Jump to content

The Bills and Davidson..The winner is.....


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Littlebill said:

UMMMMMM Goodwin at 53% and Collins at 56%

I think there will be a much larger difference at the end of the year.  JG is a 53% FT shooter.  I think YC is much better and will continue to improve as the season goes along.  Just a hunch.  I think Yuri was decent from the line in HS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bauman said:

I think there will be a much larger difference at the end of the year.  JG is a 53% FT shooter.  I think YC is much better and will continue to improve as the season goes along.  Just a hunch.  I think Yuri was decent from the line in HS.

I agree. Anybody who can knock down 2 with 5 seconds left down 1 against one of the top teams in the country on ESPN is going to be nailssszzzzzz

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bauman said:

Agree as long as those going to the FT line are named Perkins, Hargrove, Jacobs or Collins.

perkins, hargrove and collins all over 70% collins is down with goodwin in the mid 50% range

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we defend Davidson's 5 out Motion Offense better than they can defend our Interior Post game?

Collins is scoring at the same clip in conference as Grady, 14.4 ppg.  Who said they were a two man team?  Coach Ford will have defending Collins in his game plan.

The Davidson boards say Frampton has left school.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Can we defend Davidson's 5 out Motion Offense better than they can defend our Interior Post game?

Collins is scoring at the same clip in conference as Grady, 14.4 ppg.  Who said they were a two man team?  Coach Ford will have defending Collins in his game plan.

The Davidson boards say Frampton has left school.  

Frampton did leave school. Grades is the rumor 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I said they are a two-man team.  I also said Carter Collins is having a great year.   I guarantee you that if you shut down Grady and JAG, you will win no matter who you are, Carter Collins notwithstanding.  Doing so is the rub.  If you lose to Davidson because of Brajkovic, Collins, or the Jones twins, well, you deserve to lose.  Fordham shuts down JAG last game and they win.  

The defensive onus is going to focus on whoever is covering Grady and JAG.  I don't know who that will be.  I suspect Collins gets JAG because it will be PG on PG so my fear there is our freshman will get schooled.  Potter did it to him and he's not the defending A10 POY.  That leaves who?  Goodwin on Grady?  I'd put Jacobs on him to start. Wear him down some and keep Goodwin foul free.  Because Grady will draw a few.  Irrespective of that, the other three defenders must do what must be done so the other slugs don't go off.  McKillop can't hac-a-Hasahn because he has no front line to begin with.  I doubt he puts Brajkovicv on French because that is the one front court player he can't afford to lose.

Feel free to offer your personnel analysis at any time, Pal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Taj79 said:

I said they are a two-man team.  I also said Carter Collins is having a great year.   I guarantee you that if you shut down Grady and JAG, you will win no matter who you are, Carter Collins notwithstanding.  Doing so is the rub.  If you lose to Davidson because of Brajkovic, Collins, or the Jones twins, well, you deserve to lose.  Fordham shuts down JAG last game and they win.  

The defensive onus is going to focus on whoever is covering Grady and JAG.  I don't know who that will be.  I suspect Collins gets JAG because it will be PG on PG so my fear there is our freshman will get schooled.  Potter did it to him and he's not the defending A10 POY.  That leaves who?  Goodwin on Grady?  I'd put Jacobs on him to start. Wear him down some and keep Goodwin foul free.  Because Grady will draw a few.  Irrespective of that, the other three defenders must do what must be done so the other slugs don't go off.  McKillop can't hac-a-Hasahn because he has no front line to begin with.  I doubt he puts Brajkovicv on French because that is the one front court player he can't afford to lose.

Feel free to offer your personnel analysis at any time, Pal.

this is a very good post Taj.   i said before, we dont really match up with grady and JAG.   we can maybe stop one but not both.   this is a game that jacobs can make a name for himself, not because of his scoring but because he is athletic enough to cover one and let goodwin cover the other.   if that doesnt happen i fear one or the other will go crazy.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lines for tonight:

Bonaventure (+15.5) at Dayton

La Salle (+9) at Richmond

Bills (+3) at Davidson'

GeeDubya (-3.5) at Fordham

Umass (+6.5) at Mason

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Frampton did leave school. Grades is the rumor 

Frampton is from Poca, West Virginia near Huntington (HS nickname is the Dots, which is delightful) and has kind of a unique story.

