SLU vs siu: I guess we’ll do a game thread

I don't like the score but the team is playing hard and is entertaining.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were defensing us, I'd play a zone,covering only JJ, and make sure Hines or Roby has the ball under ten seconds be cause a bad decision/rush shot will be made/taken.  This team s woefully inept from distance ---- mid-range or threes.  

Just now, Taj79 said:

If I were defensing us, I'd play a zone,covering only JJ, and make sure Hines or Roby has the ball under ten seconds be cause a bad decision/rush shot will be made/taken.  This team s woefully inept from distance ---- mid-range or threes.  

Teams have thrown a lot of 2-3 zone at us so far this year, and it's pretty easy to see why

I'm by no means an expert, but in addition to confidence (perhaps), the issue with JG's 3 point stroke appears to be his base. The distribution of balance by splitting his legs mid-air is far from ideal when looking at good shooters. He has a high release that is fairly fluid, but the base is something to work on in the off-season. 

1 minute ago, Taj79 said:

Sure .... Bartley can shoot free throws but the rest of his game is spent on his ass trying to draw fouls.

He was Miles Reynolds' teammate, so that style must've rubbed off.