Join A Grassroots Movement for Change of AD and MBB Coach

TheA_Bomb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, GoSluBills said:

So if it’s $10mill after this year, does that mean the auto renewal wasn’t stopped after last year’s disaster? Jeeezus

I think it would be $12.5 m if he got the auto renewal.  My understanding is he was always getting the 5th year before.   

GoSluBills likes this

• 2 weeks later...

Former Arizona AD is now available. He has some great experience with the transition of AZ to B12, the TV deal renegotiation, was AD of CMU and assistant AD at Oregon. From cbssports.com:

"Heeke led a handful of coaching searches that included hiring Gonzaga assistant Tommy Lloyd as the Wildcats' men's basketball coach in 2021. In 2020 brought in New England Patriots quarterback coach Jedd Fisch to replace Kevin Sumlin. Most recently, he tabbed San Jose State's Brent Brennan to replace Fisch after he took the vacant job at Washington."

2 really good hires. Fisch was an unusual hire that absolutely killed it. Lloyd doing well now too.

2 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Former Arizona AD is now available. He has some great experience with the transition of AZ to B12, the TV deal renegotiation, was AD of CMU and assistant AD at Oregon. From cbssports.com:

"Heeke led a handful of coaching searches that included hiring Gonzaga assistant Tommy Lloyd as the Wildcats' men's basketball coach in 2021. In 2020 brought in New England Patriots quarterback coach Jedd Fisch to replace Kevin Sumlin. Most recently, he tabbed San Jose State's Brent Brennan to replace Fisch after he took the vacant job at Washington."

2 really good hires. Fisch was an unusual hire that absolutely killed it. Lloyd doing well now too.

He was fired for giving out a bad contract.  

16 minutes ago, wgstl said:

He was fired for giving out a bad contract.  

So he learned a lesson. 

Was it the Fisch contract that he was able to go without a big buy out?  If so, I don't blame him for that at all. It was a out of the box hire, NFL QB coach to HC so you'd want to have a lower buyout in case it didn't work out. Now it could be said that he should've renegotiated once it looked like Fisch was the real deal but the AZ was really good exceeding expectations.

1 minute ago, TheA_Bomb said:

So he learned a lesson. 

Was it the Fisch contract that he was able to go without a big buy out?  If so, I don't blame him for that at all. It was a out of the box hire, NFL QB coach to HC so you'd want to have a lower buyout in case it didn't work out. Now it could be said that he should've renegotiated once it looked like Fisch was the real deal but the AZ was really good exceeding expectations.

TBH im not sure what it was over.  And I agree as far as hires go, he's made some good ones. I just don't think May is even remotely close to being Fired. I do Think Ford is likely gone, worst case 100% gone after next year, but I just don't see it from May.  I don't think the university takes sports serious enough for that. 

slu92 and billiken_roy like this

Per Brett McMurphy, Heeke was fired for "financial & operational mismanagement, resulting in an athletic department financial 'disaster,' loss of major donors & mishandling of former coach Jedd Fisch's contract".

5 hours ago, sludevil said:

Per Brett McMurphy, Heeke was fired for "financial & operational mismanagement, resulting in an athletic department financial 'disaster,' loss of major donors & mishandling of former coach Jedd Fisch's contract".

If SLU hired A-bombs choice for AD the “we gotcha” guy would have a field day with his administration. 

MB73 likes this

13 minutes ago, DOC said:

If SLU hired A-bombs choice for AD the “we gotcha” guy would have a field day with his administration. 

Keep trying one day you'll type a coherent sentence. Like those million monkeys with a million keyboards eventually they'll write Shakespeare.

I guess rural KY got the power back on huh.

41 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Keep trying one day you'll type a coherent sentence. Like those million monkeys with a million keyboards eventually they'll write Shakespeare.

I'm just here for the feud between you and Doc at this point lol.

Fraz likes this

personally i dont think slu has the quality education on the level to be considered a typical D3 school.    

46 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

personally i dont think slu has the quality education on the level to be considered a typical D3 school.    

Fire Pestello?

JMM28 likes this

3 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Hire Heeke. 

9 hours ago, sludevil said:

A-bomb you can name call me all you want, but this is the guy you said we should get. Hire Heeke! 

MB73 likes this

9 minutes ago, DOC said:

A-bomb you can name call me all you want, but this is the guy you said we should get. Hire Heeke! 

Just throwing names out. But good job deflecting from the complete failure of your home boy Ford.

You got scared when we postulated a means to fire Ford for cause; you worried he won't continue to help with your double-wide payments? Cost of rent going up in Radcliffe.

1 hour ago, willie said:

Damn Roy. You have gone to the dark side. 

Where was slu ranked in the past overall in the past compared to present?

Compare slu ranking to D3 school Wash U or how about my daughter's alma mater D3 Rose Hulman.   Not even close.

The only thing that's gotten better for slu is the untouched never used endowment fund.   I guess we can brag about that

21 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Where was slu ranked in the past overall in the past compared to present?

Compare slu ranking to D3 school Wash U or how about my daughter's alma mater D3 Rose Hulman.   Not even close.

The only thing that's gotten better for slu is the untouched never used endowment fund.   I guess we can brag about that

You just picked 2 of the better schools in the country. I think our rankings have been about the same for the last decade or so. I have no illusions that we are the Harvard of the Midwest but it is still a pretty good university with a few excellent programs.