Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

34 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Tandy's dad went on Kentucky Sports Radio a couple months ago to talk about a potential UK offer. They had been showing interest but Tandy and his family wanted an offer. Anyway, his dad said that he didn't want Kyky to play backup to a bunch of one-and-dones, that he should get a UK offer and be a starter and wasn't going to sit on the bench behind anyone. Well, they haven't heard from UK since. To his credit, Kyky handled it really well. He said he was disappointed and that his dad probably shouldn't have said that, but that he'll be all right.

Just to recap the Kentucky situation, read above - @slu72, @brianstl - I edited my initial reply to put his bio and update in. For now, it still looks like the UK bridge has been burned. He still might wait it out to see if it can be healed, but UK is in a position where they don't need to deal with the politics of an in-state kid whose dad has certain expectations.

Right now, it seems like Iowa State, Tennessee, Cincinnati, and Oklahoma are recruiting him the hardest.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, JMM28 said:

If you showed this post and his list of offers to 2008 brianstl, what would 2008 brianstl think? 

No F'ing way we had a shot.  Hell, I wouldn't have thought we would have had a shot in the Majerus era.

Different ballgame now.  I think the staff offered KyKy now because they believe the have a real shot.  With how long they held out, I don't think they would have pulled the trigger if they didn't think it had a chance of actually happening.  

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

Just to recap the Kentucky situation, read above - @slu72, @brianstl - I edited my initial reply to put his bio and update in. For now, it still looks like the UK bridge has been burned. He still might wait it out to see if it can be healed, but UK is in a position where they don't need to deal with the politics of an in-state kid whose dad has certain expectations.

Right now, it seems like Iowa State, Tennessee, Cincinnati, and Oklahoma are recruiting him the hardest.

I agree on the UK on what is going on from the UK perspective and I think that is maybe why Louisville is still holding out even though Mack offered him at X.  I just think that despite what his dad has said if UK would decide to offer this kid, he would jump at it.  It probably won't happen because of the politics involved as you mentioned.

The updated Rivals150 is out:

Offers, listed by ranking, with previous ranking in parentheses:

18 (9) - Jalen Lecque

23 (32) - Kahlil Whitney

24 (31) - Kofi Cockburn

28 (35) - Kira Lewis, Jr.

38 (43) - E.J. Liddell

43 (99) - C.J. Walker

49 (49) - Malik Hall

62 (62) - Lester Quinones

71 (94) - Terrence Shannon, Jr.

79 (100) - Jaylin Williams

87 (83) - Dekeyvan (Kyky) Tandy

89 (90) - Ismael Massoud

99 (63) - Aundre Hyatt

100 (97) - Maxwell Lorca-Lloyd

115 (95) - James Bouknight

118 (129) - James Bishop

121 (76) - Mario McKinney

136 (NR) - Chris Ledlum

148 (NR) - DaJuan Gordon

Not ranked: Myles Baker, Tyler Bertram, John Bol Ajak (144), Chico Carter, Jr., Michael Christmas, Yuri Collins, Dashawn Davis, Nobal Days (114), Jordan Dingle, Tony Johnson, Treyon Johnson, Xzavier Jones, Marcedus Leech, Ricky Lindo, Jr., Justin McKoy, Anderson Mirambeaux, Michael Moreno, Chris Payton, Antonio Reeves, Quinn Richey, David Roddy, Joe Toussaint, Tyson Walker.

Others:

1 (1) - Vernon Carey, Jr. - SLU offer, not in finalists.

6 (10) - Isaiah Stewart - SLU offer, not in finalists.

21 (17) - Armando Bacot - SLU offer, not in finalists.

40 (27) - Christian Brown - SLU offer, not in finalists.

35 (39) - Jalen Wilson - SLU offer, Michigan commitment.

46 (42) - Francis Okoro - SLU offer, Oregon commitment.

81 (64) - Josh Nickelberry - SLU offer, Louisville commitment.

93 (65) - Grant Sherfield - SLU offer, UCLA commitment.

127 (79) - Joe Girard, III - SLU offer, not in finalists.

146 (146) - Isiaih Mosley - Colombia Rock Bridge player.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Finally!

Been waiting on that Tandy offer to happen. As a refresher:

Dekeyvan 'Kyky' Tandy - SG, 6-2, 180 - Hopkinsville, KY (University Heights Academy) - Twitter: @TandyDekeyvan

Offers: SLU, Virginia Tech, Oklahoma, Iowa State, K-State, Florida, Auburn, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Cincinnati, WKU, New Mexico State.

