GDT: SLU v. Davidson

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Zero points off turnovers?

Our defense is so bad, it really is something to watch. To see a team consistently give up unguarded 3s off of one pass is just impressive, I’m not even mad. Absolutely no clue on defense, we make it so easy for our opponents. We just hope they miss open 3s or open shots in the paint. The only way for this group to win is to knock down 3s at a high clip and tonight obviously that wasn’t happening.

Rammer called it, stopped waiting on Ford.  No Ford post game interview.  Does he meet with other media after besides Bob & Earl?

Maybe he's telling them that he's resigning and headed off to Berea to hang with his cousin DOC....

Fraz likes this

Don’t change anything. Let Travis’ contract keep renewing forever….everything is looking good. Team getting better, love their grit. Travis will get everything fixed, best recruiter ever. Shane Ford was 100% correct. Also, Chris May can raise money and is a visionary. Incredible leader. Guy is real winner, huge power player in ncaa world. SLU cares about winning. Things are fine. Great effort tonight! 

1 minute ago, slu92 said:

Don’t change anything. Let Travis’ contract keep renewing forever….everything is looking good. Team getting better, love their grit. Travis will get everything fixed, best recruiter ever. Chris May can raise money and is a visionary. Incredible leader. Guy is real winner, huge power player in ncaa world. SLU cares about winning. Things are fine. Great effort tonight! 

It’s Gus, not Guy, c’mon!

2 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

It’s Gus, not Guy, c’mon!

Reminds me of Harry Doyle in Major League..

“One hit, that’s all we got, one GD hit!”

”You can’t say GD on the air!”

”Don't worry nobody is listening anyway.”

Sums up where we are right now. Lol

Fraz and Lord Elrond like this

2 minutes ago, stmdragons said:

He really skipped out on the postgame show? If so, that’s an extremely bad look. Way to take accountability, Travis. 

This is total bs.  You don’t get to just walk away from this garbage.   I wasn’t in favor of removing him inseason but this is not acceptable.  

TRN and stmdragons like this

5 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

This is total bs.  You don’t get to just walk away from this garbage.   I wasn’t in favor of removing him inseason but this is not acceptable.  

Yeah I wanted to hear what he had to say. Righteous indignation is all we have left at this point, but I was denied even that as he didn't emerge in time for the post game interview.

OkieBilliken likes this

Gentlemen:  Medley provides no offense.  Meadows zero.  Hughes zero.  Zhang zero.  Jimerson can't get open.  No plays are ever run for Hargrove.  Parker is a one-on-one+ player.  Thames is a junkyard dog at best.  Only Ezewiro has a game suited for a 4/5 player.  There is no discernable offense.  No one can play man-to-man and they are all lost on any zone.  The bottom lines are twofold: who recruited this mess and who is teaching them the schemes?  I don't see another win all year.  Tonight was it and we lost at home by 20 plus.

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

7 minutes and counting.

Getting run off our by a bad Davidson team.

I hate to say it but I told you so.

I apologize to you. I thought your preseason predictions were crap. But you were / are right on. 

thetorch likes this

3 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

Shows you his true colors. Smells of a bad loser, no class, no accountability at all. All starts with the head coach. The AD, I thought was in witness protection program, but he appeared at half. He’s not going to say a peep any way. Just a bad look and another reason not to wait until after the season. He should do the right thing and quit. Give Harry a shot or Tate. Just the thought of paying Ford millions to leave a job he’s bad at makes me sick. We might not win another game this year and I’m not being cute or funny. It’s as bad as I’ve ever seen it. I’ve got nothing else to say that I haven’t said way too many times. Sorry everyone just want this program to live up to its potential. It has everything in place to be as good as anyone in country except right people making decisions. That’s so frustrating to me. Esp after tonight.

2 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Gentlemen:  Medley provides no offense.  Meadows zero.  Hughes zero.  Zhang zero.  Jimerson can't get open.  No plays are ever run for Hargrove.  Parker is a one-on-one+ player.  Thames is a junkyard dog at best.  Only Ezewiro has a game suited for a 4/5 player.  There is no discernable offense.  No one can play man-to-man and they are all lost on any zone.  The bottom lines are twofold: who recruited this mess and who is teaching them the schemes?  I don't see another win all year.  Tonight was it and we lost at home by 20 plus.

The only thing I question in that was when you said “who is teaching them the schemes?” I see no evidence that there has ever been a scheme once, so I think there are none. Question should be: “Do they even have a scheme to run offensively?”

1 minute ago, willie said:

I apologize to you. I thought your preseason predictions were crap. But you were / are right on. 

You're still here hats off to you. Pre-season predictions, like excitement for recruits are usually positive. That's what we want we're fans give the fans hope that it'll be good.

But I saw the trajectory of this team clearly last year and the root of the issue, Ford. It's all too much like his time at OSU. I don't like being negative and snarky to our own fans. I'd much rather talk smack to fans of other programs. Sadly, I can't right now we're at the bottom of the A10. 

KenPom has SLU projected at 50% or better to win in only 2 remaining games (Fordham 57%, GW 50%).

The Don and Fraz like this

2 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

You're still here hats off to you. Pre-season predictions, like excitement for recruits are usually positive. That's what we want we're fans give the fans hope that it'll be good.

But I saw the trajectory of this team clearly last year and the root of the issue, Ford. It's all too much like his time at OSU. I don't like being negative and snarky to our own fans. I'd much rather talk smack to fans of other programs. Sadly, I can't right now we're at the bottom of the A10. 

KenPom has SLU projected at 50% or better to win in only 2 remaining games (Fordham 57%, GW 50%).

Seems optimistic by KenPom, but I guess we’ll take any hope of winning a game this year at this point

17 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

There is room on the #FireFord train for you. Hop aboard.

17 minutes ago, slu92 said:

Reminds me of Harry Doyle in Major League..

“One hit, that’s all we got, one GD hit!”

”You can’t say GD on the air!”

”Don't worry nobody is listening anyway.”

Sums up where we are right now. Lol

Nadir night of the Ford era, seriously. Just respect yourself and resign. He’s a good person and should end the slow torture.

4 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I thought this would be a bad year. I never thought it would be this bad.

This is a lost recruiting class. These 6 guys are awful. Only Ezewiro can play and he is good for 15 mins max. Exhausted, fat, out of shape.

This is a lost recruiting class. All of these.guys have to go.

3 minutes ago, Soderball said:

I thought this would be a bad year. I never thought it would be this bad.

This is a lost recruiting class. These 6 guys are awful. Only Ezewiro can play and he is good for 15 mins max. Exhausted, fat, out of shape.

This is a lost recruiting class. All of these.guys have to go.

Disagree. The talent level is way better  than the Crews era, but they’re so undisciplined —another foul on the three point attempt! — it goes to waste.

1 minute ago, VeniceMenace said:

Disagree. The talent level is way better  than the Crews era, but they’re so undisciplined —another foul on the three point attempt! — it goes to waste.

Talent is better. But coaching this year is equal .