We could really use a wing in the 2018 class

*pending

You forgot graves. 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am probably using my last freaking post on here because I guess I am still a Metz club guy, but this is exactly what I was trying to talk about in the beginning. We are beginning to load a roster up which is going to limit playing time for some other really good players. Just don't be surprised if we have a lot of transfers of good players coming up.

Ford can recruit like none-other, locally or nationally. As of now we will have FOUR ESPN 4* on the court next year and one 4* sitting, five if we get Pickett. The year after that we will have 5 4* ESPN recruits eligible to play, SIX with Pickett and Seven if Thatch gets a 4* (He probably will), along with one 5* recruit. 

Let this sink in for a second, last year we had two 3* players on the court that could play, and that was our ceiling. 

We honestly shouldn't get another recruit for 2017 that isn't a grad transfer big or Pickett and keep the roster spots open for 2019. We truly are loaded. For those who don't know this is why Pickett is waiting on his decision to play here.

Also what difference do we look for in AAU vs HS? Do we expect less PPG averages?

35 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

High school coaches can coach.  You just aren't allowed to coach players off your high school team.

@3star_recruit...Reece time will definitively be cut.  I tried to warn him tho.  He should have played with TeamRamey instead.

Were concerns over playing time why Marcedus Leech opted to play for Gateway?  He would have to play with the 17s since he's too old to play with the 16s.

40 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Were concerns over playing time why Marcedus Leech opted to play for Gateway?  He would have to play with the 17s since he's too old to play with the 16s.

I assume that had to be a big factor. Looking at the roster, maybe it was more with his role than playing time since he likely would have gotten considerable playing time with BBE. While BBE has an absolute stud running the show in Darius Garland, the 1/2 beyond him is a bit of a hole. They have a lot of more small forward type wings than combo guard type wings. I am not sure how good the stats or roster is, but I am not seeing any stats for Leech with Gateway from this past weekend.

http://adidasuprising.com/gauntlet-series-gold-division-stats/

1 hour ago, Coach314 said:

High school coaches can coach.  You just aren't allowed to coach players off your high school team.

That makes sense, thanks Coach. Thinking about it, that was a really dumb question since obviously Corey Frazier was coaching at Maplewood, but I knew there was some rule about it (can't coach players from your high school team).

Wouldn't that be somewhat of a drawback for a kid who may want to attend SLU High?  What I mean is that if an elite kid wants to go to SLU High and wants to play for BBE, then he would be forcing his high school coach to no longer be able to coach the BBE.  Seems like an odd situation.

Just now, cgeldmacher said:

Wouldn't that be somewhat of a drawback for a kid who may want to attend SLU High?  What I mean is that if an elite kid wants to go to SLU High and wants to play for BBE, then he would be forcing his high school coach to no longer be able to coach the BBE.  Seems like an odd situation.

Good point, I didn't know the rule when I posted that.

59 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I heard he is no longer with Gateway. That hasn't been confirmed tho.  If anyone knows about it maybe they can speak on it.  As for Leech...he played 16s last year and then got moved up to the 17s for BBE.  He was going to leave last year that's why they moved him up to make him happy.  I hear he had issues playing with some of the players and also wanted the ball in his hands more.  

8 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I believe the rule is in place to not give High school coaches the "unfair" advantage of being able to coach their players during the spring/summer.  They have a dead period and only get to work with their kids during the month of June. Now,  let's say Wiseman wanted to play for Sluh (a school he has visited) that would be ok because Claggs is not his High School coach,  yet.  The following year he would not be able to coach.  

1 minute ago, Coach314 said:

I heard he is no longer with Gateway. That hasn't been confirmed tho.  If anyone knows about it maybe they can speak on it.  As for Leech...he played 16s last year and then got moved up to the 17s for BBE.  He was going to leave last year that's why they moved him up to make him happy.  I hear he had issues playing with some of the players and also wanted the ball in his hands more.  

Verbal commits has him playing for We All Can Go.

2 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

I hear he had issues playing with some of the players and also wanted the ball in his hands more.  

Yeah, it sounded like he wanted a chance to play more as a point guard and that obviously isn't happening with Darius Garland on the roster. It's kind of interesting that he seems so focused on playing the point. He isn't listed on Gateway's roster on the link below, so what you are hearing may have some legs.

http://adidasuprising.com/gauntlet-series-gold-division-stats/

9 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

You think any of these are package deals?

Not that I can tell. I think it's just Van Macon doing his thing in the Northeast.

That said, it certainly doesn't hurt that there's a lot of overlap.

2 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

Somewhere Pistol is drowning ?

It doesn't help that it's been my busiest 3-week stretch since starting my new job, and my wife is in DC for work all week so I've got the 10-month-old baby alone. Maybe save some offers for May...

Anyway, Chase Audige looks great on video. Dunks galore. He's got awesome length for his size, super long arms. Plays a really mature game. Finishes strong, rebounds well, really active on both ends. I expect his star to rise rapidly. He's got 3 A10 offers and I would anticipate the caliber of offers to go up soon.

Kyler Edwards is more heavily recruited at this point. I don't know how high I'd put his ceiling in terms of athleticism, but he's a very solid all-around player. He's extremely confident, showing a lot of attitude and leadership. He's strong, finishes well, and has an easy stroke. Plays a smart, savvy veteran's game.

5 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Thanks for passing along @slufan13.

Is there a Bradley Beal Elite message board that is now saying they didn't want Gordon?

I am sure they would have liked Gordon before the roster was set.  I think they would have put the program in a bad spot cutting someone after the season started so I can believe they told him no thanks at this point.