Goodwin and Gordon- The G Men

slu72

Okay, all you budding young entrepreneurs out there, here's an idea for you. Just read the A10 article on Gordon and Goodwin and how glad they are they stayed home. Someone ought to come up with a G-Men tee shirt to show the fans appreciate they stayed home. Dress 'em up like 30's G-men and have it say something like Not in Our Town or some other witty saying. You guys are a lot more clever than I am, so let's see what you got.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

the AD would shut this down asap 

You can do stuff like this as long as you don't use the players likeness, name and official SLU branding items.  You can use numbers, colors, etc without the school being able to shut you down.  

37 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Okay, all you budding young entrepreneurs out there, here's an idea for you. Just read the A10 article on Gordon and Goodwin and how glad they are they stayed home. Someone ought to come up with a G-Men tee shirt to show the fans appreciate they stayed home. Dress 'em up like 30's G-men and have it say something like Not in Our Town or some other witty saying. You guys are a lot more clever than I am, so let's see what you got.

Id rather go deep in the tourney and have them say on TV how happy they were to stay.

Id also like to see the STL flag, and the st clair county flag.

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Id rather go deep in the tourney and have them say on TV how happy they were to stay.

Id also like to see the STL flag, and the st clair county flag.

I am all in for the St. Louis flag, but God no on the St. Clair County Flag.  It is the worst possible combination of the Japanese flag and some Cold War communist African country's flag possible.  If it is not the worst flag ever, it is among them.

8 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I am all in for the St. Louis flag, but God no on the St. Clair County Flag.  It is the worst possible combination of the Japanese flag and some Cold War communist African country's flag possible.  If it is not the worst flag ever, it is among them.

had never really seen this flag before, googled it, your description was spot on.

Littlebill likes this

32 minutes ago, brianstl said:

You can do stuff like this as long as you don't use the players likeness, name and official SLU branding items.  You can use numbers, colors, etc without the school being able to shut you down.  

Slu72 was explaining a scenario where you use their pictures on a T-shirt 

7 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Cheese and crackers you weren't kidding!

Flag_of_St._Clair_County%2C_Illinois.gif

8 minutes ago, brianstl said:

haha.  Ya, it is bad.  But not sure how kids from metro east feel about reppin a st louis flag, when they have their own. 

The AD could do it then, right? Use the Arch as a symbol. Have them leaning on both sides of it holding basketballs. I remember someone came up with a Jordair T back in the day, but I think Nike shut it down because it said Air Jordair. 

3 minutes ago, slu72 said:

The AD could do it then, right? Use the Arch as a symbol. Have them leaning on both sides of it holding basketballs. I remember someone came up with a Jordair T back in the day, but I think Nike shut it down because it said Air Jordair. 

The Athletic Department shut it down.

This is probably the best article I have read on the team.  If, no when, we reach the success level we all expect, we will owe a huge part of that success to the 2 G-men. 

While I think this team will be the best (most talented) in SLU history, there are two previous examples of twin local stars taking this type of step to help turnaround the program---Douglass and Gray; and Claggs and Highmark.  This time I think we'll go higher!

Thanks JG and CAG!  Billiken fans really appreciate you coming to SLU. Now before we lose Bess and the other seniors, let's go on a he!! of a run this year.

slufanskip and moytoy12 like this

25 minutes ago, bauman said:

This is probably the best article I have read on the team.  If, no when, we reach the success level we all expect, we will owe a huge part of that success to the 2 G-men. 

While I think this team will be the best (most talented) in SLU history, there are two previous examples of twin local stars taking this type of step to help turnaround the program---Douglass and Gray; and Claggs and Highmark.  This time I think we'll go higher!

Thanks JG and CAG!  Billiken fans really appreciate you coming to SLU. Now before we lose Bess and the other seniors, let's go on a he!! of a run this year.

Agree totally. On paper this team appears to have more skills and talent than Rick's Boys. Plus, we have way more talented depth. Now, if Ford can get them to play with the discipline and team first approach of Rick's boys, this team could go really far. Come March we all could be hitting our CD's and investment accounts pretty hard to scrounge up the funds for some road trips.

44 minutes ago, bauman said:

Twin local stars yes, but were any of those pairs ranked as high as the G-Men?

44 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Thatch should be included in any nickname or even discussion of "local" recruits. He's still flying under the radar but i think he may end up having the best career of anyone in this class

Thatch is a bad mother.