Signed Recruit Thread

WVBilliken

This guy Rusty Hendricks wouldn't share the Sikeston all-time stat leaders with me when I asked because I'm not a media member, but anyway, what's important is that Thatch could (and should, and probably will) break the Sikeston all-time scoring record tonight and will top 1000 career rebounds, too.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Pistol said:

This guy Rusty Hendricks wouldn't share the Sikeston all-time stat leaders with me when I asked because I'm not a media member, but anyway, what's important is that Thatch could (and should, and probably will) break the Sikeston all-time scoring record tonight and will top 1000 career rebounds, too.

Thats a pretty dumb reason, no?

12 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Really?  That's very strange.  

7 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Thats a pretty dumb reason, no?

Yeah, I basically said "Hey, I know you previously tweeted about Sikeston records and I was wondering if you could either retweet those lists/screencaps again or send them to me." Basically, I scrolled back through his feed and couldn't find them and was also tired of scrolling through a year's worth of baseball hot takes and bible verses, and figured asking him would be quicker. His reply was "And you are?" and I told him I was a SLU fan, and he wouldn't show them to me. I didn't realize being a dude named Rusty Hendricks working southeast Missouri sports radio entitled you to be a snob, but I guess I was wrong.

Sikeston's athletic website actually has career records for football and a couple other things, but they haven't posted them for basketball.

My guess is Rusty Hendricks will start tweeting out the career lists again soon, as Thatch continues to rise.

6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

According the Wikipedia, Michael Porter, ottos cousin is the all time leading scorer. 

That's correct. This is the last update I have seen (1/26/17, almost a year old), and my request to him was for updated lists heading into this season, since Thatch had moved up in basically every category, and Kevin Jones was on some, as well.

(By the way, there are some all-time great names on this list, as well: Lontas McClinton, Vashawn Ruffin, and Kash Bratcher are just fantastic.)

18 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Yeah, I basically said "Hey, I know you previously tweeted about Sikeston records and I was wondering if you could either retweet those lists/screencaps again or send them to me." Basically, I scrolled back through his feed and couldn't find them and was also tired of scrolling through a year's worth of baseball hot takes and bible verses, and figured asking him would be quicker. His reply was "And you are?" and I told him I was a SLU fan, and he wouldn't show them to me. I didn't realize being a dude named Rusty Hendricks working southeast Missouri sports radio entitled you to be a snob, but I guess I was wrong.

Sikeston's athletic website actually has career records for football and a couple other things, but they haven't posted them for basketball.

My guess is Rusty Hendricks will start tweeting out the career lists again soon, as Thatch continues to rise.

How many times did he retweet the bible verse, "thou shalt not share high school basketball stats as much money can be made from it".  Think it's Book of Job?  

4 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

How many times did he retweet the bible verse, "thou shalt not share high school basketball stats as much money can be made from it".  Think it's Book of Job?  

-Job ran a great 4-corner offense, i think Dean Smith used much of it

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

According the Wikipedia, Michael Porter, ottos cousin is the all time leading scorer at with 1,994 points

I'm pretty sure there's no relationship between Otto Porter and the Porters in Columbia, and if Wikipedia says that, it's wrong (not the first time, nor the last, I'm sure).

2 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I'm pretty sure there's no relationship between Otto Porter and the Porters in Columbia, and if Wikipedia says that, it's wrong (not the first time, nor the last, I'm sure).

That is a different Michael Porter from 2009, I believe. 

59 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

There's much weirder stuff in Leviticus and Deuteronomy, if my Catlick education serves me.

Thatch is sitting at 1974 points, 20 off Michael Porter's total of 1994. So he not only has a shot to take the all-time Sikeston points lead, but to surpass 2000 career points. Would be very cool to do that on the same night.

Thatch already has the all-time lead in rebounds at 999 (Porter is second at 926), so now it's all about hitting that 1000 number and building on it.

He's second all-time in assists, with 385. The all-time leader, Wiggins (he's also on the points list above, #14), has 435. However, Kevin Jones has 345 and is quickly rising, so if Thatch hits 435 later this season, Jones could jump past him almost immediately at his pace (he's a junior).

Thatch is second all-time in steals, with 259. Howard (#12 on the points list above) has 317. Could be close. Jones is right on his heels again, though, with 215 and a shot to take the overall title next year.

Thatch isn't on the blocks list, but when he blocks shots, it looks like this:

3 minutes ago, almaman said:

Where did the Porter he's gonna pass go in college? I may have asked this a few years back when we were recruiting Thatch but I forgot the answer

mo state and then semo. unfortunately not a very great college career.

Sikeston rolled over Kennett last night, 71-36. It was 24-6 after the first quarter, so Thatch and Jones played limited minutes and scored 2 points each. Thatch did grab four early rebounds, so he's now at 1,003 on his career and building his all-time lead at Sikeston. He's 18 points shy of the all-time record, though, now at 1,976 and chasing 1,994. From the game write-up:

It was a night that Sikeston’s leading scorers Fred Thatch and Kevin Jones were not even needed to score with both collecting two points each and only attempted three shots between them.
Thatch is still trying to work his way back into game shape after missing nearly a month with a stress fracture in his foot. He did grab four rebounds with four assists in limited minutes.

He's saving his energy for Friday, when Sikeston takes on Chaminade down at the Sikeston Field House. CCP won 102-84 last season at home. If there's a stream for that game, I'll try to find a link ahead of time and post it.

Mickey Pearson had 30 last night in an 83-62 win over Central Hardin. Strong finish for two of those 30:

Also, this game will be played at Thomas More College, right across the Ohio River from me, so maybe I'll go see Pearson play in April:

Gordon had 17 points, 5 rebounds, and 3 assists in Webster Groves' 75-62 win over Wheeler (GA) in Wheeling, West Virginia. It was an unusual game, as Ray Adams was the game MVP, with 23 points on 7 made 3-pointers. Ramey had 10, 9, and 6; they're a totally different team with him back. Game highlights for Gordon:

Ramey-Gordon highlights from the Marquette game, which WG won by 30:

Gordon had 22 points on 10-11 shooting (2-3 from the line), 6 rebounds, 2 assists, and a block. Most of that stat line shows up in the video, which is worth checking out. He looks great in both of the above videos.

58 minutes ago, Pistol said:

He's saving his energy for Friday, when Sikeston takes on Chaminade down at the Sikeston Field House. CCP won 102-84 last season at home. If there's a stream for that game, I'll try to find a link ahead of time and post it.

Looks like they will be streaming it live. http://www.chaminade-stl.org/athletics/cspn

almaman likes this

Front court bigs of Gordon, French, Santos, and Foreman will dominate next season.

HenryB likes this

55 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Front court bigs of Gordon, French, Santos, and Foreman will dominate next season.

OK, assuming they are all here next season, who gets 'Anthony level' minutes?  Ford won't play each 20 minutes.  One, two or three will get 20+ to 30+ minutes.  One of these four sits a lot.