Chant during the game?

Cowboy

-should we have a time or two during timeouts tomorrow where we chant "Free The 3"? like under 12 timeout each half or some other time? i would prefer not to do when a sponsored activity or something with a kid (the follow the Billiken under the basketball for example) is happening, perhaps someone in the band who has knowledge of the timeout activities can help on proper timing if there is support for this

-from my perspective, "Free The 3" is intended to get the U to make a decision, either let them play or expel them or advise them of the status, but make a decision,  I don't know what the ultimate proper treatment of The 3 should be but I can't think it is proper for this to be taking this long

11 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-should we have a time or two during timeouts tomorrow where we chant "Free The 3"? like under 12 timeout each half or some other time? i would prefer not to do when a sponsored activity or something with a kid (the follow the Billiken under the basketball for example) is happening, perhaps someone in the band who has knowledge of the timeout activities can help on proper timing if there is support for this

-from my perspective, "Free The 3" is intended to get the U to make a decision, either let them play or expel them or advise them of the status, but make a decision,  I don't know what the ultimate proper treatment of The 3 should be but I can't think it is proper for this to be taking this long

I think you do it as soon as the player intros are over into the opening tip-off and every time the opponent has the ball. 

Also, what would it take to get those Big Heads made of the three and have them be the only three at the game? Just have three guys continually holding them up the whole game. If the goddamn St. Joe's Hawk can flap his wings the whole game, surely three students could hold the Big Heads of the three for the duration of the game. Symbolism works, too. 

Just a thought. 

5 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Harder to organize but you need to do it when the band isn't playing or there isn't some other non-basketball activity going on that draws everyone's attention. 

So let's brainstorm here - timeouts would probably be the least effective scenario - what about if a Billiken hits a three pointer - while the applause dies down, the "Free the Three" chants arise?!! Might be a huge rallying cry. 

6 minutes ago, Bobby Metzinger said:

So let's brainstorm here - timeouts would probably be the least effective scenario - what about if a Billiken hits a three pointer - while the applause dies down, the "Free the Three" chants arise?!! Might be a huge rallying cry. 

There's a chance this doesn't happen so I like 05's idea of opposing team's free throws. 

19 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Do it whenever Pestello stands up. 

If you wait for Dr P to stand up it would only be at half when he escapes to Lorenzini's or near the end of the game when he goes to the tunnel near the Bills' locker room; otherwise he sits there with his arms folded and expressionless.......just an observation, nothing personal...........

Better to do this during the opponents free throws....

The chant would make the players feel good, but may backfire and put more pressure on the administration to throw the book at the players.  It is best not to say anything.  Administrators do not think like fans.  Their thought may be, "We can't have the nuts running the asylum."  The do-gooders would ask the administrators, "Are you going to let the students push you around?" as they sip their bourbon and smoke their pipe.  Administrators think very highly of themselves and don't want the impression that they were pushed around by the underlings.  So, if they let the three players back without punishment, it could be perceived by their do-gooder pals that they let them off easy due to fan pressure.  

2 minutes ago, HoosierBilliken said:

The chant would make the players feel good, but may backfire and put more pressure on the administration to throw the book at the players.  It is best not to say anything.  Administrators do not think like fans.  Their thought may be, "We can't have the nuts running the asylum."  The do-gooders would ask the administrators, "Are you going to let the students push you around?" as they sip their bourbon and smoke their pipe.  Administrators think very highly of themselves and don't want the impression that they were pushed around by the underlings.  

If that's the case, then maybe it would be better to use reverse psychology and yell, "Kick them out."