Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

Even Bernie was not surprised to hear about Kansas being embroiled in this mess.  He said the rumors about Kansas have been swirling for years.  I am sure he got some of his info from RM.  RM was shocked that McLemore could get in to Kansas given his transcript.  RM said that there was no way he could have gotten in without Self cheating - yes I personally heard him say this.  I have a friend who was connected with Self a few years ago and when I brought up the RM comment to him he had nothing to say - it was just like he simply did not want to think that his coach he so respected may be soiled.  Hopefully this does not go the route of UNC academic white wash by the NCAA.

Spoon-Balls likes this

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Even Bernie was not surprised to hear about Kansas being embroiled in this mess.  He said the rumors about Kansas have been swirling for years.  I am sure he got some of his info from RM.  RM was shocked that McLemore could get in to Kansas given his transcript.  RM said that there was no way he could have gotten in without Self cheating - yes I personally heard him say this.  I have a friend who was connected with Self a few years ago and when I brought up the RM comment to him he had nothing to say - it was just like he simply did not want to think that his coach he so respected may be soiled.  Hopefully this does not go the route of UNC academic white wash by the NCAA.

It's Kansas, Cheese. Get out the ol' paint bucket and call Tom Sawyer and friends. That fence will be as white as the driven snow. I have absolutely no faith in the NCAA to do the right thing after the UNC fiasco.

15 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Bernie has gone down the deep end. I am sure the Mizzou honk is vastly connected in CBB circles 🙄

19 minutes ago, slu72 said:

It's Kansas, Cheese. Get out the ol' paint bucket and call Tom Sawyer and friends. That fence will be as white as the driven snow. I have absolutely no faith in the NCAA to do the right thing after the UNC fiasco.

ditto

Apparently some have trouble reading -  I never said that KS was not going to get off.  All I said was I hope they do not.  Why if you qualify something on this board some have a need to jump all over it without keeping the entire post context in mind.  

BBE and MeanStreets are playing right now. Ford and Tate are near center court, sitting next to Coach K and an assistant (Carrawell?). Underwood is here.

Yuri threw an alley-oop to Hargrove as soon as I turned it on (missed the beginning 8 minutes or so). He came out and McKinney and Harmon were the guards for a while, and now YC is back in and they're running with all three of them. Collins is just really, really sound. McKinney and Harmon certainly aren't afraid to shoot it.

McKinney loves to play in transition and is clearly most comfortable there. He forces things in a half-court offense.

I like Chris Payton for MeanStreets (Bloomington HS, has a SLU offer). He's smart off the ball to find his spots. Had an airball a few minutes ago but swished a baseline jumper after that. Good passer, too.

More to come.

7 minutes ago, Pistol said:

BBE and MeanStreets are playing right now. Ford and Tate are near center court, sitting next to Coach K and an assistant (Carrawell?). Underwood is here.

Yuri threw an alley-oop to Hargrove as soon as I turned it on (missed the beginning 8 minutes or so). He came out and McKinney and Harmon were the guards for a while, and now YC is back in and they're running with all three of them. Collins is just really, really sound. McKinney and Harmon certainly aren't afraid to shoot it.

McKinney loves to play in transition and is clearly most comfortable there. He forces things in a half-court offense.

I like Chris Payton for MeanStreets (Bloomington HS, has a SLU offer). He's smart off the ball to find his spots. Had an airball a few minutes ago but swished a baseline jumper after that. Good passer, too.

More to come.

What channel?

7 minutes ago, Pistol said:

More to come.

Me gusta mucho

Collins, McKinney, Harmon, Okoro, and Liddell to start the second half.

Liddell is getting some soft whistles. Seems a little frustrated. Harmon, too (Batchman a quick sub for him.)

Payton with a nice offensive board and putback for MS. He's a smart player. Unselfish, too.

Liddell has great rebounding instincts. Always in the right place at both ends.

13 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

The Beagles lost 64-60. Started the game down 10-0. Can’t find any stats or if SLU was there - but I can guarantee someone was watching Hargrove and Collins. 

Box score.

Scoring was pretty spread out. Liddell was the only one in double digits, and he had 13 and 12. Collins had 8, but an uncharacteristic 5 turnovers. Hargrove had 8 and 4.

Hopefully they can win the next few. They're up 5 on MeanStreets at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Collins, McKinney, Harmon, Okoro, and Liddell to start the second half.

Liddell is getting some soft whistles. Seems a little frustrated. Harmon, too (Batchman a quick sub for him.)

Payton with a nice offensive board and putback for MS. He's a smart player. Unselfish, too.

Liddell has great rebounding instincts. Always in the right place at both ends.

Guessing Hargrove isn’t having much success? (Not seeing anything on the Twitters)

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Box score.

Scoring was pretty spread out. Liddell was the only one in double digits, and he had 13 and 12. Collins had 8, but an uncharacteristic 5 turnovers. Hargrove had 8 and 4.

liddell only going 3-7 from the line is out of character.   he ias a pretty good free throw shooter normally.  

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

Box score.

Thanks. Was checking that this morning and it still wasn’t up.

Great to see Hargrove with the 4 buckets.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen Yuri have more turnovers than assists 

3 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Guessing Hargrove isn’t having much success? (Not seeing anything on the Twitters)

got to understand that the beagles are indeed loaded.    just being on that roster is quite the accomplishment.   Hargrove is not one of the top 5 players and his minutes are right for that roster.   that said, hargrove is very good and will be a great billiken addition.   

3 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

He just came in for the first time this half around the 10-minute mark. His minutes aren't like some of the others' but he's effective when he's in. He just had a nice putback off a McKinney miss and forced a turnover at the other end. I like him.

Collins and McKinney sure don't come out much. I don't necessarily like how they play together, though. But I do like the way Collins and Harmon play together. BBE has run the three of them together a lot this game and it doesn't seem to be working. One-point game with 4 minutes to go.

A more subtle thing Collins does is control tempo. Not only bringing the ball up and moving things at his pace, but he's great about getting back and slowing transition.

Bill Self is there, Cuonzo is there with a couple assistants, and I think Chris Holtmann just sat down next to Coach K and they've been chatting. Hard to be 100% sure when they're on the back wall and pretty small.

Zion Harmon can really play.

Roy Williams, Dana Altman, Matt Painter, Travis Steele, Angres Thorpe, and a bunch of others were also there.

BBE lost at the buzzer. Harmon had a contested 3 to win, but this looks like it'll keep them from advancing unless everything else breaks just right in their group.

It was tied with 11 seconds left, and they called a really tough blocking foul on Collins with 6 seconds to go. The MeanStreets player made 1-2. 67-66, final.

18 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Collins and McKinney sure don't come out much. I don't necessarily like how they play together, though. But I do like the way Collins and Harmon play together. BBE has run the three of them together a lot this game and it doesn't seem to be working. One-point game with 4 minutes to go.

A more subtle thing Collins does is control tempo. Not only bringing the ball up and moving things at his pace, but he's great about getting back and slowing transition.

The reality is that McKinney’s style does not bode very well for team play, especially if you are forced into half court sets.

TheChosenOne likes this