Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

Right?? I keep expecting to see something. He doesn’t have a public twitter that I’m aware of, so I guess he’d have to announce the old fashioned way. 

If I recall correctly, it was one poster who said he was committing.  Maybe a good source, maybe not.  Ford's the man so if he thinks Yuri is a must get, then okay.  I think SLU needs a true point guard, hopefully in 2018's class.  And if that happens, maybe SLU waits on Yuri.  

58 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

If I recall correctly, it was one poster who said he was committing.  Maybe a good source, maybe not.  Ford's the man so if he thinks Yuri is a must get, then okay.  I think SLU needs a true point guard, hopefully in 2018's class.  And if that happens, maybe SLU waits on Yuri.  

“The One” called Demarius Jacobs out of nowhere, and it happened. He then said Yuri Collins will verbal. Most definitely a reliable source.

32 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

“The One” called Demarius Jacobs out of nowhere, and it happened. He then said Yuri Collins will verbal. Most definitely a reliable source.

I seem to recall that Earl's nickname is "The Awesome One" and he would be in a position to know a lot of inside info.  Could The One and The Awesome One be one and the same?

8 hours ago, bauman said:

I seem to recall that Earl's nickname is "The Awesome One" and he would be in a position to know a lot of inside info.  Could The One and The Awesome One be one and the same?

He’s been connected with SLU a long time, so getting a profile on Bills.com only a year ago doesn’t seem to add up.

2 hours ago, kshoe said:

Agreed. If someone guesses who TheOne is its pretty certain that he'll stop posting here. 

I withdraw my guess that Earl is The One.  However, could The One be our now absent Pditty, whoever that person was or is?

1 hour ago, bauman said:

I withdraw my guess that Earl is The One.  However, could The One be our now absent Pdiddy, whoever that person was or is?

That has been my thought.

I know some people here were convinced that p diddy was Earl Austin Jr., but I'm certain that was not the case.  The evidence was circumstantial.  It was said that the IP address p diddy used corresponded with The St. Louis American computers.  However, when I did an internship with The St. Louis American 24 years ago, there was an employee there (a white guy) in the sports department who was a Billikens fanatic!  So there could be people at The American other than Earl who would post about SLU's behind--the-scenes activity.  Moreover, during conversations I've had with Earl over the years, he's always said that he does not post here, though he did occasionally post on the old board that Nark ran (Billikenboard) as Fiona Apple.

1 minute ago, TheOne said:

I Ive been accused of being Hughes, Goodwin, Chaifetz, BenFred and Earl all in the last 24 hours!

Why can’t I be an average joe?!

You can be, but people here want you to be an insider, so that they can feel more confident about your good news.

As for the "accusation" of being Larry Hughes, that was me, and it was a joke.

8 minutes ago, TheOne said:

I Ive been accused of being Hughes, Goodwin, Chaifetz, BenFred and Earl all in the last 24 hours!

accused has a negative connotation. Don’t take it that way — we love having you here! 

You are now AverageJoe. 

16 minutes ago, TheOne said:

its actually quite the compliment!    

Billiken Rich likes this

4 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I'm pretty sure you are Bills insider Anna Kratky.

geez dont piss him off!

Liddell 26 in 4A quarter final game as belleville west wins by 38.  Final 4 starts friday evening.   EJ also climbed to second all-time scorer at belleville west (I think joe wiley first).   

Not sure bUT think it might be a dark period  right now where no recruiting allowed.  God forbid the teams that didn't make the tourney would have a couple weeks advantage over the blue bloods that are in the tourney.

2 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Not sure bUT think it might be a dark period  right now where no recruiting allowed.  God forbid the teams that didn't make the tourney would have a couple weeks advantage over the blue bloods that are in the tourney.

No, we're still in a live period. Next dead period is 3/28-4/5.

Yuri is an absolute stud, his shoulder is fine and played the 2nd half of the sikeston game. He is probably 5'11 and might get another inch or 2 but regardless can already dunk and did in some games with explosion. He is a load on the break bc very explosive  and quick and his ability to see the court is 2nd to known. He has really developed his shooting and scoring ability and might take off next year with not a loaded Dragons team.  Rumor is he is definitely not decideing anything til after EYBL summer league. He is running with Brad beal elite this summer.