Ugly day for a10 bball

davidson struggles at home at against a 4-7 sc upstate 

Richmond beats a 1 win Buffalo team at home by 9

Joeys down 11 to cofC

fordham lost to ccsu

GW beat alcorn by 4

rhody lost to UNH

• 2 weeks later...

A-10 8-1 so far today against D-1 teams. Only casualty was a shocking upset of The Steel Six of LaSalle as they succumbed at home to Howard, 71-66.

35 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Why do we have such a long stretch without a game? 

So our coach could host a b-day party for his son, everyone could get COVID again, but still have a few days to recover. Obviously

34 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

This is a nice touch, I used to organize fraternity parties at a place in South City you could pay extra and Ernie the proprietor and DJ would include a light show. Night Ranger, "Sister Christian" with a light show is moving (especially after about 8 shots of Cuervo).

Just another thing our AD isn't doing. Light shows!  I didn't know we needed it until now. 

The Mighty Explorers of LaSalle, down a key starter in Anwar Gill, withstand multiple Fordham rallies and the raucous Rams’ crowd, to steal an 82-77 road victory. Fran Dunphy = Legend!!

1 hour ago, billikenbill said:

The Mighty Explorers of LaSalle, down a key starter in Anwar Gill, withstand multiple Fordham rallies and the raucous Rams’ crowd, to steal an 82-77 road victory. Fran Dunphy = Legend!!

What do you think Taj?

I think Fordham is a bad team.  They rode two scorers last year who are gone.  La Salle is still the same …. Brickus and Brantley with a little help from Shepherd.  But the really bad thought?  Both look at least twice as good as us.  Watched Geedubya beat VCU in Richmond.  We can’t play with them either.

@willie: La Salle got smoked at St. Joes.  Why only ask me about them when they win wills?  Fun Phy is a great coach and he is playing a man down w/o Anton Gill but Gill ain’t THAT good.  They played a weak OOC.

Have had the chance to watch Duquesne a few times.  Dumb basketball team with low basketball IQ.  Clark and Grant shoot way too much and Mahorcic is awful.  Tre Williams playing out the season quite disinterested.  But we get them at Palumbo.

Davidson looks like a basketball team from the Deep South pre-integration.  Not good when Grant Huffman is your go-to guy.

Fordham plays good defense.  The Bonnie’s are still searching for themselves.  Still think this goes Dayton/Joes/Bonnies but VCU has some good athletes and Geedubya has two good freshmen in Johnson and (some 6’7” guy who’s name start with Bee).  We already lost to Mason.  We are a PIG team for sure —-likely with La Salle there Willie.

TheA_Bomb likes this

35 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

@willie: La Salle got smoked at St. Joes.  Why only ask me about them when they win wills?  Fun Phy is a great coach and he is playing a man down w/o Anton Gill but Gill ain’t THAT good.  They played a weak OOC.

Have had the chance to watch Duquesne a few times.  Dumb basketball team with low basketball IQ.  Clark and Grant shoot way too much and Mahorcic is awful.  Tre Williams playing out the season quite disinterested.  But we get them at Palumbo.

Davidson looks like a basketball team from the Deep South pre-integration.  Not good when Grant Huffman is your go-to guy.

Fordham plays good defense.  The Bonnie’s are still searching for themselves.  Still think this goes Dayton/Joes/Bonnies but VCU has some good athletes and Geedubya has two good freshmen in Johnson and (some 6’7” guy who’s name start with Bee).  We already lost to Mason.  We are a PIG team for sure —-likely with La Salle there Willie.

It took you awhile for this

@willie:  Mrs. Taj and I went down with COVID some time after New Year's Eve.  Have no clue where it came from.  And it wasn't the cheap COVID, it was the heavy duty kind.  Took the full ten days quarantine and then some, expecially fore her.  She's still fighting deep rooted coughs.  

I'm back but the fatigue was so much it made me not care to post much.  That and the fact the board is pretty much unreadable and constantly combative tells me I don't need this shite.  Piss ants hiding behind the anonymity of a message board going all bravado on other folks is pretty useless and juvenile.  Why share my amazing insights here (wink-wink).  

On the national scale, the A10 is a bunch of middling to low D1 players, including Dayton.  Some will say (Jeff Rothstein) that their OOC record was great, something like a .669 winning percentage.  I say go look at who they played.  They lost every game of consequence with ranked teams except the Joeys beating Villanova.  And that's a rivalry game.  I don't see the A10 getting more than one bid unless Dayton runs the regular season table and then gets upset in Brooklyn.  But Dayton is a loooooong way from running the table and DaRon Holmes is no Obi Toppin.

22 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

@willie:  Mrs. Taj and I went down with COVID some time after New Year's Eve.  Have no clue where it came from.  And it wasn't the cheap COVID, it was the heavy duty kind.  Took the full ten days quarantine and then some, expecially fore her.  She's still fighting deep rooted coughs.  

I'm back but the fatigue was so much it made me not care to post much.  That and the fact the board is pretty much unreadable and constantly combative tells me I don't need this shite.  Piss ants hiding behind the anonymity of a message board going all bravado on other folks is pretty useless and juvenile.  Why share my amazing insights here (wink-wink).  

On the national scale, the A10 is a bunch of middling to low D1 players, including Dayton.  Some will say (Jeff Rothstein) that their OOC record was great, something like a .669 winning percentage.  I say go look at who they played.  They lost every game of consequence with ranked teams except the Joeys beating Villanova.  And that's a rivalry game.  I don't see the A10 getting more than one bid unless Dayton runs the regular season table and then gets upset in Brooklyn.  But Dayton is a loooooong way from running the table and DaRon Holmes is no Obi Toppin.

Glad you are better. Now if we can improve your basketball insight. wink wink 

The A10 really isn’t very good this year. Collectively, the A10 is 5-27 against Q1 teams per the NET ratings. The only teams in the A10 who have won a Q1 level game are Dayton (won 3), Richmond (won 1) and, interestingly enough, Fordham (won 1).  

6 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

The A10 really isn’t very good this year. Collectively, the A10 is 5-27 against Q1 teams per the NET ratings. The only teams in the A10 who have won a Q1 level game are Dayton (won 3), Richmond (won 1) and, interestingly enough, Fordham (won 1).  

I think that's really why this season shows our weakness right now as a program. We're toward the bottom in a conference where everyone is having a pretty poor year, relatively speaking.

Another game in Dayton where the visiting coach gets in the middle of the play because he’s too far on the court.  Refs need to start a zero tolerance policy and dole out technicals. Maybe getting ejected will manage jokers that can’t stay on the sideline.  A player is going to get hurt.