OT: Midtown Development

Pistol

Humps is certainly being sold in the very near future. The current plan is for the potential new owners to make some changes and open it back up as a bar, but there are some obstacles (required renovation costs in particular) that could mess with that plan.

As long as they keep the Patty Melt, everything is OK. Best patty melt in the city.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

None of the above... We can all dream. That doesn't mean that I don't advocate, strong in ya know, an enthusiasm sense.

I think it speaks to our lack luster AD that raising that sort of capital is some amazing pipe dream that we could never make happen. Have to have one perfect private donor come to the rescue.

It speaks to our "lackluster AD" that he's not soliciting a $20M donation to build an ice rink for a sports team we don't even have? Really!

There are a lot on this board that may be upset if that is what he was spending his time doing rather than working to improve the sports we already have at the university. I wouldn't mind having hockey at SLU, but it would have to start more grassroots, eventually working its way to games at Scottrade and then years later, after a great deal of success, maybe then a donor decides to sink disposable money that no one else is stepping up to donate toward an on-campus hockey arena.

So, now the athletic department is negligent in its duties because it's not soliciting money for a new hockey arena. That's crazy.

It's weird, I think I've been to Humphrey's over a thousand times and I've never eaten there.

Anyway, I've also heard they're closing.

I went there with my family after my graduation - my parents wanted to see it for themselves.

Dad: So, how's the food here?

Box: I dunno.

Dad: In four years, you've never eaten here?

Box: Not once.

I went there with my family after my graduation - my parents wanted to see it for themselves.

Dad: So, how's the food here?

Box: I dunno.

Dad: In four years, you've never eaten here?

Box: Not once.

Ha...I didn't eat there till I hit 30 something...before that I didn't know they had a menu.

It speaks to our "lackluster AD" that he's not soliciting a $20M donation to build an ice rink for a sports team we don't even have? Really!

There are a lot on this board that may be upset if that is what he was spending his time doing rather than working to improve the sports we already have at the university. I wouldn't mind having hockey at SLU, but it would have to start more grassroots, eventually working its way to games at Scottrade and then years later, after a great deal of success, maybe then a donor decides to sink disposable money that no one else is stepping up to donate toward an on-campus hockey arena.

So, now the athletic department is negligent in its duties because it's not soliciting money for a new hockey arena. That's crazy.

Thank you for so eloquently putting words in my mouth.

Did I ever say I want a new arena? No. In fact I'm everywhere on this board saying I want a hockey in the 'Fetz.

Newsflash: Growing the program, while maintaining and improving current programs is what a GOOD athletic director does, not a great one, a GOOD one. Growing business, while maintaining current business is what a GOOD business person does, not even a great one.

Adding a program isn't some Harry Potter magic BS, its a pretty level expectation or desire at a non-football school wishing to differentiate itself form State school programs in the area.

Where on earth did I say "Spend all the time and resources to go get hockey!"

Get real man.

Hopefully they become more than replacement parking now that SLU is losing the Gries parking lot.

True. Without the Georgetown lot, what car door handles will drunk Gries residents have to piss on every weekend?!

• 3 weeks later...

I was driving on Olive a few days ago and noticed that a traffic light is going up at the Olive Street entrance to the Olive Parking Garage. I assume this is being done to make exiting the garage after a game easier.

I took a picture of it, but I don't know how to put a picture on a post. I assume there's some trick to it. Does anyone know?

Ive never really understood the parking situation across from fieldhouse. Is that lot open to anyone?

Just looked at it on Google Earth or whatever it's called. It has SLU branded entrance arms and I guess card readers (from Olive) and has a sign that says "Workforce Center Parking", so I guess that's employee parking? Another sign at the entrance says "Preferred Permits Only".

The exit (onto Theresa) has no barricades but there's a sign I can't read on Google.