Interest: Xavier, Creighton, Louisville, Wake Forest, Boston College, Michigan, Kentucky, South Carolina, LSU, Vanderbilt, Wichita State.

Latest News: Tandy received an offer from SLU. He was excellent at the recent NextUpRecruits Camp. (7/6/18)

Scouting Report: Tandy is a very athletic high-volume scorer who averaged over 30 points per game as a junior. He scores on all three levels, using his bounce and athleticism to get to the rim with ease and making his 3-pointers at above 40%. He's an excellent passer with great vision, and loves to run in transition. He has great handles and can blow by defenders in either direction. He's got a strong frame and plays tough on both ends. Rankings: Rivals - 87, Prep Hoops - 101, 247sports - 137, Future150 - 144, ESPN - 88.

Tandy's dad went on Kentucky Sports Radio a couple months ago to talk about a potential UK offer. They had been showing interest but Tandy and his family wanted an offer. Anyway, his dad said that he didn't want Kyky to play backup to a bunch of one-and-dones, that he should get a UK offer and be a starter and wasn't going to sit on the bench behind anyone. Well, they haven't heard from UK since. To his credit, Kyky handled it really well. He said he was disappointed and that his dad probably shouldn't have said that, but that he'll be all right.

I like this kid's game a lot. We've now offered two of the top three kids in Kentucky's 2019 class. The top kid, David Johnson, had committed to Louisville but later decommitted. He's still considered a Louisville lean, though.

Any thoughts why the offer is so late?  Ford has shown he doesn't mind sending out a bunch of offers to areas he recruits hard in.  He was at the state playoff game where Tandy was playing and Ford obviously knows the Kentucky area well and Kyky is talented enough to have gotten an offer before now.  Just seems like an unusual time for Ford to offer kid he would've known about for awhile and hoping that is a good thing.  

14 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Here are the latest ratings from Prep Hoops, which came out yesterday.

https://www.prephoops.com/2019-national-rankings/

Liddell is #38, Tandy is #101, Hargrove is #131 and Collins is #193.

Was just about to do the update. Great minds.

Offers, listed by ranking, with previous ranking in parentheses:

15 (67) - Kahlil Whitney

23 (25) - Jalen Lecque

38 (39) - E.J. Liddell

47 (71) - C.J. Walker

48 (49) - Malik Hall

50 (40) - Kofi Cockburn

64 (129) - Ismael Massoud

77 (68) - John Bol Ajak

78 (64) - Mario McKinney

96 (119) - Kira Lewis, Jr.

101 (89) - Dekeyvan (Kyky) Tandy

108 (81) - Aundre Hyatt

112 (98) - Lester Quinones

114 (100) - Maxwell Lorca-Lloyd

118 (NR) - DaJuan Gordon

120 (146) - Jaylin Williams

131 (96) - Terrence Hargrove, Jr.

134 (109) - Chris Payton

176 (205) - Myles Baker

187 (185) - Joe Toussaint

191 (93) - Marcedus Leech

193 (230) - Yuri Collins

202 (NR) - David Roddy

241 (NR) - Michael Moreno

Not ranked: Tyler Bertram, James Bishop, James Bouknight, Chico Carter, Jr., Michael Christmas, Dashawn Davis, Nobal Days (164), Jordan Dingle, Tony Johnson, Treyon Johnson, Xzavier Jones, Chris Ledlum, Ricky Lindo, Jr., Justin McKoy, Anderson Mirambeaux, Antonio Reeves, Quinn Richey, Terrence Shannon, Jr., Tyson Walker.

Others:

1 - Vernon Carey, Jr. - SLU offer, not in finalists.

8 - Isaiah Stewart - SLU offer, not in finalists.

21 - Armando Bacot - SLU offer, not in finalists.

28 - Christian Brown - SLU offer, not in finalists.

40 - Jalen Wilson - SLU offer, Michigan commitment.

46 - Grant Sherfield - SLU offer, UCLA commitment.

60 - Josh Nickelberry - SLU offer, Louisville commitment.

74 - Isiaih Mosley - Columbia Rock Bridge player.

121 - Joe Girard, III - SLU offer, not in finalists.

129 - Al-Amir Dawes - SLU interest.

160 - Mahamadou Diawara - SLU interest.

