Pistol

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Gotta take every positive you can from this season

I get your point but I can't get that excited about what a senior does who  will have nothing to do with the team's future or that actually helps us win a game.  For me the excitement is what is happening that will make next year better.

49 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I get your point but I can't get that excited about what a senior does who  will have nothing to do with the team's future or that actually helps us win a game.  For me the excitement is what is happening that will make next year better.

I'd suggest going to Althoff then

To everyone saying this is a building block for next season im 100% with you.

Talent aside - Neither  Majerus, or Crews would have lost this game by this much with the current team. Ford is terrible at game planning and in game adjustments. Lets call a spade a spade. We all know he can recruit anyone in the country but as far as x's and o's there's 100 coaches better in front of him.

5 minutes ago, Former Bill said:

Talent aside - Neither  Majerus, or Crews would have lost this game by this much with the current team. Ford is terrible at game planning and in game adjustments. Lets call a spade a spade. We all know he can recruit anyone in the country but as far as x's and o's there's 100 coaches better in front of him.

plz name. thanks. 

1 minute ago, Former Bill said:

IMG_3472.JPG

56 minutes ago, Former Bill said:

They might not have lost by as much because they might have slowed it down, but they both would have still lost by 20+at a minimum. If you disagree, enlighten us on how we would have come closer.

10 hours ago, kmbilliken said:

Hopefully they all appreciate 7000 showing up for a bad team. They know Goodwin is on the way. They can pack this place and make it their town if they come.

Half the people around me were in K State gear.

2 hours ago, Former Bill said:

You are an idiot.

Trying to compare Ford to "The Great One" will never be a fair comparison -- at all.

Your home boy Crews is the WORST COACH, both on the bench AND on the recruiting trail that any of the 351 teams in D1 have had the past decade. Noone could have trashed this team the way Crews did.

You suck. Go away.

12 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

jett from day one had off the chart physical skills and size.   it's amazing what can be accomplished with a blank canvas of god given talent.   Bishop is a decent spot up open shooter.  but he is small and he is a step slow.   i am afraid he is what he is and any development from him to expect even acceptable starter minutes isnt going to happen.   he plays on this roster because he is about as good as we currently have.   but this roster is a single digit win roster.   like most of our roster, he's over his head.  

as far as i know kstate isnt supposed to win the national championship.   i dont even expect them to win the big 12.   they are likely going to fight to be a bubble team at year end.   they likely would be in the same position in the A-10.   yet we were so out performed last night it was incredible.   that was a beat down.   and weber played the third team the last 5 minutes more or less.  

out of necessity we will make do with 2 or 3 of these guys next year,    but i have no expectations beyond breather minutes from any of them.   bring on the french, goodwin, foreman, bess and henriquez years.   at least then we may be an over 500 team and be competitive again.   After ekker left, i hoped id never see the program at this level ever again.   well we are there and more.  

At least the band is great. 

K state was picked 9th in the Big 12 right?

That should make them NIT bubble.

You are spot on on our roster. I believe that players need to be run off, however. Crews was just awful, awful, awful.

This team is far below the Ekker years.

3 hours ago, Former Bill said:

We scored 20 points against a mediocre GW team in Majerus' first year. We may have got curbed stomped by KState but I don't feel as embarrassed as I did that night.

7 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

We scored 20 points against a mediocre GW team in Majerus' first year. We may have got curbed stomped by KState but I don't feel as embarrassed as I did that night.

That was a much, much better team with far more talent. While weak, I think think that Majerus' first year had a more competitive roster. That bunch finished 16-15 with a 7-9 record in conference. We pulverized GW at home a couple weeks after that debacle. Middle of the pack. Not good at all, not quite a cupcake. Way more tolerable.

Uncle Brad was not good, but to compare the cupboard he left compared to whatever remained after Crews is absurd. Crewsplatt era at SLU is probably the most inexplicable freefall of a program in the era of modern NCAA D1 basketball.

Anyone who is out to criticize Ford for this season needs to crawl back into whatever wretched hole they crawled out of. There is sadly nothing he nor anyone else can do about this.

