that would look at SLU. No doubt.

If we get a player like Marcus Smart it'll be so awesome when he goes into the stands and assaults the opponents fans

Remember that? Upstanding players Ford recruited

He was just suspended for a low blow in the NBA

From Frank:

These @SLU_Billikens criticizing Ford who's had 10 20 win seasons and 6 NCAA's crack me up. SLU 8-28 in A-10 last 2 yrs. Izzo didn't apply.

Take your hair piece and shove it up your ass, Frank.

So, now that neither The Wiz nor volfan were vindicated in the form of their insider information being correct, do they now have to meet in Salina to decide things?

Not sure how the Wiz was wrong...he said it looks promising but it was NOT a done deal till something was signed. He never said we are 100% getting him.

I made two posts about what a search firm does and what it does not. There was a list of candidates presented by the search firm to SLU, the candidates met the specs given to the search firm. We know Ford had two interviews, this is significant. Finally because of reasons that we will never know in detail he got the job. We have Ford.

I really do not expect anyone to read this post, by now most of the frequent posters are probably drunk.

Nope I am sober and will give Coach Ford my support as he tries to get us out of the doldrums that Jim Crews left us with.

From Frank:

These @SLU_Billikens criticizing Ford who's had 10 20 win seasons and 6 NCAA's crack me up. SLU 8-28 in A-10 last 2 yrs. Izzo didn't apply.

Take your hair piece and shove it up your ass, Frank.

and Oklahoma state was 12-20 last year and 3-15 in conference..... hes comparing 10 seasons with 2 of SLUs while eliminating the most recent record of OKSt

Not sure how the Wiz was wrong...he said it looks promising but it was NOT a done deal till something was signed. He never said we are 100% getting him.

He was wrong. He said drew had an agreement. There was no agreement. Drew did not just have a change of heart after winning the nit semifinal game

He was wrong. He said drew had an agreement. There was no agreement. Drew did not just have a change of heart after winning the nit semifinal game

Agreeing on something and signing off on a contract are 2 different things and he made that abundantly clear. People choose to read what they want and they are pissed about it now and want to throw someone under the bus that I believe had insider info. An agreement (handshake or verbal) is different than something being signed.

Agreeing on something and signing off on a contract are 2 different things and he made that abundantly clear. People choose to read what they want and they are pissed about it now and want to throw someone under the bus that I believe had insider info. An agreement (handshake or verbal) is different than something being signed.

Yeah I agree, Wiz said the longer things go the more things could change. I think just based on the timing of the leak that he's right. B Drew wins, B Drew has someone contact SLU he's staying. SLU goes with the guy they have in their pocket. All speculation but Wiz doesn't seem to be some attention ***** like these other no post count hacks or the trolls that pop up like AJ when they know it'll be a storm.

As to Frank C? 1 NCAA tourney win in the last 8 seasons the guy we fired had double that in 4 years. Cherry picking BS facts and posting on twitter dude should run for office

Fair enough. For the record though I'm not pissed at all and I have stated previously that we weren't getting Drew so didn't really get caught up in that.

Yeah I agree, Wiz said the longer things go the more things could change. I think just based on the timing of the leak that he's right. B Drew wins, B Drew has someone contact SLU he's staying. SLU goes with the guy they have in their pocket. All speculation but Wiz doesn't seem to be some attention ***** like these other no post count hacks or the trolls that pop up like AJ when they know it'll be a ###### storm.

As to Frank C? 1 NCAA tourney win in the last 8 seasons the guy we fired had double that in 4 years. Cherry picking BS facts and posting on twitter dude should run for office

I'll also give credit to Wiz for appropriately qualifying his prediction. I'm eager to hear the full story as it comes out.

+1

Why do you think we waited 19 days after the firing of Crews before making a deal....Ford was available 19 days ago. ...The agreement with Drew was actually much longer than 19 days.... You wait and you wait ...and I think SLU couldn't take the chance of waiting till Thur and probably pushed Drew a little...and that was all she wrote. As I stated earlier, I think SLU gave him everything he wanted and just couldn;t wait anymore and he couldn't commit right now...so we have Ford.

I think people need to chill a little in regards to Ford....Is he as good as Coach K...No...Is he as bad as Crews .. No...He has some good metrics that project well in the A-10. I think for now people need to take a wait and see attitude.

Looking forward to renewing my season tickets next year.

As I said many times ...it was his to turn down...and he did.

I mentioned last week after the St. Mary's loss ...Time was not our friend...had St. Mary's won that game....maybe ...but who knows....

I also mentioned in the coach evaluation thread that the 2nd interview was a stay in touch interview in case something went wrong...something did...and we have Ford

I think in the end ...it dragged on because we pretty much gave Drew what he wanted and after a long delay he decided to pass on the deal I also think that SLU may have started to press his side a bit as they probably didn't want to wait till Thur night. ..as some of the dance partners were starting to be taken.. I think SLU did all they could, it just didn't work out.

I am not a Ford hater. If you look at his grades over 6 years ( post #9 of the Coach evaluation thread) they are all A's and B's...Not bad ..actually impressive ...just not good enough for the A+ rated B12.....But definitely good enough for the B+ rated A-10.

My feeling is we should not judge too quick...at least give him a chance...he will definitely be way better than Crews....

Oh and btw...Ford wants the job real bad...he is still hungry.

So basically it's just like the Tatum situation. We were played for a fool once more.

and Oklahoma state was 12-20 last year and 3-15 in conference..... hes comparing 10 seasons with 2 of SLUs while eliminating the most recent record of OKSt

Well he had 8 years at OSU with 5 years where he have 20 or more wins and 5 NCAA appearances in those 8 years and only 2 losing seasons in those 8 years. The Big 12 is a far better league than the A10 so I want to see what Travis can do at SLU and the A10 before I decide it is time to throw him under the bus.

So basically it's just like the Tatum situation. We were played for a fool once more.

Well, it was a little different...I don't think Tatum had a handshake with anybody and told him he was coming. Plus there was no one else we were going up against...It was just kind of a yay or nay. We got the nay after many weeks. I am surprised it held together as long as it did. And if Drew wasn't 100% sure about coming here then it is probably better he passed on us. You always want someone who wants to be here