Torrence Watson

booyaa87

7 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

From Rivals: 

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/twitter-tuesday-wake-forest-andrew-nembhard-virginia 

Torrence Watson, Ohio State’s first class of 2018 commitment, reopened his college recruitment over the weekend and backed off of his pledge to the Buckeyes. Where might the Rivals150 wing from St. Louis be leaning?

Before Watson committed to Ohio State, he had narrowed his school list to a group of eight consisting of the Buckeyes, Creighton, Marquette, Michigan, Missouri, Vanderbilt, St. Louis and Kansas State.

Any of these programs could jump back into the mix and a handful of others will do the same. However, look for some of the top area programs to be the spot where he lands.

Many schools, after missing on Watson, invested more time with a few other top priority recruits. Creighton and Marquette have eached picked up a commitment since Watson’s original pledge to the Buckeyes, Vanderbilt has gained solid footing with a few other Rivals150 small forward prospects and Michigan has nailed down dates with a couple of their own top recruits.

That all brings us back to St. Louis, Kansas State and Missouri as the most likely landing spots for Watson. While the former two could make a hard push this fall, Missouri is probably the favorite. Cuonzo Martin has done a great job of becoming heavily involved with the top local prospects and was also vocal in stating that he wanted to create a pipeline between St. Louis and Columbia. Selling the idea of replacing likely one-and-done Michael Porter next year and the chance to become a program builder at Mizzou may be too difficult to decline.

Sounds like"blind" specultion to me.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think SLU, K State, and Mizzou are all in the running.  K State was one of his 1st offers.  I heard rumblings they may have some scholarships available next year.  SLU and Mizzou would be good fits as well.  Hopefully it's just a desire to play close to home and nothing is wrong with his family.   

SLU has a lot to offer to a young man who wants a great education and the opportunity to be on a team with strong NCAA possibilities certainly during his first year (and likely beyond).  With the commits SLU has plus Watson, in two years.........French, Gordon, Goodwin, Watson, Thatch, Johnson, Graves, another recruiting class.....WOW.

32 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Close to home?

St. Louis to Columbus = 417 miles. 

St. Louis to Manhattan, Ks = 367 miles.

St. Louis to Columbia = 126 miles.

St. Louis to St. Louis = local cab fare.

we also have Metro, biking, carpool, 49cc scooters, uber. I think MBM door to door rides to games for family could be arranged.

43 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

SLU has a lot to offer to a young man who wants a great education and the opportunity to be on a team with strong NCAA possibilities certainly during his first year (and likely beyond).  With the commits SLU has plus Watson, in two years.........French, Gordon, Goodwin, Watson, Thatch, Johnson, Graves, another recruiting class.....WOW.

I want to know what Ford's contract is. We need to switch to the higher level conference. A10 is a joke 

4 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

I want to know what Ford's contract is. We need to switch to the higher level conference. A10 is a joke 

glory, what are you hearing about Watson.... you always wanna tout your inside knowledge. drop some 

53 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

I know his AAU coach affiliated with slu wants him here 

Wow. Ground breaking news. Tate would like Watson to come to SLU. Who would have thought?  Amazing inside information. 

I'll go out on a limb here. Ford would like him also. And I'm not an insider. 

Watson is better than Pickett and Santos. The 2/3 spots at SLU are just as crowded now as they were when Watson opted to explore other options. But if there really is a family issue pulling him closer to home, being the 7th guy in the rotation for a year really isn't a bad deal. A starting spot is Watson's for the taking the next year.

1 hour ago, SLURadioBoy said:

For what it's worth, I've heard SLU has a real shot at getting Watson. My source isn't always right though. Have any real insiders heard anything?

It isn't much but something. The players are really excited for this year and can't wait for it to start. They have high hopes for the season. The team is getting along a lot better than last year. 

Only worth noting because this is the time when practices are in high gear and classes start which leads to a lot of stress on players, freshmen mostly who are away from home. 

34 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

It isn't much but something. The players are really excited for this year and can't wait for it to start. They have high hopes for the season. The team is getting along a lot better than last year. 

Only worth noting because this is the time when practices are in high gear and classes start which leads to a lot of stress on players, freshmen mostly who are away from home. 

Thanks for the update, but I was actually wondering if anyone had heard anything about Watson. Although, obviously they would have posted it if they had.

18 hours ago, TFord and TRavs said:

Damn, I did not realize that all we had to do was say we wanted to switch - how stupid of me.  Gee whiz, I know you haven't been around that long but give the school a little credit - they have been exploring the options but nothing better has come along.  It does take two to make it happen.

Mizzou's fan site seems to give the Billikens a shot, even though, as one would expect, it figures Missouri to be the front runner.

"So what are Mizzou’s chances? It would be tough to say they are far and away the leader, but it would appear they are in a position of strength. Martin’s staff worked hard to create a relationship with him and obviously qualifies as a nearby option, but do not discount Saint Louis University. Travis Ford is a tough recruiter and has been on Watson for a while as well."

https://www.rockmnation.com/mizzou-basketball-recruiting/2017/8/30/16209226/missouri-basketball-recruiting-torrence-watson-mario-mckinney

21 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Thanks for the update, but I was actually wondering if anyone had heard anything about Watson. Although, obviously they would have posted it if they had.

I found this article from the Mizzou people to be interesting. All just speculation but he says don't count out Ford with Watson or Liddell.

https://www.rockmnation.com/mizzou-basketball-recruiting/2017/8/30/16209226/missouri-basketball-recruiting-torrence-watson-mario-mckinney