GDT: SLU v. St. Josephs

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I know Medley takes a lot of heat (and rightfully so) but he got hacked on that play called a jump ball and then appeared to get all ball on the foul call against him. Tough break for the kid. One game closer to the end of the Ford era. 

That foul was called on Parker.

Just now, SLU_Nick said:

Id actually like to fire ford now and see what this roster could do with a fresh coaching perspective. 

Medley being in on key defensive possessions was absolutely brain dead from Ford 

That and Parker being out at the start of the half. Lol. Joe Biden must have sent down an order that CM had to be in or something.

hard to be critical of parker when it is obvious we arent even in the game if he doesnt play hero ball like no billiken has since larry hughes senior was at carbondale.   but wow 3 bonehead plays at the end for him.  

i think the real loser in the game was once again we cant take care of the ball.   jesus the turnovers.  F

4 minutes ago, Soderball said:

The jump ball and the foul at the end. That was all CM. I don't get the defense of him. Worst guard to ever play here.

I think he's stuck in the wash basin with Jolly.

The foul at :07 was called on Parker. TV guy said so, stats say so.

we will look back on the season and see that not having a single point guard on the roster was the undoing of the season.  that's all on ford.  

Soderball likes this

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

They were reacted to the travel that Parker got away with right before the pinball

That makes sense, I didn't see that. Partisan fan here. So no-call either way. Still I think refs leaned St. Joe's way in second half and especially down the stretch.

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

we will look back on the season and see that not having a single point guard on the roster was the undoing of the season.  that's all on ford.  

Fire Ford.

1 minute ago, NYBilliken said:

That makes sense, I didn't see that. Partisan fan here. So no-call either way. Still I think refs leaned St. Joe's way in second half and especially down the stretch.

The complaints about the refs are really getting old. Blame CTF.

9 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Anyone got a rundown?

The post games are must listen. As usual CTF is just incredulous as to why the team didn't do "X" today it was take care of the ball.  He's passionate and he "talked to them about it all week".  

Rammer, "Despite the loss the team is playing better ball the last two weeks"

CTF, "Yeah we talked......."

Dead air, so long I think it's a malfunction. Then you hear Rammer say "yeah" to someone not into the mic, cut to commercial.

4 minutes ago, wgstl said:

We had a better chance of winning if Brad didn’t suit up today. What a poor game from him that hurt us in so many different ways.

Players on the floor for the vast majority of the time need to be Parker, Hughes, Thames, TJ and Gibson…..no big man, but I don’t care.  This is far and away our most effective set.  Parker and Hughes share the point duties.

5 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

The post games are must listen. As usual CTF is just incredulous as to why the team didn't do "X" today it was take care of the ball.  He's passionate and he "talked to them about it all week".  

Rammer, "Despite the loss the team is playing better ball the last two weeks"

CTF, "Yeah we talked......."

Dead air, so long I think it's a malfunction. Then you hear Rammer say "yeah" to someone not into the mic, cut to commercial.

Wow

Just now, brianstl said:

Wow

Just seemed like he broke down I'm not sure but his voice cracked and then nothing.  Seemed like he was going to crack a few post game interview now.  Dude is amped you see his halftime on court? Usually it's like a sentence dude was talking like he took a nipple bump off Tate in the locker room