How much would you pay?

I realize this isn’t strictly speaking Billiken sports related, but since the Billiken’s are all vacationing right now, with the kind indulgence of our esteemed moderator, I will post this. 

Just looked on SeatGeek, and for the Inter Miami game at CityPark on July 15th, someone is asking $4500 for one seat to the game in the resale market. All reports say Messi’s first game for Inter Miami will be July 22nd against Club Azul in a Leagues cup match. All other tickets in the lower west side of the stadium near the center are going for $1000 each minimum. Not saying anyone got that much, but that’s what the asking price is. How much would you pay for a seat to a game Messi isn’t expected to play in (heck, if he’s not playing, he may just stay in Miami.)?

11 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

I realize this isn’t strictly speaking Billiken sports related, but since the Billiken’s are all vacationing right now, with the kind indulgence of our esteemed moderator, I will post this. 

Just looked on SeatGeek, and for the Inter Miami game at CityPark on July 15th, someone is asking $4500 for one seat to the game in the resale market. All reports say Messi’s first game for Inter Miami will be July 22nd against Club Azul in a Leagues cup match. All other tickets in the lower west side of the stadium near the center are going for $1000 each minimum. Not saying anyone got that much, but that’s what the asking price is. How much would you pay for a seat to a game Messi isn’t expected to play in (heck, if he’s not playing, he may just stay in Miami.)?

$99. That’s what our season tickets cost. 

I guess I’m getting old or cheap or most likely a combination of both but I have a tough time paying a hundred bucks for any ticket to any event. 
In my late teens and twenties I saw a lot of kick ass concerts, World Series games, NFL and NHL playoff games, EPL matches in the US, big time boxing, and big time college football and never paid 100 dollars for a ticket.

That makes it hard for me to do it now. That and the fact I’m not buying one ticket any more I’m buying at least 2 and most likely 4. 

Thanks for the non Billiken related post. It was needed. 

No more than $100 if I had even a slight feeling he would play.  I never pay more than $100 to see man city play, and there’s far better talent around. 

The problem seems to be the reliance on the secondary sales market.  My wife wanted to see Lady Gaga at the football stadium in HersheyPark.  I had to go the secondary sales route and ended up paying something like $168/seat.  There were like 40,000 people there and the concert was good but the frolicking in the stands was even more entertaining.  Now she wants to see Pink and my options are baseball stadiums in Pittsburgh, Philly or DC.  That's over 45,000 seats per venue and the cheapest I can find is like over $300 per pop.  Where does one get direct ticket sales?  Ticketmaster is a racket, posting cheaper seats overall but then adding in excess of $100 per seat for "fees."  What fees?  I download tickets to my Apple wallet.  What kind of fee does that require?  Screw that.

My love of soccer is well documented.  I wouldn't pay a dime for any soccer seat and if given freebies, likely not even go.

dlarry likes this

18 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

The problem seems to be the reliance on the secondary sales market.  My wife wanted to see Lady Gaga at the football stadium in HersheyPark.  I had to go the secondary sales route and ended up paying something like $168/seat.  There were like 40,000 people there and the concert was good but the frolicking in the stands was even more entertaining.  Now she wants to see Pink and my options are baseball stadiums in Pittsburgh, Philly or DC.  That's over 45,000 seats per venue and the cheapest I can find is like over $300 per pop.  Where does one get direct ticket sales?  Ticketmaster is a racket, posting cheaper seats overall but then adding in excess of $100 per seat for "fees."  What fees?  I download tickets to my Apple wallet.  What kind of fee does that require?  Screw that.

My love of soccer is well documented.  I wouldn't pay a dime for any soccer seat and if given freebies, likely not even go.

Your prices are peanuts to what Taylor Swift tickets go for. 

Not to hijack, but Taj, your post triggered me. I bought a ticket to see The Boss at Chaifetz a few years back. I had crappy DSL at the time and had a bit of trouble getting and staying online right when they went on sale.

My first rant: Tickets were being offered on the secondary market (by TicketBastard who was the primary seller) even while they were not completely sold out in the first hour of sale, at 2 and 3 times face value. So I knew I had to hurry, and couldn't be too picky.

My second rant: I found a seat in 105 and purchased it, I want to say a bit under 200 bucks. (I'm not sure about the price, but at the time, it was the most I ever spent on a single ticket to anything. Sports, music, drama, anything. This was around Xmas time for a show in the spring I think. I got a confirmation that said (paraphrasing) "to combat scalping, your ticket will be available early in the new year." I thought fine, I don't care. I even sat in the seat one night before a Bill's game to check out the view.

A few days later, I got a notice from my credit card of a refund and it turned out to be my ticket purchase. I emailed TicketBastard and was eventually told (paraphrasing) "someone using your credentials asked for refund and it was granted." It was clearly an inside job (I even had reset the password when I bought the ticket) but I just decided to let it go. By then I think tickets were selling for 4 times face.

Even though I still have to use you, "Fuok you TicketBastard where the sun don't shine!"

And I still haven't seen The Boss. End of rant. I guess I did hijack the thread a bit, apologies.

dlarry likes this

13 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Bots buy up all the seats right when they go on sale so your only option is to pay resale prices. Wife wanted to see SZA in Chicago and we had to pay $250+ for 300 level seats at United Center. And don’t get me started on the Beyoncé ticket prices for when she comes to the Dome in August, but at least we were able to get those directly. 

13 hours ago, wgstl said:

No more than $100 if I had even a slight feeling he would play.  I never pay more than $100 to see man city play, and there’s far better talent around. 

Seeing Messi play in person is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for someone like me that’s never even been to Europe, but anything more than $250 a ticket will be a no from me

15 minutes ago, DirtyRican said:

We have our $118 2nd row (5) tickets on Seat Geek for $850 per just to see if anyone is dumb enough to pay it. 

That’s definitely the play. 
Lot of idiots out there. Hopefully you catch one. 

27 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

Seeing Messi play in person is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for someone like me that’s never even been to Europe, but anything more than $250 a ticket will be a no from me

Ya its obviously subject to the person. Im not one to spend a lot on tickets for really anything. But im dumb enough to spend a lot of money to get to events in which the tickets are cheap..so, tomato tamato

14 minutes ago, Band Legend said:

The real question is how much would you pay for Final Four tix if the Billikens are one of the four.  My wife's answer and my answer would be radically different.

What does the average week on a cruise cost? That's what I would pay for the weekend.

21 minutes ago, Band Legend said:

The real question is how much would you pay for Final Four tix if the Billikens are one of the four.  My wife's answer and my answer would be radically different.

The answer to that is "whatever it takes" because that has the potential of being a once-in-a-fandom event. 

As someone who has seen pretty much all the big sports and some other bucketlist sport stuff. Being apart of the spectacle at Citypark week in and week out has been priceless. Getting season tickets for them has been one of the best decisions I've made. Feels good to have at least one winner right now in the city. If you're into sports I very much recommend bringing the family/friends down to a game this season to experience this crazy ride no matter the cost.

But ya the messi ticket price fiasco is happening all over the MLS. It's nuts. 

And yes I'm shelling out whatever it takes to see SLU in the final four.