Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Billiken Rich said:

Ford is a selling fool.  As long as he doesn't lose heart our recruiting will be alright.

All I ask of a FORD:

Fix

Or 

Repair (Our Program)

Daily. 

1 minute ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

I don't know he said free the four and I thought restore sounded better 

of course it sounded better than free, because its not fricking 4. 

1 minute ago, 3star_recruit said:

Either a frustrated Bess is gone after this season or a frustrated Ford is gone after the next one. Either way the SLU basketball is screwed for half a decade.

not sure why bess would leave.  This team is still better next year with or without the s2

If the decision is bad I think this is the end of SLU's chances to be a legitimate program in the long-term future. Even if we have success with the team next year, I just don't see Ford sticking around for very long with this current administration. SLU's basketball program has been plagued by a lack of continuity over the years, and most of it has been just downright unlucky. End of Spoon era followed up by Soderberg, S1, Majerus getting sick, Crews tanking the program, S2... The list goes on and on. Every time SLU has had a chance to take our program to the next level our hopes and dreams have gotten torched. I don't think we'll ever make it to a Gonzaga/Creighton/Xavier level. 

Just now, wgstl said:

not sure why bess would leave.  This team is still better next year with or without the s2

I'm sure this has been discussed ad nasuam and this is an incredibly dumb question but if these three are gone, we have three more schollies to fill for next fall? Or would we not be able to fill those spots right away/lose scholarships?

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Why stay for another rebuilding year when you can transfer to a school you believe that can make the tournament in your final season.

1 minute ago, Spoon-Balls said:

If the decision is bad I think this is the end of SLU's chances to be a legitimate program in the long-term future. Even if we have success with the team next year, I just don't see Ford sticking around for very long with this current administration. SLU's program has been continuously plagued by a lack of continuity, and most of it has been just downright unlucky. End of Spoon era followed up by Soderberg, S1, Majerus getting sick, Crews tanking the program, S2... The list goes on and on. Every time SLU has had a chance to take our program to the next level our hopes and dreams have gotten torched. I don't think we'll ever make it. 

Just think how pissed the Big East is for not selecting SLU...

Just now, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I'm sure this has been discussed ad nasuam and this is an incredibly dumb question but if these three are gone, we have three more schollies to fill for next fall? Or would we not be able to fill those spots right away/lose scholarships?

we'll have those three spots to fill. 

1 minute ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Yeah, if the 3's schollies are pulled, or they just quit, then yeah, we should have 3 to fill.

25 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Players aren't going to come here because their parents think they are going to get screwed over by the school.  This is the second time this has happened in less than a decade.  Opposing programs now have a pattern of incidents they will tell parents about.

I can totally see opposing coaches going into a high school player's living room and telling the parents they shouldn't send their kids to SLU because the school won't allow their kid to engage in sexual misconduct while at the university. 

1 minute ago, Spoon-Balls said:

If the decision is bad I think this is the end of SLU's chances to be a legitimate program in the long-term future. Even if we have success with the team next year, I just don't see Ford sticking around for very long with this current administration. SLU's program has been continuously plagued by a lack of continuity, and most of it has been just downright unlucky. End of Spoon era followed up by Soderberg, S1, Majerus getting sick, Crews tanking the program, S2... The list goes on and on. Every time SLU has had a chance to take our program to the next level our hopes and dreams have gotten torched. I don't think we'll ever make it. 

I don't think you've been through enough SLU history to be this doomy and gloomy

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

Where did you get that it was bad?

Where are you seeing at the very least suspended for this semester?

I know the info was provided to both but Chris Gardner reported last week that would happen the week of the 15th. All the other stuff you mention is the same speculation that has been going on for months. 

To be clear, this is based off of rampant speculation and tea leaf reading, as is everything on all chat boards.

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Why stay for another rebuilding year when you can transfer to a school you believe that can make the tournament in your final season.

If you get one unexpected impact freshman with one of those 3 scholarships, I dont think this team would be all that bad.  We would have depth, which has been a major reason why we have loss some of the games we have.  

Goodwin-french-gordon-Johnson-bess-foreman- isnt a bad foundation as long as the bench is much better, which it should regardless of what happens, next year. 

Some of the assertions about the future of Billiken basketball are WILD.

-Ford leaving would hurt the program immensely

-Losing Goodwin or Gordon would set us back big time and would also result in Ford leaving.

-Losing any other player would be meh.

We recovered from S1 and we'll recover from S2 within the same time frame as long as none of the top 2 happen.

Tonka and DeSmetBilliken like this