His dad's cancer returned (it claimed one of his legs as a young man) when Luke was in 8th grade and he died the next year. His oldest brother has cerebral palsy, mental impairment, and is blind and needs around-the-clock care. He sat his first year at Davidson after rupturing his ACL in a preseason workout.

People probably forget that he was by far Davidson's 3-point leader last season as a RS freshman, hitting 100 for the year at a .376 clip. He was a key piece this year and one of the reasons I thought Davidson would be better.

Maybe it was grades - Davidson is an incredibly rigorous school academically, and even an all-academic National Honor Society kid like Frampton could struggle there - but it might've been homesickness or something else along those lines. Dude has a lot on his plate. It's also true that you don't see a lot of WV players go far from home (Davidson is about 4 hours away).

WVU fans also think they can land him. Not sure that will bear out; Morgantown is almost 3 hours away and Marshall is basically the local program. His older brother played there before injuries derailed him, and he's playing at Glenville State now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Back from a 2 week vacation at the Caribbean. We had a really nice time, nice weather (lots of rain though), pretty views, nice beaches, good food. Perfect for shutting out the rest of the world for a while and recharge the batteries. We did wonderfully well against Dayton and it was no one's fault that they sank that final hail marry shot. I think the Bills continue their steady improvement and hope tomorrow is a win. We can win this, now let's do it. Go Bills!

Teamrankings Vegas inspired expected scores are: SLU 65.5, Davidson 68.5. Davidson is favored by 3 pts. They are wrong in my opinion, we will beat them. Go Bills!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, bauman said:

I think there will be a much larger difference at the end of the year.  JG is a 53% FT shooter.  I think YC is much better and will continue to improve as the season goes along.  Just a hunch.  I think Yuri was decent from the line in HS.

I've done the research and posted on here before, but I can't find it now.  Without going back to look, I think Yuri was better than 56% in HS, but not by much.  I think most years he was high 50s or low 60s and his HS career average was close to 60%.  I'm hopeful Yuri can improve from the FT line through.  He certainly seems to be able to hit them in clutch situations.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheesh, I'll do the work. Here are Collins' FT stats at St. Mary's:

2018-2019: 153-194 (.789)
2017-2018: 61-92 (.663)
2016-2017: 46-81 (.568)
2015-2016: 69-114 (.605)

I really didn't remember how good his senior year was, FT-wise. And he didn't even play until 12/21 as he recovered from shoulder surgery. He was unbelievable down the stretch. Here's his game log. His last 6 games were the playoffs, and I stand by my assertion that he put together one of the best playoff performances in MO state history. Just totally put them on his back and came a few points from a state title.

Anyway, he has the ability to be a very good FT shooter. He's 26-50 on the season and probably just needs to get more reps, more of a rhythm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Sheesh, I'll do the work. Here are Collins' FT stats at St. Mary's:

2018-2019: 153-194 (.789)
2017-2018: 61-92 (.663)
2016-2017: 46-81 (.568)
2015-2016: 69-114 (.605)

I really didn't remember how good his senior year was, FT-wise. And he didn't even play until 12/21 as he recovered from shoulder surgery. He was unbelievable down the stretch. Here's his game log. His last 6 games were the playoffs, and I stand by my assertion that he put together one of the best playoff performances in MO state history. Just totally put them on his back and came a few points from a state title.

Anyway, he has the ability to be a very good FT shooter. He's 26-50 on the season and probably just needs to get more reps, more of a rhythm.

I've done the work in the past for both Yuri and Goodwin.  I've also looked up Yuri's HS 3Pt shooting in the past.  I'm definitely mixing something up in my head now because that's better than I remembered for Yuri.  Thanks for correcting me.  His HS career total is 68% which given his Sr. year probably understates his ability a bit.  I don't think Yuri will ever be Steph Curry at the line, but 68% would be more than acceptable for this team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Sheesh, I'll do the work. Here are Collins' FT stats at St. Mary's:

2018-2019: 153-194 (.789)
2017-2018: 61-92 (.663)
2016-2017: 46-81 (.568)
2015-2016: 69-114 (.605)

I really didn't remember how good his senior year was, FT-wise. And he didn't even play until 12/21 as he recovered from shoulder surgery. He was unbelievable down the stretch. Here's his game log. His last 6 games were the playoffs, and I stand by my assertion that he put together one of the best playoff performances in MO state history. Just totally put them on his back and came a few points from a state title.