13 hours ago, Former Bill said:

As far as RM is concerned what happened to the record setting lost to GW where we scored only 20 pts? and that was a more talented team then this one,   Crews lost plenty of ugly games.  Give it a rest and stay former.

14 hours ago, Former Bill said:

Trollkowsky is that you?

I will call a spade a spade you have no proof if either one of those coaches would have a better result with this roster.

As far as x's and o's is concerned I saw a coach change up defenses and at least has taught these guys how to inbound unlike coach buzz kill Crews, I guess you do not remember most inbound passes went to the back court.

In spite of the result of the game I am glad to see Johnson, Moore, and Neufeld get more time.

Knowing the outcome before I watched the game I DVR'd it was the players I want to see learn and improve.

Reggie has proved to me he cannot catch, he is no Dwayne Evans in the post and that is what I was hoping for this season but I realize that will not happen so more Neufeld.

I really want to see if a 6 foot 11 center can be developed this season, why not?

2 hours ago, CBFan said:

Trollkowsky is that you?

I will call a spade a spade you have no proof if either one of those coaches would have a better result with this roster.

As far as x's and o's is concerned I saw a coach change up defenses and at least has taught these guys how to inbound unlike coach buzz kill Crews, I guess you do not remember most inbound passes went to the back court.

That was my thought too. First post and just stirring shite as usual. I won't engage him.

17 hours ago, Former Bill said:

Notable losses under Crews:

- 28 point loss to KState

- 28 point loss to Rhode Island

- 14 point home loss to Morehead St

- 13 point home loss to George Mason

- 36 point loss to Dayton

- 30 point loss to VCU

- 25 point loss to Mississippi St

- 29 point loss to Wichita St

- 35 point loss to Davidson

- 18 point loss to Fordham

- 28 point home loss to George Mason

All of those with a better team than what we have now.

17 hours ago, Former Bill said:

I have no idea why everyone is bullying you for making a fair point but I am not surprised.  This is not a great team but they are playing worse than their talent level and this is an obviously poorly organized team.  I have no idea how anyone could watch a team play this poorly and think that it was not at least possible that the coach is to blame.  I hope the team gets better.

When I was in 7th grade our coach taught us three defenses and then we would randomly play one of these defenses each time down.  Does changing a defense randomly make a great coach?  Inquiring minds want to know.  (Even Al McGuire, the king of switching defenses, admitted he often did it as a gimmick and to make his look smart).

I wasn't on board when Ford got hired, but I don't really see how anyone could expect this lineup to produce better results with a different coach.  We have no center, we have no point guard and in my opinion we don't have a quality shooting guard either.  We don't have any depth.  Well, we actually do have some depth at one position.  So we start three small forwards (I think this is what Roby, Crawford and Welmer actually are).  We are one of the the least athletic teams in D1.

58 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Notable losses under Crews:

- 28 point loss to KState

- 28 point loss to Rhode Island

- 14 point home loss to Morehead St

- 13 point home loss to George Mason

- 36 point loss to Dayton

- 30 point loss to VCU

- 25 point loss to Mississippi St

- 29 point loss to Wichita St

- 35 point loss to Davidson

- 18 point loss to Fordham

- 28 point home loss to George Mason

All of those with a better team than what we have now.

Game. Blouses.

51 minutes ago, kwyjibo said:

I have no idea why everyone is bullying you for making a fair point but I am not surprised.  This is not a great team but they are playing worse than their talent level and this is an obviously poorly organized team.  I have no idea how anyone could watch a team play this poorly and think that it was not at least possible that the coach is to blame.  I hope the team gets better.

When I was in 7th grade our coach taught us three defenses and then we would randomly play one of these defenses each time down.  Does changing a defense randomly make a great coach?  Inquiring minds want to know.  (Even Al McGuire, the king of switching defenses, admitted he often did it as a gimmick and to make his look smart).

Nobody's bullying anyone.

I completely disagree that Jim Crews would have had a better result with the current players and the proof are the results last year.

Did your 7th grade coach teach you how to inbound a pass?  Coach Ford at least has them inbounding in the front court most of the time.

No on changing defenses, I hope that helps your inquiring mind.