Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Advice to Pestello: Get control of the Title IX people.  Since you appear weak, form a committee to tackle this problem.  Make sure the committee people have actual real life experiences and can use common sense, unlike the federal people.  Your committee people can then get rid of the Title IX people and then you can go to your lawyer people to settle with the player people.  Then the donor people will start to support the academia people, so they can focus on teaching the student people.    

13 minutes ago, brianstl said:

How many returning scholarship players are on the team next season? My prediction is one.  At the max two. 

I'm pretty confident about Bess and Foreman. Probably Johnson too.

Unfortunately, even if those 3 come back, they aren't the important players moving forward.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Everyone is looking for a way out.

I'm just not sure it's worth it for the seniors who already transferred.

I'm hoping Johnson is realizing his limitations and sees playing time in a good conference in his future. If he transfers I think he will need to move down a level. 

This is probably wishful thinking.

On 1/26/2018 at 8:54 AM, sluhomer said:

I know I should ignore this, but I keep checking back to the board to see if there are any updates on the appeal.

No one on this board has stated they feel the players should not be punished if they did something wrong.

There have already been many sad days for SLU.

I'm sure you realize if a sexual assault is reported, it must be investigated, for reference research Baylor.

Taping it was not the stupid part, posting it was.

Are you trying to say that STLPD are so backlogged that it takes them 4 months to investigate criminal complaints?

There is a reason there are so few posters on SLUTalk on STLToday, all of the good posters are on billikens.com.

I think I covered all of your questions/statements.  Please bring something useful next time.

Thanks

ACE - Or the posters on stltoday.com could be telling the truth and they are alumni.

Sad Billikens.com posters don't want to go over to SLU Talk and defend the players - don't want to leave your safe space?

Clocktower said something to the effect that SLU needs to decide if they want to be Division I or not. He said the players did nothing that night (how would he know) to be suspended this long.

The STLPD is not backlogged by four months (even though they could be because they are 100 officers down from where they should be) but explain why the case is still open then?

20 minutes ago, brianstl said:

So Freddie was out last night with Mona Hicks, Danielle Uy and Janet Oberle? Hmmm.......

Mona I. Hicks 

Associate Vice President 

V P-Student Development  

Danielle T. Uy 

Associate General Counsel, Sr. 

General Counsel  

Janet L. Oberle 

Associate Director 

Athletics  

57 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I'm pretty confident about Bess and Foreman. Probably Johnson too.

Unfortunately, even if those 3 come back, they aren't the important players moving forward.

I think Bess and Foreman are the most likely to leave assuming they will be able to grad transfer. I think JJ and French will most likely stay since leaving will mean they must sit a year (assuming no NCAA rule changes). Even with Bess and DJ, we are most likely a 10-15 win team next year. Not sure they would want to stay for that. 

5 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

I think Bess and Foreman are the most likely to leave assuming they will be able to grad transfer. I think JJ and French will most likely stay since leaving will mean they must sit a year (assuming no NCAA rule changes). Even with Bess and DJ, we are most likely a 10-15 win team next year. Not sure they would want to stay for that. 

I forgot about the grad transfer angle. Uh oh!!

I worry about French. He has proven to me he could be a power 5 stud. The year off could even help him. Can you imagine a year off spent entirely in the weight room? He would come back as one of the most jacked sophomores in the country.