Anyway, he has the ability to be a very good FT shooter. He's 26-50 on the season and probably just needs to get more reps, more of a rhythm.

Pistol, It really is nice when someone brings facts to the Board.  Just looking at YC's last dozen HS games, 6 of which were in the pressure packed state tournament, he averaged 84.3% of 127 attempts.  Roy, I know you never concede any point and are never wrong, BUT I would hope that this might convince you to sit the out rest of the YC vs, JG  discussion. 

Yuri was practicing to be a Billiken in his last game though, only hitting 73.3 % . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, bauman said:

Pistol, It really is nice when someone brings facts to the Board.  Just looking at YC's last dozen HS games, 6 of which were in the pressure packed state tournament, he averaged 84.3% of 127 attempts.  Roy, I know you never concede any point and are never wrong, BUT I would hope that this might convince you to sit the out rest of the YC vs, JG  discussion. 

Yuri was practicing to be a Billiken in his last game though, only hitting 73.3 % . 

i have no idea what you are saying.   you think because yuri was a good free throw shooter his senior year in high school he is a better player than goodwin.   

you are nuts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

i have no idea what you are saying.   you think because yuri was a good free throw shooter his senior year in high school he is a better player than goodwin.   

you are nuts. 

BR really, how friggin dense are you?  The entire point of these posts relate to shooting free throws!  Nowhere was it stated or even implied that YC is a better position player than JG.  If you can't read, or comprehend any better than this, I would hate to have you reviewing any of my financial documents at your bank.  Seriously, can you ever just admit you are wrong about something , which BTW you can do by just not responding to any poster who disagrees with you.

Additionally , you are not as cute as you think with your constant misspelling of one of our players' last name.  Give it a rest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bauman said:

BR really, how friggin dense are you?  The entire point of these posts relate to shooting free throws!  Nowhere was it stated or even implied that YC is a better position player than JG.  If you can't read, or comprehend any better than this, I would hate to have you reviewing any of my financial documents at your bank.  Seriously, can you ever just admit you are wrong about something , which BTW you can do by just not responding to any poster who disagrees with you.

Additionally , you are not as cute as you think with your constant misspelling of one of our players' last name.  Give it a rest.

i and i know of a lot of others, will continue to use two m's as long as you continue to make a big deal about it.   

and collins is not better than goodwin in anything except the way he wears his hair.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i and i know of a lot of others, will continue to use two m's as long as you continue to make a big deal about it.   

and collins is not better than goodwin in anything except the way he wears his hair.

roy, your first sentence is just a perfect example of your immaturity -i just think it's an insult to the young man, and common courtesy would cause posters, once they know how to spell his name, to give him the courtesy of spelling his name correctly.  but then no one has ever accused you of using common courtesy (or the shift key to capitalize a word).  i'm sure you think that is cute also and i'm also sure you do not do that on your bank job.

your second sentence, in effect, continues to project your hardheadedness, taking the position that jg is a better free throw shooter than yc since you state that yc is not better than jg in anything (basketball related)

you really are something else!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bauman said:

roy, your first sentence is just a perfect example of your immaturity -i just think it's an insult to the young man, and common courtesy would cause posters, once they know how to spell his name, to give him the courtesy of spelling his name correctly.  but then no one has ever accused you of using common courtesy (or the shift key to capitalize a word).  i'm sure you think that is cute also and i'm also sure you do not do that on your bank job.

your second sentence, in effect, continues to project your hardheadedness, taking the position that jg is a better free throw shooter than yc since you state that yc is not better than jg in anything (basketball related)

you really are something else!

thanks.   same to you.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Debating the better FT shooter between Yuri and Goodwin is splitting hairs. Yuri is 28/50. If his percentage was the same as goodwin, he would've made 26.5/50.

Plus JG Career FT% is better than Yuri's fwiw. 

That being said, one would imagine Yuri improves over his tenure here, though that is not guaranteed given French, Goodwin, & I'm assuming many other examples.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...