I Miss Yuri

45 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Jimerson is what Scott Highmark would have been if Highmark wasn’t playing alongside H and Clagget.

Yeah but I think Highmark is better than Jimerson, maybe way better. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/26/2024 at 1:05 PM, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

Maybe.... if we beat Dayton in the A10 Tournament who was a top 5 team that year with Obi Toppin. Odds of that happening were not likely. 

We were going to beat them in the tournament.

55 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Yuri was definitely the problem. If only he would have been a little more selfless. 

Yuri enforced at least some discipline on offense.  CTF seems perfectly happy with these crazy "head down" drives

On 1/26/2024 at 7:44 PM, majerus mojo said:

“I was hard on Yuri.  In retrospect too hard.” 

—proceeds to dump on Yuri all over again— 😂

If you never posted about Yuri again it wouldn’t be soon enough 

Exactly! You're talking about the same weirdo who started the ridiculous Yuri to K-State thread.

2 hours ago, ACE said:

Exactly! You're talking about the same weirdo who started the ridiculous Yuri to K-State thread.

It's weird to discuss rumors on a message board? It's ridiculous to discuss a rumor that the best player might transfer?

Huh k. You should probably let every message everywhere know so they can't comply with your edict. Because there's a lot of weirdness and ridiculousness.

But really you're the weird ridiculous one that continues to bring it up. The rest of us will discuss things as they come up. Feel free to sit in the corner and judge. 

2 hours ago, ACE said:

Today Randy K said that it was common knowledge that TN offered Yuri 200K to transfer and Ford matched it.  It was regarding the recent NCAA investigation of TN and TN suing the NCAA.

15 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Today Randy K said that it was common knowledge that TN offered Yuri 200K to transfer and Ford matched it.  It was regarding the recent NCAA investigation of TN and TN suing the NCAA.

I heard that it was more about Tennessee tampering before Yuri was in the portal.   SLU had evidence and was prepared to make those charges stick and UT then backed away from him.   I would be very surprised if Yuri got 200K from us last year. That would be a heck of a lot more than he is making currently.   Who knows?   Still Fire Travis.  

1 minute ago, OkieBilliken said:

I heard that it was more about Tennessee tampering before Yuri was in the portal.   SLU had evidence and was prepared to make those charges stick and UT then backed away from him.   I would be very surprised if Yuri got 200K from us last year. That would be a heck of a lot more than he is making currently.   Who knows?   Still Fire Travis.  

I don't know how much he actually got, but the number I heard he thought he was getting was actually higher than 200k. Who knows?

2 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

It's weird to discuss rumors on a message board? It's ridiculous to discuss a rumor that the best player might transfer?

Huh k. You should probably let every message everywhere know so they can't comply with your edict. Because there's a lot of weirdness and ridiculousness.

But really you're the weird ridiculous one that continues to bring it up. The rest of us will discuss things as they come up. Feel free to sit in the corner and judge. 

Yes, it was weird, I'm not a fan of fake news. I'll leave that to the Alex Jones of this board who started the thread. It wasn't even a real rumor - it was based on a guy playing around in Photo Shop - the tweet was presented as "what if" scenario and also included Wendell Green in a K-State uniform.

It was indeed weird to use that particular tweet as a vehicle for trashing Yuri.  

43 minutes ago, ACE said:

Yes, it was weird, I'm not a fan of fake news. I'll leave that to the Alex Jones of this board who started the thread. It wasn't even a real rumor - it was based on a guy playing around in Photo Shop - the tweet was presented as "what if" scenario and also included Wendell Green in a K-State uniform.

It was indeed weird to use that particular tweet as a vehicle for trashing Yuri.  

You're more a Jr Courtside without the helpful information about middle school girls soccer.

2 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

You're more a Jr Courtside without the helpful information about middle school girls soccer.

This was the tweet which prompted the thread. It wasn't a real rumor even remotely rooted in reality, in fact he even gave the disclaimer, starting and ending with "what if"

@bigguardbball

A BIG GUARDS DREAM  24hrs to go… what if Yuri Collins uses his covid year in Manhattan KS & is joined by Wendell Green who must sit out due to NCAA transfer rules. After a successful season behind Marquis Nowell, K-State seems to be the place for Small Guards to play #WhatIf

It was so stupid. The author of the thread conveniently didn't even include the twitter post which prompted his foolish post. It was disingenuous. Well, feel free to double down and defend it.

6 hours ago, ACE said:

This was the tweet which prompted the thread. It wasn't a real rumor even remotely rooted in reality, in fact he even gave the disclaimer, starting and ending with "what if"

@bigguardbball

A BIG GUARDS DREAM  24hrs to go… what if Yuri Collins uses his covid year in Manhattan KS & is joined by Wendell Green who must sit out due to NCAA transfer rules. After a successful season behind Marquis Nowell, K-State seems to be the place for Small Guards to play #WhatIf

It was so stupid. The author of the thread conveniently didn't even include the twitter post which prompted his foolish post. It was disingenuous. Well, feel free to double down and defend it.

Ace/Detective always jumping in with half the story.

Here is how I wrote that thread

It is all over the interwebs.  Strangely not a peep here.  Can't believe Courtside didn't have the inside scoop on this rumor?

Most likely destination - K St

Does this make Yuri

Less Likable?

More Likeable?

As Likeable?

Please discuss.

I used the word interwebs, my survey ripped off a scene from seinfeld.  Anybody with a brain could see that the post, like many of mine, was at least partly made in jest.  There were rumors of Yuri going to multiple locations prior to his sr year.  K St was one of them.  If you read the thread you will see the usual "insiders" agreeing with me, even courtside.  Yet 2 years later Ace/Detective keeps bringing up this thread as some proof that I only post here to make up baseless rumors and disinformation.  As the kids say now you are not a serious person.  

10 hours ago, thetorch said:

Ace/Detective always jumping in with half the story.

Here is how I wrote that thread

I used the word interwebs, my survey ripped off a scene from seinfeld.  Anybody with a brain could see that the post, like many of mine, was at least partly made in jest.  There were rumors of Yuri going to multiple locations prior to his sr year.  K St was one of them.  If you read the thread you will see the usual "insiders" agreeing with me, even courtside.  Yet 2 years later Ace/Detective keeps bringing up this thread as some proof that I only post here to make up baseless rumors and disinformation.  As the kids say now you are not a serious person.  

Another lie... your hit job thread was less than a year ago - May 19, 2023 to be exact. The thread you started based on a "dream" and "what if" scenario (fake news) prompted a healthy dose of Yuri bashing - posts which you liked. It was a very extremely disingenuous thread. 

I brought this thread up (from less than a year ago) as further support of a different poster who called out your crap.

“I was hard on Yuri.  In retrospect too hard.” 

—proceeds to dump on Yuri all over again— 😂

If you never posted about Yuri again it wouldn’t be soon enough 

3 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Courtside Jr strikes again. 

Ignore function activate

Yeah, success!!!

It's very telling what you defend and baseless conspiracy theories. I guess I'll call you Alex Jones Jr.