TheDude likes this

Just now, Bills_06 said:

Any thoughts why the offer is so late?  Ford has shown he doesn't mind sending out a bunch of offers to areas he recruits hard in.  He was at the state playoff game where Tandy was playing and Ford obviously knows the Kentucky area well and Kyky is talented enough to have gotten an offer before now.  Just seems like an unusual time for Ford to offer kid he would've known about for awhile and hoping that is a good thing.  

Not sure. I was hoping he'd get an offer after the playoff game Ford watched him at. Regardless, I'm glad we're getting in the mix.

10 minutes ago, ChangeOfPace said:

Could this be to put some heat on Yuri?

No, they're totally different players. Tandy is a scoring guard and Yuri is about as pure a traditional PG as there is in the 2019 class.

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Not sure. I was hoping he'd get an offer after the playoff game Ford watched him at. Regardless, I'm glad we're getting in the mix.

Definitely an exciting offer. Changes are probably slim, but the staff must feel there is something there.

also, I am Yuri’s biggest fan, but you take Tandy all day every day

2 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

What about Hargrove?

1 hour ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Looks like he's not included on there.

Just now, drkelsey55 said:

131 on Prep Hoops, not ranked by Rivals.

It'd be fun for him to have a huge Peach Jam. Probably not, since they're going to want to showcase the uncommitted guys more, but still. It'd be cool.

More updated rankings, this set from 247sports (f.k.a. Scout).

Offers, with current ranking followed by previous ranking in parentheses:

9 (13) - Jalen Lecque

32 (37) - Kofi Cockburn

41 (15) - Kahlil Whitney

57 (88) - Malik Hall

59 (81) - E.J. Liddell

70 (96) - Lester Quinones

74 (73) - Jaylin Williams

75 (80) - James Bouknight

79 (104) - Terrence Shannon, Jr.

89 (23) - Kira Lewis, Jr.

122 (84) - Ismael Massoud

128 (150) - Aundre Hyatt

132 (138) - Dekeyvan (Kyky) Tandy

137 (130) - Mario McKinney

138 (291) - Nobal Days

139 (119) - Maxwell Lorca-Lloyd

143 (116) - C.J. Walker

156 (117) - James Bishop

161 (226) - Terrence Hargrove, Jr.

167 (186) - John Bol Ajak

176 (247) - Xzavier Jones

223 (241) - Michael Moreno

229 (227) - Marcedus Leech

246 (209) - Chris Payton

247 (213) - Yuri Collins

273 (269) - Chris Ledlum

279 (246) - Joe Toussaint

280 (252) - Michael Christmas

322 (NR) - Tyler Bertram

Not ranked: Myles Baker, Chico Carter, Jr., Dashawn Davis, Jordan Dingle, DaJuan Gordon, Tony Johnson, Treyon Johnson, Ricky Lindo, Jr., Justin McKoy, Anderson Mirambeaux, Antonio Reeves, Quinn Richey, David Roddy, Tyson Walker.

Others:

2 (3) - Vernon Carey, Jr. - SLU offer, not in finalists.

7 (6) - Isaiah Stewart - SLU offer, not in finalists.

21 (32) - Armando Bacot - SLU offer, not in finalists.

25 (30) - Christian Brown - SLU offer, not in finalists.

31 (28) - Jalen Wilson - SLU offer, Michigan commitment.

39 (45) - Francis Okoro - SLU offer, Oregon commitment.

52 (58) - Josh Nickelberry - SLU offer, Louisville commitment.

62 (97) - Grant Sherfield - SLU offer, UCLA commitment.

141 (157) - Joe Girard, III - SLU offer, not in finalists.

174 (201) - Isiaih Mosley - Columbia Rock Bridge player.

179 (202) - Al-Amir Dawes - SLU interest.

218 (243) - Mahamadou Diawara - SLU interest.

5 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Don’t think it means much, but SLU is still tracking Malik Hall it seems. Anyone else on that team?

we are listed first on all those schools.... we are baller status now 

14 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Don’t think it means much, but SLU is still tracking Malik Hall it seems. Anyone else on that team?

No one else that we're actively recruiting, as far as I know (and I might just not be aware). Two of the three good Rock Bridge kids - Isiaih Mosley, DaJuan Harris - play for MOKAN, and most of the rest are from the KC area. We offered Grant Sherfield a while back, but he was an early UCLA commit.

Travis Ford is fearless when it comes to recruiting. I guess the policy is even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then. Works for me and all they can say is no thanks plus it  doesn't cost anything to extend an offer.