johnbj14

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Refs were fine. This board needs to learn the charge rule. Good God

I understand what you are saying, but just because a guy is driving with his shoulder down does not make it a charge every time.  There is an interplay between feet being set or position being established and the ball handler's momentum.  Most of the charges against Yuri and our other guys were made because a Bonnie jumped right in front of them.  That is a charge, even if the shoulder is down.

1 minute ago, cgeldmacher said:

Frankly, I would love to meet the Bonnies in the A-10 Championship game.  I think we beat them in third matchup.

We don’t match up well with Bona. They’re quicker and experienced, we struggle to guard them, and they have the big eraser in the middle. 

BigMouthBilliken and Schasz like this

Good effort from the guys in the second half, and I’ll definitely give Ford some credit for that.  Doesn’t take away from the really disappointing first half though… just gotta win in Brooklyn now. 

Refs were atrocious, but I’ve just come to expect that in A10 play. We are never gonna get any respect being from Missouri in an Atlantic coast league. Dayton for some unknown reason has been adopted as an honorary east coast school by the powers that be.  Not sure if the reffing would be any better in the Big East, but at least it’s not a perennial 1-2 bid league. 

1 minute ago, gobillsgo said:

Good effort from the guys in the second half, and I’ll definitely give Ford some credit for that.  Doesn’t take away from the really disappointing first half though… just gotta win in Brooklyn now. 

Refs were atrocious, but I’ve just come to expect that in A10 play. We are never gonna get any respect being from Missouri in an Atlantic coast league. Dayton for some unknown reason has been adopted as an honorary east coast school by the powers that be.  Not sure if the reffing would be any better in the Big East, but at least it’s not a perennial 1-2 bid league. 

Loyola made a bad decision then.

Central time zone discrimination?

24 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I understand what you are saying, but just because a guy is driving with his shoulder down does not make it a charge every time.  There is an interplay between feet being set or position being established and the ball handler's momentum.  Most of the charges against Yuri and our other guys were made because a Bonnie jumped right in front of them.  That is a charge, even if the shoulder is down.

If they’re both moving like on the Nesbitt play, it is not a charge. That defender must give the guy with the ball the ability to get his feet down. Moreover the Bona defender had not established position, as required by the rule. That play is never called a charge on the Offense first West Coast.

Are you implying that the refs are hitting SLU with bad calls because of the geographic location of our school? 

3 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

The Big East has referee professionals. 

1 minute ago, glazedandconfused said:

Are you implying that the refs are hitting SLU with bad calls because of the geographic location of our school? 

Am I implying that there may be an inherent refereeing bias toward Atlantic Coast schools in the ATLANTIC 10?  Uh yeah… have you watched any SLU basketball in the last 14 or so years?

Feel much better about this game than Bonnie#1 game.   good response from Nesbitt Gibby and Thatch after having tough games on Round1.  Bigs struggled tonight but that happens.  All focus now on A10 tournament where it's anyone's tournament. 

3 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Am I implying that there may be an inherent refereeing bias toward Atlantic Coast schools in the ATLANTIC 10?  Uh yeah… have you watched any SLU basketball in the last 14 or so years?

It’s been this way since SLU parked itself in 2005 in this East Coast bus league. 

The problem is SLU has nowhere better and available to go.