Transfers - 2024

ACE

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if the visits will overlap.  

Looked at Manyawu bio at Wyoming, said he was recruited by Indiana State...

Looked the Cardinals are back home for the weekend , and the Battlehawks ( Ka Kaw)have a home game Saturday..In case they wanted to take the recruits .  

So right now we have , Hughes, Thames, Jimmerson, Williford ( ?) And Jaden Schertz.   So 8 openings?  At this time??

This has been a fun Spring 

Oh and Pikaar, so 7 if Jaden is on Scholarship?

18 minutes ago, BLIKNS said:

Looked the Cardinals are back home for the weekend , and the Battlehawks ( Ka Kaw)have a home game Saturday..In case they wanted to take the recruits .

I’d rather our staff take the time showing them around Pius Library and sitting in a few Philosophy classes. If these kids aren’t interested in joining the Micah program then they may as well sign with some godless school like Georgetown. 

billiken_roy likes this

14 minutes ago, AMDG-Unit said:

I’d rather our staff take the time showing them around Pius Library and sitting in a few Philosophy classes. If these kids aren’t interested in joining the Micah program then they may as well sign with some godless school like Georgetown. 

No political science department love? 

48 minutes ago, TRN said:

I doubt his son will be on scholarship.

Agree. Offspring of full-time University employees get free tuition anyway. Is there a reason for a scholarship I’m not thinking about?

4 hours ago, slu72 said:

Well the pipeline seems to be filling up a bit. Landing the ISU trio and Turnbull would be a good haul. Is Kent or Swope a PG? 

Julian was the closest they had to a PG last year.

1 hour ago, Adman said:

Agree. Offspring of full-time University employees get free tuition anyway. Is there a reason for a scholarship I’m not thinking about?

Not that it is a controlling consideration, but at most universities these days the "free tuition" starts at 50% and goes up with each year of service.  And I have a vague recollection that the board discussed this years ago, and someone posted about NCAA regulations that overlap.  I wouldn't assume he will be on a non-basketball scholarship.

20 hours ago, slu72 said:

Good pickup by Mack. My guess is he’ll do well at CofC. Wished we could have kept him. If Mack liked what he saw why didn’t we? 

Mack coaches in the Colonial Athletic Conference where Curcic is better suited, I am guessing that is why.....and Harriman probably had some input.

1 hour ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Looks like Kent committed to Texas and won’t be visiting this week after all.

I was hoping we would get Kent, though I think he a bit short of 6'8". It appears Sherrz wants to go bigger at the 4, 5 spots. Even though height is not as important in the 5 out, it still counts on D.  If you want a team to make a tournament run, height matters. So I'm not devastated by the news. Indiana state demonstrated that they could beat bubble teams, but second round games are often a bug step up in size and quality.