Willie Reed signs with Sac-town

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason Willie is not on the summer league team...interesting.

Now he is saying he is going to be at training camp for the Kings but isn't playing in the summer league for them. Take that info with a big huge grain of salt.

Ah, Willie, we could have used thee, and you could have used us to hone your game and maybe make it in the NBA. See ya in Uruguay.

I am almost to the point of feeling bad for Willie. But not really. The guy at some point has to stop surrounding himself with the people that keep giving him TERRIBLE advice. All the way from his senior year in high school to present day, bonehead decisions all the way.

Airtime should have busted showtimes ass to get back in the classroom...

• 2 months later...

http://www.nba.com/k...ing-camp-roster

Willie is on the training camp roster. I think most NBA teams carry 12 guys maybe so I'm guessing 6 guys will be cut.

I would love to see how Willie measures up in camp playing against the likes of DeMarcus Cousins and Thomas Robinson.

I think the best case scenario involves Willie snagging the 12th man role. He could be the black Paul Shirley.

I am almost to the point of feeling bad for Willie. But not really. The guy at some point has to stop surrounding himself with the people that keep giving him TERRIBLE advice. All the way from his senior year in high school to present day, bonehead decisions all the way.

Airtime should have busted showtimes ass to get back in the classroom...

No. If I recall, he went to a Catholic high school in Kansas City but left after his Soph year when he went to that basketball factory "school" his JR year. Then, when it lost accreditation, he went back to his Catholic high school but could play b/c of eligibility/transfer rules.

No. If I recall, he went to a Catholic high school in Kansas City but left after his Soph year when he went to that basketball factory "school" his JR year. Then, when it lost accreditation, he went back to his Catholic high school but could play b/c of eligibility/transfer rules.

Bishop Miege is the high school in question

So he is invited to training camp...Does that mean he receives a 10 day contract or something? Or does he actually have to make the team to get paid?

I believe with training camp he will get a per diem and travel expenses paid, but he still has to make the team and get an actual contract to really get paid. 10 day contracts only apply during the regular season. However, as he is with them for training camp, there is a good chance that he will play in the D-league if he doesn't make the final roster.