Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, BillikenFan2007 said:

Ok, then tell me what you know that I don't? And I'm talking about facts, not a press release from a defense attorney or a rumor you heard from someone that supposedly is in the know. I'd really like to know.

We will not be silenced.

No justice, no peace.

Long time reader.  I have zero connections. Isn’t there someone or a group that can help these young men?  Granted bad choices all around but a bad choice should not have such a damaging effect on their future.  Sick and tired of girls crying foul when what they did becomes campus gossip.  They planned it in advance and talked about it before and after.  Can’t figure out how they are the victims.   I hope an influential person or group comes forward to help these young men.  Total respect for Coach Ford and the way he has held the team together throughout so much adversity.  

8 minutes ago, BillikenFan2007 said:

Ok, then tell me what you know that I don't? And I'm talking about facts, not a press release from a defense attorney or a rumor you heard from someone that supposedly is in the know. I'd really like to know.

We will not be silenced.

No justice, no peace.

1 minute ago, BillikenFan2007 said:

I know some things and I don't know others, but I do know that the police investigation is still ongoing. Like I said, i don't know all the facts and don't claim to, but at least I'm trying to be rational.

Yep. They're going to nail the guys for underage drinking.

Just now, Billy bob said:

Long time reader.  I have zero connections. Isn’t there someone or a group that can help these young men?  Granted bad choices all around but a bad choice should not have such a damaging effect on their future.  Sick and tired of girls crying foul when what they did becomes campus gossip.  They planned it in advance and talked about it before and after.  Can’t figure out how they are the victims.   I hope an influential person or group comes forward to help these young men.  Total respect for Coach Ford and the way he has held the team together throughout so much adversity.  

Yes Rosenblum and a lot of donors 

10 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Actually the police told Jost that the case is open but they're aren't actually investigating. It's being left open as a favor to Kratky so the report doesn't leak and we all find out how biased of a decision it was.

Josh Helmuth said in a reply on twitter that he has the police report and that it contains very little information and no details.  Someone asked him to post a redacted copy and he never answered.

On 1/20/2018 at 3:41 PM, BillikenFan2007 said:

Hey everyone, I'm just curious, why are you all so sure that the players got screwed over in this investigation? Is it because Rosenblum said so? He's their lawyer, he gets paid to say things like that? Is it because you think the investigation too long? Is it just because you're a fan of the team and don't want to any of the players to be punished? The fact remains that none of you, including myself, knows what really happened that night at this point. That is just a fact. And if the players are truly innocent, then great, they deserve to sue the school and so on and so forth. But if they're guilty, they deserve their punishments, and I'm not going to defend them just because I'm a big fan of the team. I just think that to throw the entire administration under the bus when none of you have anywhere near all the facts is ignorant. You are being just as biased as you are claiming the administration has been against these players. Just saying.

18 minutes ago, BillikenFan2007 said:

My point is, how do you guys know that nothing illegal happened that night? No one seems to ever mention in these posts that the police investigation is still ongoing. Everyone is assuming that nothing illegal or punishable happened because that's what Rosenblum said. But what if that's not true? Like I said, I don't have all the information either, and if the players truly did nothing wrong, I'm all for them suing the school, like I said in my last post. All I'm saying is that none of really know whats going on at this point in time.

Hey nitwit, the police have already admitted that no crime has taken place!! What we have is an admitted women’s activist, who is a part of the “me too” movement, deciding the fates of 4 young men. How could she have ever been given this authority?

29 minutes ago, BillikenFan2007 said:

But if they're guilty, they deserve their punishments, and I'm not going to defend them just because I'm a big fan of the team. 

Guilty of what? If you don't know the facts, how do you know they deserve the punishment received? 

10 minutes ago, Billfan7 said:

Josh Helmuth said in a reply on twitter that he has the police report and that it contains very little information and no details.  Someone asked him to post a redacted copy and he never answered.

Only the initial incident report has been made available.

Gentlemen, there has been no bigger apologist for Pestello than me.  I never saw anything that he did that would remotely justify the bashing on this board.

Having a social justice warrior as the Hearing Officer is the first evidence that I have seen of an extremely poor decision.  A Hearing Officer should be impartial, unbiased, and trusted to make a fair decision.  This is not Katherine Weathers' fault.  This is entirely Pestello's fault allowing her to be appointed.  Stupid decision.  It appears she is anything but impartial, unbiased, or could be trusted to be fair.  I mean I am blown away by this. 

Rosenblum is going to have a field day with this in court.  Absolutely stupid.  If I was on a jury, I would hammer SLU (of course, as long as everything else that Rosenblum is saying is the truth also).  

I call into question the length of the penalty and the process now.  Pestello couldn't find anyone who could at least appear in some way not to be a social justice warrior?  Devastatingly unfair to the process.

TFord and TRavs likes this

28 minutes ago, BillikenFan2007 said:

My point is, how do you guys know that nothing illegal happened that night? No one seems to ever mention in these posts that the police investigation is still ongoing. Everyone is assuming that nothing illegal or punishable happened because that's what Rosenblum said. But what if that's not true? Like I said, I don't have all the information either, and if the players truly did nothing wrong, I'm all for them suing the school, like I said in my last post. All I'm saying is that none of really know whats going on at this point in time.

It's my understanding the police agreed to keep the investigation open only so they wouldn't have to release the file to the public and could try to protect identities.   (Lot of good that did)  the police were done in less than 24 hours due to the trainwreck statements by the girls and the video that completely backed the players.  

25 minutes ago, BillikenFan2007 said:

I know some things and I don't know others, but I do know that the police investigation is still ongoing. Like I said, i don't know all the facts and don't claim to, but at least I'm trying to be rational.

Open case does not necessarily mean ongoing investigation. Or am I wrong on that? No one is doubting this case is still open. 

5 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Anybody know what the original tweet was?

It was a tweet from someone saying that frank or Stu should do a story on Katherine Weathers. It was a weird response from Stu and weird that it was deleted. There wasn’t anything particularly salacious about the tweet. 

2 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

It was a tweet from someone saying that frank or Stu should do a story on Katherine Weathers. It was a weird response from Stu and weird that it was deleted. There wasn’t anything particularly salacious about the tweet. 

Honestly, people should leave her alone.  People should be asking Pestello what kind of people are being appointed as Hearing Officers.  This is on Pestello.  

2 minutes ago, HoosierBilliken said:

Honestly, people should leave her alone.  People should be asking Pestello what kind of people are being appointed as Hearing Officers.  This is on Pestello.  

Fred needs to be fired for sure but don't give Katherine a pass...Fred didn't force her to make her abominable, biased ruling.

4 minutes ago, HoosierBilliken said:

I kind of agree. But when you’re dumb enough to have a public twitter littered with hyper political talk while in that position, it’s also kind of asking for it. Especially posting those activist women’s march pictures right after this ruling comes out.