GDT Men’s soccer vs LIU

slufanskip

17 minutes ago, bauman said:

Skip or Courtside,  any guess on the attendance?

I’m not there as I’m not in town but watching on TV it’s packed. I was at the Indiana record setting game and honestly don’t remember this much overflow. People standing all over

laker119 likes this

The really unfortunate thing is that we came THIS close to hosting next weekend.  We were in the stands following the Duke/UCLA game that ended right as our game started.  UCLA was up 1-0 virtually the whole game.  Had they held on, we would've hosted UCLA next weekend.  #7 Duke scored in the 87th and 89th minutes to win 2-1.  So we travel to Duke next weekend.  I think we could've broken todays attendance weekend again next week (weather pending).

Worth noting, if we can get past Duke, and if (BIG IF) Washington loses tonight or next week, we could host the elite 8 game with a trip to the final 4 on the line.  A lot has to happen, but fingers crossed.

10 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

I know, I didn’t mean it as a criticism of the basketball program. I meant it as a recklessly optimistic/hopeful prediction for the basketball season. 

Oh, I didn’t take it as a criticism of the basketball.  It is just amazing how successful the soccer program has been and it is great to see them return to national prominence.

NoCoBillsFan and drkelsey55 like this

15 hours ago, philliken said:

The really unfortunate thing is that we came THIS close to hosting next weekend.  We were in the stands following the Duke/UCLA game that ended right as our game started.  UCLA was up 1-0 virtually the whole game.  Had they held on, we would've hosted UCLA next weekend.  #7 Duke scored in the 87th and 89th minutes to win 2-1.  So we travel to Duke next weekend.  I think we could've broken todays attendance weekend again next week (weather pending).

Worth noting, if we can get past Duke, and if (BIG IF) Washington loses tonight or next week, we could host the elite 8 game with a trip to the final 4 on the line.  A lot has to happen, but fingers crossed.

Honestly, we should have been hosting a Sweet 16 game regardless of the outcome of other games, but we were shafted a bit with the 10th overall seed instead of something 8 or higher.  Another home game next weekend after the performance they put on yesterday would have been packed & absolutely crazy.

A home game Elite 8 matchup versus Indiana would be even more nuts.  Two most decorated soccer programs in the County for a trip to the Final Four.  It's the equivalent of Duke or UNC vs Kentucky or UCLA in basketball.  Definitely rooting for Indiana to upset Washington so this scenario can play out.

slufanskip likes this

11 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Honestly, we should have been hosting a Sweet 16 game regardless of the outcome of other games, but we were shafted a bit with the 10th overall seed instead of something 8 or higher.  Another home game next weekend after the performance they put on yesterday would have been packed & absolutely crazy.

A home game Elite 8 matchup versus Indiana would be even more nuts.  Two most decorated soccer programs in the County for a trip to the Final Four.  It's the equivalent of Duke or UNC vs Kentucky or UCLA in basketball.  Definitely rooting for Indiana to upset Washington so this scenario can play out.

They would most likely need to bring in extra seating for a home game vs Indiana. They could have used seating behind the goal yesterday, add in - bigger game, Indiana fans traveling and locally connected players and an associate head coach you’re looking at 9k+ easily. 

the only issue I had yesterday and I went into it a bit on the podcast is, if you’re going to try to pack the stadium like that, you need to bring some ushers over from Chaifetz. 

slufanskip and Gremio14 like this