Travis promoting the program

slu72

14 minutes ago, Billikid said:

Wiki-confirmed! 

141EC879-B999-4BEF-8229-D40403955479.png

Funny thing back in 1982 (aka ekkertime) we had no one that could dunk. 

I'm late to this thread, but the Blues have basically sold out, or close to it, every game for the past few years. This year will be no different.

It seems like a stretch to say that a potential Blues playoff run in May and June will materially affect the excitement that people will feel for SLU basketball in January through March.

I read an article the other day - sorry can not remember where I saw it thus I am unable to share it - it talked about how attendance at college football games have shown a steady downward trend except for the schools with rabid fan bases such as AL.  The point of the article was that unless you had already secured your loyal fan base at a high level it was getting harder and harder to increase attendance.  Now I know we are talking about basketball but I would think there may be some similar points.  I am not saying that we can not increase our attendance but one good season or two will not cement a rabid fan base.  Will the Blues possible success impact the Bills attendance - who knows but it certainly will impact the media coverage.

TheChosenOne likes this

Willie, I am not a structural engineer but I read the news, and I am aware that jet engines self destruct when turbine blades break loose. Old jet engines have to be inspected for small cracks in the turbine blades which may cause sudden engine failure and require replacement. This has been in the news recently, a woman died during one such event in a Southwest flight. Loewen manufactures windows and glass doors which can withstand impacts from hurricane carried debris without shattering, but this protection does not last forever and the window or door must be replaced after going through a hurricane and sustaining minor damage. Ever had a vacation house or a friend who had a vacation house in Florida?  

The anti-deformation bracket of the glass backboard may take a 125 lb force without a problem, maybe more, but Gordon weighs a lot more than that, and so does everyone else in the team. I think it is entirely possible for small cracks to develop in the glass backboard during the course of play or practice which eventually may weaken it enough to shatter with succeeding dunks. Checking for small backboard cracks regularly and replacing compromised backboards is probably not that difficult to do and may lower the risk of injury to some players. What is so objectionable about this?

2 hours ago, Old guy said:

Willie, I am not a structural engineer but I read the news, and I am aware that jet engines self destruct when turbine blades break loose. Old jet engines have to be inspected for small cracks in the turbine blades which may cause sudden engine failure and require replacement. This has been in the news recently, a woman died during one such event in a Southwest flight. Loewen manufactures windows and glass doors which can withstand impacts from hurricane carried debris without shattering, but this protection does not last forever and the window or door must be replaced after going through a hurricane and sustaining minor damage. Ever had a vacation house or a friend who had a vacation house in Florida?  

The anti-deformation bracket of the glass backboard may take a 125 lb force without a problem, maybe more, but Gordon weighs a lot more than that, and so does everyone else in the team. I think it is entirely possible for small cracks to develop in the glass backboard during the course of play or practice which eventually may weaken it enough to shatter with succeeding dunks. Checking for small backboard cracks regularly and replacing compromised backboards is probably not that difficult to do and may lower the risk of injury to some players. What is so objectionable about this?

Old Guy I was just giving you a hard time,not looking for a thesis on structural engineering.