GDT: SLU v. Utah St.

SluSignGuy

3 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Dear Fan/Message Board Police,

Steve already addressed your concern by giving the message board the ignore function.  Feel free to use it so you don't have to read criticisms of Coach Ford or AD May.

Sincerely, 

Disgruntled Fan

You don't get it, do you.  No one is saying they don't want to read your repetitive posts (although a little originality would be nice).  The issue is you and the rest of the "We Hate Ford, May and SLU" posters hijack every thread. Some of us do like to talk about basketball.

What we are asking is for you and your followers to simply color inside the lines.  It really isn't that hard. 

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Billfan7 said:

I am pretty sure it was Dalger. I believe Ford yanked him after that and told the staff something to the effect of "Dont let me put him back in."

Dalger is just not a good player. For a senior to do some of the stuff he does is absurd.

he plays hard, there's effort there, and i get that's why a lot of fans like him. However he does stuff like.. fire the ball into the bottom of the rim on a critical end-game play against Dartmouth. Terrible turnovers, blown layups.. he just has no skills.

36 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

You don't get it, do you.  No one is saying they don't want to read your repetitive posts (although a little originality would be nice).  The issue is you and the rest of the "We Hate Ford, May and SLU" posters hijack every thread. Some of us do like to talk about basketball.

What we are asking is for you and your followers to simply color inside the lines.  It really isn't that hard. 

I do get it that you want to tell me what I can say and how to be a fan.  Message Board police.  My views and those of others don't line up with yours so you don't like it, so you whine to the moderator.

So nah. Not going to stop.  Perhaps stop engaging me on it, stop the "stop" posts.  Like I said, there's an ignore function that can cure your issue. I make legitimate criticisms of a School that I have 2 degrees from and have supported in many ways (I was at the NCAA Track Championship this year cheering on our 1 athlete), I've been on Billikens.com since 1997. So I don't need you, Pal, to tell me how to fan or to post.

You are the one that doesn't get it. Maybe one day you'll figure out how the internet and message boards work. It's not going to be how you think it should work.

42 minutes ago, Soderball said:

Dalger is just not a good player. For a senior to do some of the stuff he does is absurd.

he plays hard, there's effort there, and i get that's why a lot of fans like him. However he does stuff like.. fire the ball into the bottom of the rim on a critical end-game play against Dartmouth. Terrible turnovers, blown layups.. he just has no skills.

Dalger and van Bussel were arguing with each other during one of the last time outs.

21 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I do get it that you want to tell me what I can say and how to be a fan.  Message Board police.  My views and those of others don't line up with yours so you don't like it, so you whine to the moderator.

So nah. Not going to stop.  Perhaps stop engaging me on it, stop the "stop" posts.  Like I said, there's an ignore function that can cure your issue. I make legitimate criticisms of a School that I have 2 degrees from and have supported in many ways (I was at the NCAA Track Championship this year cheering on our 1 athlete), I've been on Billikens.com since 1997. So I don't need you, Pal, to tell me how to fan or to post.

You are the one that doesn't get it. Maybe one day you'll figure out how the internet and message boards work. It's not going to be how you think it should work.

Once upon a time, in my youth i was an Uncle Brad defender. Rick Majerus showed me the way and to not put up with failure & mediocrity. Then I saw Jim Crews and realized just how ugly things can get when the decisionmakers are asleep. I do not want to go back there. We are headed back there.

JMM28 and Westy03 like this

25 minutes ago, Soderball said:

Once upon a time, in my youth i was an Uncle Brad defender. Rick Majerus showed me the way and to not put up with failure & mediocrity. Then I saw Jim Crews and realized just how ugly things can get when the decisionmakers are asleep. I do not want to go back there. We are headed back there.

I feel ya.  You know it's not who you defend or don't defend.  But telling other people how to post and going so far as to whine about it is just next level BS. Very obtuse.

4 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

No you don't get it.  I don't give a ratsass on what you post.  I am commenting on Where you post.  Go back and read the posts which you obviously haven't.  Keep posting, just don't try to hijack decent threads.  Is that too much to ask?  (Or if you must hijack everything, try posting something new.) 

I go back to the Grawer era.  If that means anything.  I have three idiots on Ignore, and not because I don't agree with their agenda's. 

billikenbill likes this

13 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

No you don't get it.  I don't give a ratsass on what you post.  I am commenting on Where you post.  Go back and read the posts which you obviously haven't.  Keep posting, just don't try to hijack decent threads.  Is that too much to ask?  (Or if you must hijack everything, try posting something new.) 

I go back to the Grawer era.  If that means anything.  I have three idiots on Ignore, and not because I don't agree with their agenda's. 

image.jpeg.c86585dd9c25cf701a2f233a17773c29.jpeg

25 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

bobby-knight-coach-knight.gif

Fan pressure/opinion is one of the main drivers of decision making in college athletics.  I doubt Texas A&M was thrilled about paying jimbo fisher $70mil+ to buy him out, but their fans would’ve rioted had they kept him any longer.  To stay silent on Ford is to be complicit in this program’s slow painful death.  Seems to be exactly what Chris May wants…. So no, we wont and shouldn’t keep quiet. Ford’s repeated failures should be the predominant talking point of this board until he is fired or shows he can fix them (he hasn’t fixed them in 8 years here, don’t imagine that’s coming any time soon).  We are all here because we love SLU hoops, to sit on our hands and act like this program isn’t in disastrous shape with Ford at the helm is outrageous.  I won’t do it. 

slufan13, TheA_Bomb and JMM28 like this

7 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

Fan pressure/opinion is one of the main drivers of decision making in college athletics.  I doubt Texas A&M was thrilled about paying jimbo fisher $70mil+ to buy him out, but their fans would’ve rioted had they kept him any longer.  To stay silent on Ford is to be complicit in this program’s slow painful death.  Seems to be exactly what Chris May wants…. So no, we wont and shouldn’t keep quiet. Ford’s repeated failures should be the predominant talking point of this board until he is fired or shows he can fix them (he hasn’t fixed them in 8 years here, don’t imagine that’s coming any time soon).  We are all here because we love SLU hoops, to sit on our hands and act like this program isn’t in disastrous shape with Ford at the helm is outrageous.  I won’t do it. 

Reading other A-10 fan accounts discover that Ford has never won a game versus a ranked opponent( even against a conference foe) in the 8 years he’s been SLU‘S head coach is both hilarious and depressing:

17 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Dear Fan/Message Board Police,

Steve already addressed your concern by giving the message board the ignore function.  Feel free to use it so you don't have to read criticisms of Coach Ford or AD May.

Sincerely, 

Disgruntled Fan

Sure I can always block posters.  But I thought I would suggest a compromise.  You have a legitimate grievance.  But it's against Coach Ford and Chris May.  It's not against me.  This is similar to me being angry at my boss and taking it out on my friends.  My friends didn't do anything to me.

I don't want to block you.  I think your anger has just got the best of you.  I'll just wait for the old A_Bomb to come back.

On 11/28/2023 at 7:41 PM, TRN said:

Yep, Odom left for VCU late and he had to rebuild the roster.  And Craig Smith was the coach before him there, he went to Utah.  Quite a contrast in coaches the last 5 years between schools.

Yea, when Sprinkle was out getting viable transfers, Ford was sitting by the phone 24/7 waiting for Malcolm Danridge to call.