David Neal

SLU_Nick

David Neal out of Arlington VA would be a very stellar 4 for us to have next year. He is a white 230 lb PF who can establish good position with nice post moves. My dad watched him play last week and said that he could have scored all day but Bishop O'Connell also has Marcus Ginyard (6'5 sg going to UNC) taking all the shots. I dont think we will land him though as Georgetown and GW are recruiting him heavily. IF we could land this David Neal it would be HUGE for our team. He is not a project and his only drawback (according to my dad) is that he couldnt run as fast as the rest of the team (But not as slow as IV).

If we landed this guy, we should be excited and it would be a huge huge acquisition from Brad.

neal has indeed been added to the list of recruits that are showing interest in saint louis university according to chris monter's site. the chart shows that slu has offered him a scholarship.

Are any Board members aware of any free sites that have recruiting info, or do they all require membership? Not that I'm tight with the $$$, but I really don't have that much interest in the topic except for instances like here where it would be nice to go to a location and at least get some general info on a player who has been mentioned on this Board.

he's a gritty player that can shoot but isn't very athletic. Just kidding of course but it never ceases to amaze me how people (this board, other boards, call-in shows, etc.) will still use stereotypes even if they don't admit it.

For example, Chris Sloan was probably one of the best athletes in our program the past 5 years but all people seemed to say was how gritty he was and how he got the most of his ability. I'm not saying he didn't do that but he was a very gifted ballplayer too.

and that why I hate to hear comparisons of him with Luke Meyer. I hate those stereotypes, too. Though I was a fan of Sloan, I have to admit that he wasn't very skilled. He never developed any post moves, demonstrated great ball handling skills and never showed much of a shot. But he used his athleticism well, combined with great heart.

I thought Chris was a great kid. Perhaps very athletic, but I, too, would challenge the assertion that he was highly skilled. If he was highly athletic and highly skilled, he would have done much better at SLU or even elswhere because his attitude, work ethic, and commitment were certainly not a problem. I think he was a great kid who did a lot with his abilities because of the effort he put out. I could not care less if he is white, black, or green for that matter, that has NOTHING to do with my evaluation.

I'd just chime in to say you can take this too far and be damned offensive.

I'd prefer to leave color out of it whether we are talking about a power forward or point guard or who was arrested last night. It makes no difference. Travis Deiner, Dwayne Polk, Chris Sloan, Curtis Withers. Race doesn't matter. Character, talent, and making the most of both, do.

(stepping off the soap-box)

rich, actually, sloan probably had more dunks last year than our entire team has combined this year.

i agree with kshoe, chris sloan is probably the most athletic billiken the program has had since mo jeffers.

i am not sure if that is allowed any more or not. i know at one time, magic johnson used to help jud heathcoate recruit kids all the time with visits and phone calls. but not sure if that is allowed or not any more.

billiken law could tell us.